LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Results from Supercharger to Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 11:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by ahritchie
Let me get this straight....you spent $18,000 to upgrade from a blower to turbo...to make LESS HP?

Am I missing something here? Hopefully you can get it tuned better and turn up the boost or I'd be pissed blowing $18 grand for little to no performance advantage over a blower.
A setup like moe's doesnt run a magical number right off the bat. Turbo setups take time to get the tuning dialed in and all the little things worked out. I think his results are solid being they are shakedown runs. Great work moe and thanks for posting up this info!!
Old 09-15-2011, 01:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by z_speedfreak
way to go moe! I'm sure theres plenty left on the table power wise and that plus some more seat time w/ the turbo and im sure you'll be damn near high 9's.
do you have the dyno graphs of each set up? I would love to see the difference in curves!
Thanks, I might still have one of the supercharger graphs, I usually dont keep them since I just use the Dyno for tuning but that would be very interesting as you say to look at the power curve difference.

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
A setup like moe's doesnt run a magical number right off the bat. Turbo setups take time to get the tuning dialed in and all the little things worked out. I think his results are solid being they are shakedown runs. Great work moe and thanks for posting up this info!!

You all are welcome, and you are so right, also I was running off the waste gate only, no boost controller so there is a lot more to do tuning wise..Heck I was lucky to even get the car running just before the shoot out!

Quick Reply: Results from Supercharger to Turbo