LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

How bad is it to drive at high RPM's all the time?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 12:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fex77k
I have to drive defensively in my area, I've been put into the median twice on the highway once with my race car on the trailer because of dumb ***** on their phone swerving left into my lane. I think most people shouldn't have cell phones let alone cars but that is another story.
With my bike being my main mode of transportation, and living in FL where 95% of people cant drive worth a DAMN, defensive driving has become the norm for me.

I thought driving in Manhattan was bad, but here you have 3 different types of drivers swerving into your lane:

1. 80-something year olds in giant oldsmobiles and buicks who didn't see or hear you, and shouldn't even have their licenses anymore.
2. Soccer moms in SUV's or Minivans putting on makeup or talking on their cellphones not paying attention.
3. Johnny Ricer in dropped fart-canned ricers who weave in and out of traffic who think they're the ****.

Makes for some interesting commutes on a motorcycle down here.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

93 You live in Orlando, look into what happened to Hulk Hogans son. Pretty sure he was driving fast all the time. He ruined his best friends life.

The fastest I have every been was 130, one time in my 96 C4 Corvette. That was it too scary for me even on the interstate.

My Camaro, I romp on it 1st-3rd then let off, thats about it. Never had it on the strip.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Puck
With my bike being my main mode of transportation, and living in FL where 95% of people cant drive worth a DAMN, defensive driving has become the norm for me.

I thought driving in Manhattan was bad, but here you have 3 different types of drivers swerving into your lane:

1. 80-something year olds in giant oldsmobiles and buicks who didn't see or hear you, and shouldn't even have their licenses anymore.
2. Soccer moms in SUV's or Minivans putting on makeup or talking on their cellphones not paying attention.
3. Johnny Ricer in dropped fart-canned ricers who weave in and out of traffic who think they're the ****.

FL is pretty crazy, used to go down there allot. NYC is pretty stressful, especially when I'm in the reefer f350 or worse in the gmc5500 box truck delivering fish. I'd still prefer either over my hometown in the summer tho, got 6.8miles of 2lane highway going thru town w/ a population of 3,500 that swells to over 17,000 in the summer. I've been all over the US and some of CA and we have the WORST tourists in the country out here when it comes to driving! just from mid july to the end of august there was 107 accidents on that 6.8mi of highway!! I would never ride a motorcycle out here(or in FL lol) not even 30 and I've already lost 3 friends on bikes.. and another 4 in vehicles.

I swear 85% of the people on the road need to go back to drivers ed!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-02-2012, 02:31 PM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by 96lt4c4
93 You live in Orlando, look into what happened to Hulk Hogans son. Pretty sure he was driving fast all the time. He ruined his best friends life.
Hogan had also been drinking. Best friend was not wearing a seatbelt. Of course it's unknown if either of these factors would have changed the outcome, but they should be noted.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by z_speedfreak
FL is pretty crazy, used to go down there allot. NYC is pretty stressful, especially when I'm in the reefer f350 or worse in the gmc5500 box truck delivering fish:dizzy:. I'd still prefer either over my hometown in the summer tho, got 6.8miles of 2lane highway going thru town w/ a population of 3,500 that swells to over 17,000 in the summer. I've been all over the US and some of CA and we have the WORST tourists in the country when it comes to driving! just from mid july to the end of august there was 107 accidents on that 6.8mi of highway!! I would never ride a motorcycle out here(or in FL lol) not even 30 and I've already lost 3 friends on bikes.. and another 4 in vehicles.

I swear 85% of the people on the road need to go back to drivers ed!!!!!!!!!!
There is no drivers ed in florida. The driving test consists of 20 multiple choice questions and driving around a parking lot in a smart car. And no, that's not an exaggeration.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
There is no drivers ed in florida. The driving test consists of 20 multiple choice questions and driving around a parking lot in a smart car. And no, that's not an exaggeration.
Says the dude who just posted a video of himself doing 140 MPH on a dark road........
Old 10-02-2012, 06:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
Says the dude who just posted a video of himself doing 140 MPH on a dark road........
If you look close you can see a bunch of blind kids playing with puppies next to the road.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:23 PM
Village Troll

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
Someone with that screen name passing judgement?
Old 10-02-2012, 08:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Old 10-02-2012, 08:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

x2 on that one. Thats a good reason to have a bike. Easier for defensive driving.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 96lt4c4

The fastest I have every been was 130, one time in my 96 C4 Corvette. That was it too scary for me even on the interstate.

My Camaro, I romp on it 1st-3rd then let off, thats about it. Never had it on the strip.
Yes he was speeding in city limits like a dumbass he is. If he was on the interstate his friend would still function like a normal person! I remember seeing an episode of hogan knows best before the accident and hulk hogan showed his son a video of kids being killed from street racing. The look on his face was but sometimes that alone wont stop dumbasses doing racing in city limits.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
Lol I can agree on that also. When the first time I saw what I had to pass to get my license is said to myself "Is that it?" Most of it was common sense!
Old 10-02-2012, 08:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wrd1972
Why do you post stupid pictures? Its irrelevant to the argument!
Old 10-02-2012, 09:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 93Euphoria
Why do you post stupid pictures? Its irrelevant to the argument!
Yeah your right, the "arguement" has gone from slightly funny to just plain tired. How about some relevance:
Old 10-02-2012, 10:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wrd1972
Yeah your right, the "arguement" has gone from slightly funny to just plain tired. How about some relevance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jznoUT76wlg
I think we get the point. But im not going to live my life in fear for driving over the speed limit. And for christ sakes stop posting **** that you think is funny or terrifying. Never repay fear with fear. Yeah i would like to know what he was driving. I bet you it wasnt an F-body that can handle high speed. That **** looks like a 4 door sedan lumina. I GET your point. But your theory "Speed Kills" is going in one ear and out the other. If I have an F-body in good condition, good tire, ect... Then im not going to worry about slamming into a median like this idiot. He was probably driving 140mph with a car right in front of him and his brakes were shot. He either lost control from one of 2 factors or both: He had no brakes or he steered way too radical then lost control. You really think im that stupid?

Last edited by 93Euphoria; 10-02-2012 at 10:53 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:32 PM
TECH Addict

^that was a v6 3rd gen and the dash cam is from a jake fyi
Old 10-03-2012, 05:43 AM
Village Troll

One street racing issue that bugs the **** out of me is when a street racing related story is told you will see that 99% of the time it's between two dumbfucks that are racing through intersections or on a road full of turns, so of course everyone is programmed to say how evil street racing is, yet you never see/hear/read about wrecks happening on a straight road out in bumfuck nowhere.
I remember some f-body related crash dedication website posted up a few years ago where dude had his girlfriend in the car and he was racing a friend around a sweeping corner, naturally lost control and t-boned a pole and I think it killed both of them. The website went on to say just how bad street racing is. Pictures were up on the website of the road where dude lost it and wrecked. I swear the skid marks were hundreds of feet long. Street racing didn't kill him. His careless judgement to take a corner on a two lane road at retarded high speeds is what killed him.

When you are on a bike you must take into consideration EVERYONE is trying to kill you. Keeps your senses a little sharper.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:23 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 54 Likes on 48 Posts

.. You really think im that stupid?
Based on what you have posted...yes. MHO.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:51 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thread is stupid and off topic...unsubsctibed!
Old 10-03-2012, 08:55 AM
TECH Veteran

And for christ sakes stop posting **** that you think is funny or terrifying.
uh...you challenged me to be more relevant. Dint ya'!!!

Yeah i would like to know what he was driving. I bet you it wasnt an F-body that can handle high speed. That **** looks like a 4 door sedan lumina. I GET your point.
Originally Posted by z_speedfreak
^that was a v6 3rd gen and the dash cam is from a jake fyi
93 got

But your theory "Speed Kills" is going in one ear and out the other. If I have an F-body in good condition, good tire, ect... Then im not going to worry about slamming into a median like this idiot. He was probably driving 140mph with a car right in front of him and his brakes were shot. He either lost control from one of 2 factors or both: He had no brakes or he steered way too radical then lost control.
Wow you concluded that from a thirty second youtube video. I doubt that would ever happen with your superior driving ability as you have put forth. I simply cant help but be impressed with your ability to explain and spin everything away especially stuff you know absolutely nothing about. You might even put forth a convincing arguement that the world is really flat. On top of that, you insult this country and valuable veteran members on this board with some sheer stupidity. You would definitely make a great politician.

You really think im that stupid?

Quick Reply: How bad is it to drive at high RPM's all the time?