LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Leaving for the Shootout in about 3 weeks, everybody else ready??

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 03:45 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SS Aleks
I have a wideband to lend.
I wanted to bring my dyno, but neither the hotel nor the track is cool with providing an electrical outlet.

Oh well, 1 less thing to carry.

I have to thrash to get ready too. I have to install the clutch and a sfi bellhousing. It also needs an alignment and something went wrong with the brakes .

I will do everything I can to be there. I don't want to miss the shootout again.
I am looking forward to seeing your car. I really really hope you make it! Dont give up!
Old 08-30-2011, 05:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SS Aleks
I have a wideband to lend.
I wanted to bring my dyno, but neither the hotel nor the track is cool with providing an electrical outlet.

Oh well, 1 less thing to carry.

I have to thrash to get ready too. I have to install the clutch and a sfi bellhousing. It also needs an alignment and something went wrong with the brakes .

I will do everything I can to be there. I don't want to miss the shootout again.
Dude, I hope you make it, I would love to see your car!
Old 08-30-2011, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the t shirt reply and about friday.

Who do I need to bribe so someone can hold me some shirts? I always get screwed since im so big and they always run out of huge. And by huge I mean 7 ft tall.... I want my hole family to get a shirt including me.lol
Old 08-30-2011, 07:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by joelster
Ugh issues.........................

Ran the car for 10 minutes and it pulled real strong! Then it fouled a plug on the trip home, turned out to be a loose plug wire, no biggie. Replaced the plug and all WAS good. The oil pressure on the way home was lower than what I was used to, around 20lbs at idle, 40ish cruising. I chalked it up to the tolerances being on the loose side. I decided to change the dino oil out and cut the filter open. Drained the oil and it was dark-looking from the assembly lube. Cut the filter open and it had a little bit of debris, possibly particles of rtv, etc, etc, but zero metalflake, which is good. I put in some more dino oil 20w50 and a new filter. Fired it up and it proceeded to pop the o-ring off of the filter and **** a quart of oil down the driveway, ugh. I took off the filter and re-installed it and put it back on really tight. Fired it up again, and it did the same thing. I figured that maybe the bypass valve on the adapter was stuck. I took the oil filter off, and noticed that i had cracked the adapter from having the filter on so tight. I checked the bypass and it is working just like it should. Now i'm thinking I have a blocked oil passageway just past the filter. Just great.

Any ideas on how to clean out an oil passageway with the motor in the car?
Update!

Stupid freakin Purolator filter POS. Can't handle the pressure or 20w50. Drained the oil, replaced the adapter, put in a NAPA Gold filter and some dino 10w30, and all is good! Took it for a spin and it felt strong, but still rich. No time to tune.

Mike V--Do you think maybe you could lean my car out a touch? Just change the injector constant a hair for me?
Old 08-30-2011, 07:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula383
Hope you can make it Aleks. Good luck with all the last minute prep. I'm in the same shoes.
Don't give up guys. We assembled my motor this morning. After that we pulled the LS7 and Glide. The LT1 is back in the car too! No way I would miss this.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:36 PM
Launching!

I want a shirt too! They look bad ***!
Old 08-30-2011, 09:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by quik95lt1
you've got to be kidding me?? friggin guy......can u locate a wideband tony?? ill bring my old pcm and the lt1 edit and we can street tune it friday morning........
mike you have no idea the b.s. im going through right now. dont worry about it. im gonna run with my madz28 tune, it runs great. next year we can f*ck with it. i just want to get out there and relax and enjoy the weekend and run what i have and just hope its enough, im done with the last minute b.s.

we'll talk. just let me know if you can meet in danbury or not and what time you want to meet there. i was planning on leaving at 4am to be in danbury around 6:00 - 6:30am
Old 08-30-2011, 09:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Default shift lite

well of course a simple 3 wire hook up is a no go. I connected the hot, ground and the green to the white wire in the kick panel according to shbox site...Nothing.dead! time I just feel like giving up. I need the shift lite cause my tach is not working correctly..
Old 08-30-2011, 10:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im drinking a Fat tire watchin Leno.LOL
Need to fill the nitrous and pick up the trailer by friday and hit the road. Dont give up guys.
Moe do you have a igintion box? There is usually a hook up for a tach/shift light.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Ralls
I'm on my way to KY right now. Driving the TA and already broke down within the first hour lol. Lost power to the fuel pump but was able to switch to the second fuel pump. Thank goodness for Lonnies dual walbros! Harness got pinched by the torque arm when I hit a big bump. Fixed it in a auto parts parking lot. Lots of more road to travel.
glad it was a simple fix for ya and make sure you get vids of that badboy!
Old 08-30-2011, 10:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by AChotrod
Need to fill the nitrous and pick up the trailer by friday and hit the road. Dont give up guys.
Moe do you have a igintion box? There is usually a hook up for a tach/shift light.
ONe of my favorite beers!!! Ignition box, what does he need? A mallory 685?
Old 08-30-2011, 10:55 PM
11 Second Club

Haha yes its the best!
Sounds like he needs a tach signal. Ignition boxes usually have one.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:58 PM
TECH Veteran

O I thought he needed a box...Yes they usually all Have one.

well njoy the beer and have one for me. Im off to bed now, gotta get up early
Old 08-30-2011, 11:15 PM
11 Second Club

Hmmm just ordered a stuffed pepperoni, sausage, and jalapeno pizza
Old 08-31-2011, 07:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Just had some stupid bitch rear end me on Woodward going to work this morning. Amazingly, didn't really do any damage besides a **** ton of scratches, but my neck hurts like a son of a bitch.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:41 AM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by ZGOBYBY
Just had some stupid bitch rear end me on Woodward going to work this morning. Amazingly, didn't really do any damage besides a **** ton of scratches, but my neck hurts like a son of a bitch.
Call Saul!
Old 08-31-2011, 08:02 AM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

GTO's are monsters!!!! they weigh as much as an M1 Abrahams they should be albe to handle that lol.........hope ur ok
Old 08-31-2011, 08:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by AChotrod
I have the 6al but I thought I read somewhere not to hook it up there? but what was strange last night, I removed the the Right side kick panel and tapped into the white wire for the tach signal according to the instructions in shbox, I found a three prong plug that was just there and checked it for hot and grnd so I tapped into that, I had power to the red but what was strange was on the ground side, my test light was dim, showing some power to the ground? Maybe I need to find a different power and ground source...I will check into the MSD too...thanks

Last edited by moehorsepower; 08-31-2011 at 08:14 AM. Reason: edit
Old 08-31-2011, 08:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by quik95lt1
GTO's are monsters!!!! they weigh as much as an M1 Abrahams they should be albe to handle that lol.........hope ur ok
I went out to the lot and I rocked the car back and forth and I hear some clunking in the rear suspension now. GREAT. I just put a drive shaft in a week ago, and I hope it didn't blow the carrier bearing out from all that forward force. I let the clutch out and I hear a lot of suspension recoil noise in the rear of the car. And... my deductable is $1,000.00.

Thoughts?
Old 08-31-2011, 08:36 AM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

Thoughts?
You need to have it checked out and have the problem documented. You don't have this looked at and it becomes a problem after the claim is settled you are SOL. Your deductible has nothing to do with a wreck that was not your fault, therefore any charges should be reimbursed.

Quick Reply: Leaving for the Shootout in about 3 weeks, everybody else ready??