LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Leaving for the Shootout in about 3 weeks, everybody else ready??

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 12:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to hear Moe. I hope to see ya there again.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Just some minor details, I noticed the IAT was not hooked up so I had to pull off the elbow and gonna have to drill a hole and find a grommet, of course it was not easy pulling off that elbow. I will work all night if necessary to get it street worthy, need to put some miles on the clutch for the dyno hopefully this weekend...C-ya there BadHawk...
Old 08-15-2011, 07:52 AM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by moehorsepower
I am also thrashing, just got the car running, but still need to hook up the waste gate, blow out and boost controller, Had to replace the fuel lines, need to get an alignment and now my alternator is charging but not making the complete circuit, No charge is going to the battery but the alt is putting out 13.5 volts so?
make sure your alternator is grounded good.......i run an 8 gauge wire from the alt case to batt GND on my car and i run 14.7V all the time......

Just some minor details, I noticed the IAT was not hooked up so I had to pull off the elbow and gonna have to drill a hole and find a grommet, of course it was not easy pulling off that elbow. I will work all night if necessary to get it street worthy, need to put some miles on the clutch for the dyno hopefully this weekend...C-ya there BadHawk...
glad to hear your making it...............

i finally got mine straight........after about 2 hours of hacking in the pits on the inside of my frame rail with a hammer and a cut off wheel my 29's fit good.......only got to make two passes friday night..........

forgetting i had the street tune in it which put me down 8* on the launch and 4* at WOT on timing i launched it at about 1500rpm and it ran a 1.41 60' carrying the fronts almost the 60' and went 10.30 @ 131.8...........put the race tune back in it and launched it at 3300 and blew the tires off........track was going away though........gonna get in one more weekend of testing and ill be ready to rip in BG...........nothing like last minute!!
Old 08-15-2011, 10:27 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by quik95lt1
make sure your alternator is grounded good.......i run an 8 gauge wire from the alt case to batt GND on my car and i run 14.7V all the time......

glad to hear your making it...............

i finally got mine straight........after about 2 hours of hacking in the pits on the inside of my frame rail with a hammer and a cut off wheel my 29's fit good.......only got to make two passes friday night..........

forgetting i had the street tune in it which put me down 8* on the launch and 4* at WOT on timing i launched it at about 1500rpm and it ran a 1.41 60' carrying the fronts almost the 60' and went 10.30 @ 131.8...........put the race tune back in it and launched it at 3300 and blew the tires off........track was going away though........gonna get in one more weekend of testing and ill be ready to rip in BG...........nothing like last minute!!
Stress is Great! Gives me more of a reason at the end of the day for that extra cold one
Old 08-15-2011, 10:41 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We put the new trans in our car we are taking, and abruptly broke the trans, hahaha....

So, it has to come back out, fix it, and head back in with it. We should be FINE..... hahahaha
Old 08-15-2011, 11:26 AM
11 Second Club

Im at the dmv right now putting my car on the road
Old 08-15-2011, 12:31 PM
9 Second Club

test session saturday at NED tony!!! I'm gonna be there with the big ole "P .400" on my windshield..........get over to the track or we are gonna look like two amateurs with fast cars cutting 1 sec lights lol
Old 08-15-2011, 05:02 PM
11 Second Club

haha you think I will be able to install my hood with dzus fasteners by sat? i doubt it. but i'll try. rails and hardware should be coming in tomorrow. btw do u still have lt1edit?
Old 08-16-2011, 07:33 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by CamaroRacing12
haha you think I will be able to install my hood with dzus fasteners by sat? i doubt it. but i'll try. rails and hardware should be coming in tomorrow. btw do u still have lt1edit?
yep i still gots it..........and get that hood done we need pratice and this weekend is our best chance!!!

if your car is a 95 tony we can swap my old PCM into your car and you wouldn't have to buy a license either........
Old 08-16-2011, 08:14 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I'll be there it looks like on Thursday and plan to check out the Corvette museum on Friday, maybe even pay the $7 and do the tour of the factory. That would be actually kind of cool if we got a group together for that.

Kyle,

If I knew your Formy was being such a ninny muggins, I would have worked some what harder to finish some more stuff on the 93 and let you take that up there. Guess it's to late now so you better do work and put some miles on the Formula.

I registered for Out Law as a silent protest against certain folks who year after year dash our hopes of seeing a 7 second slip.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:28 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
I'll be there it looks like on Thursday and plan to check out the Corvette museum on Friday, maybe even pay the $7 and do the tour of the factory. That would be actually kind of cool if we got a group together for that.

Kyle,

If I knew your Formy was being such a ninny muggins, I would have worked some what harder to finish some more stuff on the 93 and let you take that up there. Guess it's to late now so you better do work and put some miles on the Formula.

I registered for Out Law as a silent protest against certain folks who year after year dash our hopes of seeing a 7 second slip.
i went to the vette factory last year its sooooo worth the 7$ the tour is awesome.........i plan on going again on friday.......we should get a group together.....
Old 08-16-2011, 09:30 AM
TECH Addict

i went to the vette factory last year its sooooo worth the 7$ the tour is awesome.........i plan on going again on friday.......we should get a group together.....
Yup, did that last year too and it was great, An FYI to you all if you plan to buy a T-shirt. Get one or even two size larger, I wear large and bought a couple of large shirts only to get home and not be able to wear them, too small. What a bummer...
Old 08-16-2011, 09:41 AM
9 Second Club

Yup, did that last year too and it was great, An FYI to you all if you plan to buy a T-shirt. Get one or even two size larger, I wear large and bought a couple of large shirts only to get home and not be able to wear them, too small. What a bummer...
yea this is true i bought a large last year......i wear it but i look like i belong in an episode of jersy shore with it on lol
Old 08-16-2011, 10:49 AM
11 Second Club

yea this is true i bought a large last year......i wear it but i look like i belong in an episode of jersy shore with it on lol
thats my look anyways baby!

im down for a tour of the corvette musuem im sure my gf will loveeeee that lol she has 0 interest in cars, but loves that i have a passion for it.

lemme get ahold of that bum don mike and if we can work something out I will take u up on that idea of using ur pcm and ur lt1edit
Old 08-16-2011, 12:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, you could be "Mikey V - the racer." I could only imagine. Right age and demographic! LOL... epic.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just found out that I can't make it. Hope to see you guys next year. I will actually be able to bring my car then.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I would love to go but it is my local tracks muscle car shoot out that weekend. Pretty big event and I haven't missed it in 5 years.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by transbird95
I would love to go but it is my local tracks muscle car shoot out that weekend. Pretty big event and I haven't missed it in 5 years.
It will be an even bigger event getting your car into GM High Tech Performance magazine.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by joelster
It will be an even bigger event getting your car into GM High Tech Performance magazine.
I highly doubt they would want my turd. She is slow and needs body work really bad lol. I will make it to one of these and meet all you guys one day.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by transbird95
I highly doubt they would want my turd. She is slow and needs body work really bad lol. I will make it to one of these and meet all you guys one day.
Lol, they don't do FEATURES on all of the cars! They DO try to include an action pic of just about every car there though. Maybe a small pic of you and your opponent side by side leaving the line.

Quick Reply: Leaving for the Shootout in about 3 weeks, everybody else ready??