LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Oil pressure loss alarm indication before the motor blows up.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 01:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok ok so what u guys are saying is the accumulater will basically circumvent the blasted pressure switch..?

And it can't be rigged to kick in when the pressure switch tells the coil or fuel pump to suck it? and allow the 'cumulater to do it's "thing" in those precious last few seconds allowing us to say ahhhhh?
Old 06-23-2011, 05:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On 87-95 tbi truck motors the engine won't start until the oil reaches 10 or 15 psi. I don't know what it cuts off fuel or spark but you could buy the oil pressure switch, pigtail and splice it into the white wire on the icm or the fuel pump. I guess it just completes the circut when pressure is applied to the ball in the sensor. Not sure on all this correct me if wrong.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 112 Likes on 88 Posts

wrd get one of those switches the 7 or 15,you could use a buzzer from cole hersee or a piezo buzzer or wire it so the ignition gets cut.I would rather use a buzzer and a stand alone set up than hacking into my harness.Drove couple of miles at zero psi when my gear failed,engine did not lock up,I think I watch the oil pressure gauge more than the road,not a bad idea at all

Quick Reply: Oil pressure loss alarm indication before the motor blows up.