LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

no injector pulse on LT1 please help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 01:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no injector pulse on LT1 please help!

i have a 1995 camaro. stock computer, stock wiring harness. the motor 383 LT1. i have stock heads, intake. MSD 6al box, coil, msd pro billet dist. comp cams 306. i had taken the engine out and had it refreshened. i done a abs delete, and wire delete (ran harness along the frame rail). i have all grounds hooked up and making good contact. im getting fuel all the way to the injectors. im getting spark out of all 8 plugs. i thought the dist was bad so i replaced with a brand new msd pro billet. the motor turns over but will not take off. im not getting injector pulse. im stumped. someone had mentioned the vats system may be causing this but i have no idea. any advice or help is much appreciated.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

I would find someone to turn the VATS segment off, then see if it will light up. looking at the schematic.

but first it could be your IGN switch, check if you have 12 vdc at the injector. the injector system is a SINK system, meaning the ECU grounds the injector lead. and there is power to the injector all of the time via the other lead. From the key switch to the 2 INJ fuses then to the injectors.

1. check for voltage at the injector W/key on

2. check fuses 2 of them, also check for voltage at the fuses, key on

3. check for power supply to the Ignition switch, power in + no power out = bad switch

4. install a test light from positive at the battery, to the non hot wire in the injector plug ( normally the hot wire is pink) then try to start, look to see if the light flashes.

try all of this and then get back to us
Old 06-10-2011, 10:04 AM
Teching In

thanks for the reply. the ignition switch is working. the motor turns over, and im getting spark to all 8. i even replaced the dist.

the (2) 7.5 fuses are good and making good contact. in fact just to cover everything i went through every fuse and wiring to make sure all was good. no fuses blown, all contacts was good and cleaned up with electrical cleaner solution, all wires was intact.

i did the test light to the injector harness plug and yes im getting a constant 12v current the pink side on all 8 injector plugs while key is in run position. i have not tried a noyd light but we did run the test light as negative ground source (so if injector pulsed it would light up) and nothing. i do realize thats not a reliable way to see if it is working but worth a shot.

i have cleaned all 8 pcm ground sources and still nothing. i seen on shbox.com how to bypass the V.A.T.S and where the harness is. im gonna try that next (fingers crossed). if that doesnt do the trick the only logical thing i can come up with in my mind is that the pcm has crashed.

any ideas or things to try is greatly appreciated. thanks for your time
Old 06-10-2011, 10:18 AM
Launching!

uhm tps senor that one on the left(standing in front of the car) of the TB. must be .52 ohm if i remeber good. it wotks with the injectors
Old 07-21-2011, 08:59 PM
Staging Lane

did you ever figure it out
Old 07-24-2011, 03:42 PM
Teching In

yes i did figure out my problem. the injectors was completely froze up. i was getting pulse to the injectors found by a nyod light. i bought new injectors and problem solved. i hope any info or tips for trouble shooting will help others in the future. thanks!

Quick Reply: no injector pulse on LT1 please help!