LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Thinking about getting an LT1 f-body

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 01:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure EFI connection would spend the man hours and R&D to develop a 2000.00 part that no one needs buy since the Opti is so great and reliable. Or Dynaspark Or Delteq Or LTCC or MSD or Accel.

Listen to LSWHO and you'll be sorry.

The Optispark ignition is the worst Fuel/ignition system GM ever concieved, even worse than the crossfire.

Water isn't the only problem with the Opti. Its the GM equivalent of XBOX's RRoD.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by OmniRex
I've owned my car for 10 years and 85,000 miles. Before it I owned a 94 v6 firebird. My buddy has 2 swapped third gens with LT1's and a Jeep pickup with an LT1, I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Yes, 4 Optis with 107,000 miles. First was the stock one when at 55,000 miles the rotor grenaded. Second one was an advanced auto, within 10,000 miles it had a low res signal error. Third was the replacement advance auto. Car would stumble after it warmed up and stall. Checked out no spark. Now I'm on my fourth from Jason Cromer. The rear main seal is another LT1 issue.

LS1's are more reliable, cheaper to mod, have a good ignition system, are lighter and easier to work on.
Your problem is that you purchased cheap-*** optis.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:19 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by carlos64030
agreed. Marine, go with what you want. If you want an LTx fbody then go for it. I had my heart set on a 95 Trans Am before I left for Parris Island, and when I come home I got it. Only problems Ive had is a clutch, A/C compressor and some suspension bushing. Nothing big, but normal stuff for any vehicle, especially a higher performance one at that.

The opti is not fragile like everybody whines and moans about. Ive ran my car through a car wash with 500psi under carriage sprayers and never had a problem.

As far as OmniRex suggesting the EFI connection and stating that they wouldnt have spent all the R&D and money building it, thats bs. If individual coils on an LSx are so great, why are some people running carbs and distributors?
Old 07-03-2011, 02:21 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by OmniRex
You're best bet is a 24x conversion of you want an LT1, but that runs 2000+. Might aswell just swap or buy an LS1.
Cool story bro, even all efi connections stuff don't run that much, except if you use their coils/brackets. A guy could repin his engine wire harness, get the appropriate sensors, and coils, and still be under a grand.
And that's funny about your advance auto opti story, theirs your problem, most of the optis other than a/c delco/delphi and dynaspark don't have a good track record, but you figurd you try it cuz it was cheap huh? The power window thing is funny also, they use the same exact motor on the ls cars you know that right?
Ahh but you can't argue with an lsx nut hugger, so yeah your right your rear leaking would never happen if it was an ls car

Op, I've had my car for 15k, and I had an opti fail, but it had been through a big puddle and my heater hose leaking on it for a while. Lt cars get a rep for needing more maintaince because their older, older cars **** breaks, plain and simple. As far as reliability goes, I just hopped in my car and drove 500 miles today with no problems whatsoever
Old 07-03-2011, 02:24 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by carlos64030
lol, Oh? What about the Stock one? Or the fact that I'm waiting to take my car to Pharro Performance to fix the jason cromer AC Delco Opti thats CURRENTLY IN THE CAR?

I swear to god I'm going to throw a Ford Turbo engine in this car just to **** you GM fanboys off.

Do all of you have fragile egos becuase you have a shitty *** engine?

Let me explain something to you noobs. I was on LS1.com before LS1tech existed, I remember when LS1tech was created due to a rift with LS1.com owner Brad.

I love Pontiacs. NOT GM. I despise GM for what they did to the brand. So, no I'm not an LSx Nuthugger, but its apparent you are LTx nuthuggers.

The only redeeming quality of the LTx engines is reverse flow cooling. OP your choice.

Last edited by OmniRex; 07-03-2011 at 02:37 AM.

Quick Reply: Thinking about getting an LT1 f-body