LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Weird Header Question....

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ramair go easy on him he knows not who he speaks too.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by the_merv
That's cause that Mazda doesnt have a real Engine..that Header is probably the size of one of my Primaries..lol.
Whoa whoa whoa buddy. I'm as ricer hating, honda despising as the rest of us, but some cars shouldn't be looked down upon just because they don't have a V8 or they arent American. RX8's are bad ***. Weight distibution. Etc. And rotary motors are sexy. Definitely a real engine. My buddies RX8 with only a header and ram air is VERY impressive. Dont knock the rotary motors.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

First titanium headers, then engine hour gauge, now RX8s are bad ***. What next?
Old 09-28-2011, 09:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by lethal bird
Ramair go easy on him he knows not who he speaks too.
Doesnt matter who I'm speaking to. If your wrong, your wrong. Doesn't matter who you are. I dont dish out favoritism for any reason. Don't care if your 80 years old, built 4000 race cars, have the fastest lap at the Indy 500, broke the land speed record, had sex with Megan Fox, etc etc. If you are wrong, you are wrong. And it shouldnt bother him at all. He said that my buddy didnt have titanium exhaust. 5 minutes of internet searching and I found titanium exhaust. Its that simple. No grudge match. No bickering. No hard feelings. I was right, he was wrong. I've been wrong before. You have too. Everyone has. Only pussies and children get upset because they are proven wrong.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Then you will admit your wrong you said FULL titanium exhaust. You posted a catback not a full titanium exhaust.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:01 PM
Launching!

First titanium headers, then engine hour gauge, now RX8s are bad ***. What next?
Have you ever ridden in an RX8? Do you know anything about an RX8? Do you even know how a rotary motor works without hitting up wikipedia? RX8's have a 1.3L motor. It puts out 232 hp. That is amazing in itself. A motor that small with that kind of power output. Most weigh under 3000 pounds and have damn near perfect 50/50 weight distribution. That is 13 hp per pound for an RX8 compared to a stock lt1 Fbody which is also around 13 hp per pound. Its people who don't respect other real sports cars that make us muscle car guys look like mullet wearing, close minded, idiots among the car enthusiast community. I love V8 American muscle cars. They are my preference. But never will I ever insinuate that if its not a V8 American muscle car that its not badass or it doesn't have a "real engine". Give respect where respect is due.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ive never ridden in an RX8 but I was passed by one at Road Atlanta in a stock Acura NSX. I was very impressed, and scared lol. I wasnt driving.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mississippi
Have you ever ridden in an RX8? Do you know anything about an RX8? Do you even know how a rotary motor works without hitting up wikipedia? RX8's have a 1.3L motor. It puts out 232 hp. That is amazing in itself. A motor that small with that kind of power output. Most weigh under 3000 pounds and have damn near perfect 50/50 weight distribution. That is 13 hp per pound for an RX8 compared to a stock lt1 Fbody which is also around 13 hp per pound. Its people who don't respect other real sports cars that make us muscle car guys look like mullet wearing, close minded, idiots among the car enthusiast community. I love V8 American muscle cars. They are my preference. But never will I ever insinuate that if its not a V8 American muscle car that its not badass or it doesn't have a "real engine". Give respect where respect is due.
Im sorry, but you are a dumb ***. You obviously have no ******* clue what your talking about. RX8's are slow quite sluggish. You have obviously never owned a turbo rx7 or know anyone who has. Why do you think 9 times out of 10 they swap an ls motor of some kind in. Rotary motor are absolute garbage IMO. You are what gives people the idea that all people from Ms are completely retarded, inbred, hicks. The smartest thing for you to do is just stop posting go read a few books, threads and learn a thing or two. And just stop acting like some typical 18-21 year old that thinks he knows everything.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:14 PM
Launching!

Then you will admit your wrong you said FULL titanium exhaust. You posted a catback not a full titanium exhaust.
He MADE the rest of the exhaust out of titanium. CUSTOM MADE headers. He works in aviation and has at his disposal all the tools and materials required. I have no way of verifying that for you until I get pics this weekend. Hell, I've never thought to question him about it. I've just always taken it as truth. He's never lied to me before, and the guy knows his stuff. Who knows, maybe he is lying. But, to my knowlege, his **** is titanium. The headers have that wierd discolored effect that titanium gets after being heated. But if it turns out that it isnt titanium, you have my word that I will apologize and let you know that I am wrong. Until then, I believe I am right.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

He MADE the rest of the exhaust out of titanium. CUSTOM MADE headers. He works in aviation and has at his disposal all the tools and materials required. I have no way of verifying that for you until I get pics this weekend. Hell, I've never thought to question him about it. I've just always taken it as truth. He's never lied to me before, and the guy knows his stuff. Who knows, maybe he is lying. But, to my knowlege, his **** is titanium. The headers have that wierd discolored effect that titanium gets after being heated. But if it turns out that it isnt titanium, you have my word that I will apologize and let you know that I am wrong. Until then, I believe I am right.
Just has titanium at his disposal? Know i know your full of ****.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

I remember being once like you. Enthusiastic. Going crazy trying to find the most high tech parts on the planet to stuff into my LT1. Which isn't a bad thing, but I had to bring myself back to the realization that I needed some serious coin if I wanted to build an engine with titanium rods and a Crower Ultralightweight crank along with AFR 215cc raised runner heads (we're goin back to 1999.)

Point is just build an engine first, even a heads/cam swap, and then go from there. All that other weight loss stuff can come later. Cause let me tell you from experience, it all snowballs real quick and adds up to a lot of $$$.

Good luck.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

http://www.jic-magic.com/ViewProduct.aspx?ProductID=66

Damn, I think I just won.... Full titanium exhaust weighing in at 16 pounds. Wow.
Nice, but that's just a muffler. Not a full header-to-tail exhaust.

Bah hp/liter is ultimate ricer math. My bike has a .6L engine and makes over 120 flywheel. I win! .

The problem with rotary engines is not the HP, its the TQ. That being said, they LOVE turbos and spin crazy high RPMs. I'd take one anyday over a 4cyl.

I have a friend with a rotary swapped old school Datsun 210 turbo'd that runs in the 8's. Its a full on race car (lexan, tubbed, one seat, no carpet, etc), but still impressive.

PS: I'd love to get that super light LS1 chassis and swap the front clip from Catfish to Raccoon and throw my LT1 in it LMAO! I bet they'd flip out. Its under 2500# holy **** .
Old 09-28-2011, 10:33 PM
Launching!

Im sorry, but you are a dumb ***. You obviously have no ******* clue what your talking about. RX8's are slow quite sluggish. You have obviously never owned a turbo rx7 or know anyone who has. Why do you think 9 times out of 10 they swap an ls motor of some kind in. Rotary motor are absolute garbage IMO. You are what gives people the idea that all people from Ms are completely retarded, inbred, hicks. The smartest thing for you to do is just stop posting go read a few books, threads and learn a thing or two. And just stop acting like some typical 18-21 year old that thinks he knows everything.
For one, I posted actual facts. Those facts in turn pissed you off to the point of name calling. Don't insult me and call me ignorant. I'm not what "makes people from MS retarded, inbred, hicks." I am quite intelligent. I'm no MS redneck, retard. And anyone that thinks that they can determine a persons moral and intellectual value through a few board posts must be lacking in the brain department themselves.

And yes, I actually do know someone with a turbo rx7. And it is pretty slow. But thats outdated tech. Just like stock 305 3rd gens are pretty ****** slow. Old, shitty tech. And they swap ls motors into rx7's because they are good looking, light cars. Light car + big engine = low ETs. Duh. RX8s are different all together. Different car COMPLETELY. Why would you even compare the two? Different engines, different trannys, different weight, different interior, different EVERYTHING.

And I don't act like I know everything. Why the **** would I be on here asking questions if I wanted to pretend to know everything? But what I do know is that if something is a fact, and I state it, and it pisses someone off, then maybe they think they know everything? Thats my opinion. I don't know everything. I dont claim or pretend to. But when something is a god damned fact (like the power to weight ratio of a Mazda RX8) then you cant ******* argue with that. I didnt make that up. That is truth. So before you call me a know it all, learn something. It seems like you have trouble with reality. Like if something doesnt rub you the right way, you have to ignore it and say its not true. Thats a typical Mississippi hick for you though. I love my state but damnit we need to start screening people. You should at least have an IQ of 50 to be allowed to drive or breath regular air.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:41 PM
Launching!

Just has titanium at his disposal? Know i know your full of ****.
You know anything about aviation? Cause I work in aviation every day of my life. We work with titanium, tungsten, chromoly, and hell even uranium, all kinds of expensive metals that you could never imagine. I could take pictures of all the metals and parts that I get to play with on a daily basis. And I'm just a laborer in the field. My buddy actually builds and repairs parts. Some of which are made from titanium. SOME OF WHICH ARE MADE FROM TITANIUM TUBING. I could take pictures of titanium tubing at work tomorrow. Not that I would know how to make headers or bend tubing to make an exhaust. But he would. Still would be too expensive for my current budget though. You can call bull **** all you want, but until you know what someone really does, and what they are really about, you might as well wrap your mouth around something.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Puck
Nice, but that's just a muffler. Not a full header-to-tail exhaust.

Bah hp/liter is ultimate ricer math. My bike has a .6L engine and makes over 120 flywheel. I win! .

The problem with rotary engines is not the HP, its the TQ. That being said, they LOVE turbos and spin crazy high RPMs. I'd take one anyday over a 4cyl.

I have a friend with a rotary swapped old school Datsun 210 turbo'd that runs in the 8's. Its a full on race car (lexan, tubbed, one seat, no carpet, etc), but still impressive.

PS: I'd love to get that super light LS1 chassis and swap the front clip from Catfish to Raccoon and throw my LT1 in it LMAO! I bet they'd flip out. Its under 2500# holy **** .
I'm just happy that someone knows the potential of the rotary motors. RX8s completely stock spin to 9k. Add a turbo and LS1's must tremble in fear of the TITANIUM exhaust farting past them.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

:facepalm: Some people just can't learn.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Rob94hawk
I remember being once like you. Enthusiastic. Going crazy trying to find the most high tech parts on the planet to stuff into my LT1. Which isn't a bad thing, but I had to bring myself back to the realization that I needed some serious coin if I wanted to build an engine with titanium rods and a Crower Ultralightweight crank along with AFR 215cc raised runner heads (we're goin back to 1999.)

Point is just build an engine first, even a heads/cam swap, and then go from there. All that other weight loss stuff can come later. Cause let me tell you from experience, it all snowballs real quick and adds up to a lot of $$$.

Good luck.
I appreciate your comments man. Its so nice to see someone that is encouraging and positive. It seems most people are just on LS1TECH to flame people up and say that everyones ideas are stupid. And I know the cash adds up quick. It always does. Haha.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:58 PM
Launching!

:facepalm: Some people just can't learn.
Yes, and I feel sorry for those type of people. Education is always a good thing. Learing something every day is an important part of life. If you stop learning and stop educating yourself, you run the risk of becoming.... well what you are. HAHA. Go ahead. Facepalm again. Just grab a handfull of nails before you insert your face into your palm. It may wake you from your delusional world.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes, and I feel sorry for those type of people. Education is always a good thing. Learing something every day is an important part of life. If you stop learning and stop educating yourself, you run the risk of becoming.... well what you are. HAHA. Go ahead. Facepalm again. Just grab a handfull of nails before you insert your face into your palm. It may wake you from your delusional world.
What i am? Don't completely understand that one. Are you trying to say im uneducated? Both Ms college and University of Ms will prove you wrong. Why don't you go back to cutting off mufflers, making titanium headers, and putting on engine hour gauges.

Last edited by lethal bird; 09-28-2011 at 11:37 PM.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:56 PM
TECH Addict

i like all kinds of imports and domestics, but rotaries are a ******* joke. Whats the point of revving to the moon when youre still slow as ****? Reliability? Nah... Gas efficient? nope... Fast? lol... rx8s arent the only ones who like turbos either. Not saying they cant be made to go fast, but just about any car can be made to go fast. Id rather get a supra or evo IMO

Quick Reply: Weird Header Question....