LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Have to be 100% realistic here

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 09:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LS1 cars still fetch a pretty penny around here. I have seen some in the 6k range, but they are pretty rough. If at all possible I would attempt to keep it, because you know you'll lose your *** on it if you sell it.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

i dont know how trading a performance build for another performance build is going to help anything.

You say your wanting to be smart about this. Here are your options

1 - Sell spare parts to fix car, make car driveable and startable. lets be honest, noone wants your old parts for a "sweetened" deal. You said you have 2 converters, if they are not stock and can be proven to be what they are they can bring enough money to buy what you need.

2 - trade car for a reliable DD. Im talking toyota, honda, ect. 4 cylinder. Good gas mileage, reliable.

I honestly think your best bet is to fix the lt1. You say your wanting to be realistic, that is probably the most realistic thing that you can do thats in your power apart from finding another job. Sitting and hoping someone has a good trade isnt the best way to go about it if time is against you.

However, this car has been down for awhile. What are you using for transportation? Youve been getting around some how, that whole new setup didnt go in over the weekend.

Last edited by trilkb; 08-07-2011 at 09:57 AM.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:07 AM
Village Troll

Received 534 Likes on 386 Posts

Ah, Yute...
As stated, if this car is giving you these kind of problems there is absolutely no reason to get yet another performance application that can yield even bigger problems. Especially since you are complaining about gas prices.
trilkb's post is the voice of reason.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SS RRR
Ah, Yute...
As stated, if this car is giving you these kind of problems there is absolutely no reason to get yet another performance application that can yield even bigger problems. Especially since you are complaining about gas prices.
trilkb's post is the voice of reason.
I've been driving around my dads car while he drives his truck (getting a lil edgy about it) But it gets 22 MPG my buddies LS1 Camaro gets that

I have a guy also interested it for cash. i'll probably buy a nicer 4 cylinder and put the rest of the money away for when I can find a job till the Air force stuff is settled . I planned everything with this car assuming I would have my job until I did end up enlisting which was dumb but you live and you learn. I'm a real young guy and sure everyone on here has "lost there ***" on something. I'm just willing to take my losses at this point and start fresh.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Get a geo metro
Old 08-07-2011, 03:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Keep the damn thing. If you don't want to fix it right now, just buy some reliable shitbox and beat that for a year or two till you can do what you want with your car. Theres no point in taking a big loss on it just to do it again later with a different vehicle.

For what its worth, i just did a 700mile round trip 75% highway with my LT1 (full bolt ons, le2 heads,comp cam, 37lb injectors,bbk throttle body, bla bla bla) and averaged 28mpg doing it.

Quick Reply: Have to be 100% realistic here