LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Weird Header Question....

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 12:35 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lethal bird
What i am? Don't completely understand that one. Are you trying to say im uneducated? Both Ms college and University of Ms will prove you wrong. Why don't you go back to cutting off mufflers, making titanium headers, and putting on engine hour gauges.
Education and relevant use of education are two entirely different things. There are plenty of felons who have PHDs and Masters degrees. If you are so educated, then why do you argue with factual information? You really cant even call it arguing, because its more of you throwing a temper tantrum and calling people stupid. Any man who uses his intelligence and education to the fullest would know how to put together a valid arguement. Just because you go to college doesnt mean you are smart. But if that proves it to you, I got my first college degree when I was only 18 years old. Intelligence Operations. Working on a masters and maybe a PHD one day (preferebly in some field of physics. I particularly love Quantum Physics but work is hard to find in said field.). And I devote 2 hours of my day EVERYDAY to learning something new. Be it about engines or ancient druidic cultures (that was todays subject). It seems as though you take the stereotype of Mississippians and apply it to others when you dont want it to be applied to yourself. Just because I cut off mufflers and dream up crazy ideas doesn't make me ignorant. I like the sound of straight pipes. Is that directly tied to my intelligence? I like to have things that are unique and maybe even impractical. Does that tie directly to my intelligence. Einstein, Columbus, Lincoln, Roosevelt, Newton, Darwin. These are just a few names of people that dared to think differently than the rest of the pack in their day. Most of them were laughed at, mocked, ridiculed, attacked, and deemed strange or stupid for their ideas. Not saying I'm on par with any of them, but just a thought for you to let rattle in your head for a minute. Don't deem any idea dumb just because its against the flow or the norm.

These other guys have relevant arguments as to why they think something I've said or an idea I've relayed is not a good idea. Even if its an opinion, its still better than an insulting comment. Those hold no viable place in an argument or debate.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:41 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Zlow28
i like all kinds of imports and domestics, but rotaries are a ******* joke. Whats the point of revving to the moon when youre still slow as ****? Reliability? Nah... Gas efficient? nope... Fast? lol... rx8s arent the only ones who like turbos either. Not saying they cant be made to go fast, but just about any car can be made to go fast. Id rather get a supra or evo IMO
Oh I totally understand. Not everyone likes them. But you cant deny their handling and elegance. They arent that impressive in stock form. Kinda impressive, yeah. Buildable? Very. But I tend to like things that are outside the normal so a rotary is right up my lane. They are pretty reliable from my understanding, but having never owned one I couldn't vouch for that. But since Mazda is the only company that puts them in cars, idk if we will ever see a truly badass rotary motor in stock form.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I suppose the next obvious question is...why haven't you made a set of headers out of uranium yet?
Old 09-29-2011, 06:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With your attitude, you should of bought an S2000

Last edited by pillarpod; 09-29-2011 at 07:15 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:19 AM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Puck
Nice, but that's just a muffler. Not a full header-to-tail exhaust.

Bah hp/liter is ultimate ricer math. My bike has a .6L engine and makes over 120 flywheel. I win! .

The problem with rotary engines is not the HP, its the TQ. That being said, they LOVE turbos and spin crazy high RPMs. I'd take one anyday over a 4cyl.

I have a friend with a rotary swapped old school Datsun 210 turbo'd that runs in the 8's. Its a full on race car (lexan, tubbed, one seat, no carpet, etc), but still impressive.

PS: I'd love to get that super light LS1 chassis and swap the front clip from Catfish to Raccoon and throw my LT1 in it LMAO! I bet they'd flip out. Its under 2500# holy **** .
haha tell me about it immagine if me or you could toss our power plants in that car..........can you say bye bye joe o and hello new LT1 NA record?? lol

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
I suppose the next obvious question is...why haven't you made a set of headers out of uranium yet?

hmmm..........so heres my though process........

spend 3500 on titanium/uranium/kryptonite headers and save 15lbs...........or spend my 3500 in my cylinder heads and turn bottom tens...............hmmmmmmmm.....im going with the heads.......10.01 FTMFW!!! haha
Old 09-29-2011, 08:58 AM
Launching!

Uranium is EXTREMELY heavy, as is tungsten. And even the depleted uranium we work with is very volatile. You can hit it with a hammer and watch sparks shower 20+ feet away. And plus, I couldn't custom fabricate a damn tin can, much less a set of headers. I'll leave that to the pros. Like my buddy with the RX8. Haha.

And to all of you tech members, I'm truly sorry for this back and forth between me and my fellow Mississippian, but I can't allow my intelligence to be questioned on an internet forum by someone who doesn't know me or my life at all. All he knows is that I have straight pipes, a desire for things they may be impractically expensive, and an appreciation for Wankle rotary engines. Wow, lot of basis to judge a man's background from right there. Haha.

And pillarpod, I really don't understand your comment? How does my attitude dictate what kind of car I want? I love American muscle. But that doesn't mean "them damn bumblebee jap cars is stoopid". Relax. I am actually a pretty pleasant guy. I never have anything bad to say about anyone, unless you begin to question my intelligence or ignore cold hard facts. There is nothing worse in the world than someone who substitutes their opinion as fact. Because it leads to radical thought processes and condemnation of the unknown or misunderstood.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:02 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mississippi
Uranium is EXTREMELY heavy, as is tungsten. And even the depleted uranium we work with is very volatile. You can hit it with a hammer and watch sparks shower 20+ feet away. .
WTF!???!!?

should i call the government? lol
Old 09-29-2011, 09:25 AM
On The Tree

"It's raining cold hard facts in here"

This thread got out of hand
Old 09-29-2011, 09:40 AM
Launching!

Na, we are ok. Don't need any government. I work for them too anyways. Haha We are legal to screw with the uranium. Plus its depleted. No real eminent threat there. And you have to hit it to separate it from the wings once its unbolted. Tends to be stuck in there quite well.

Last edited by Mississippi; 09-29-2011 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 09-29-2011, 10:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I hope you realize how hard I am laughing right now.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:20 AM
9 Second Club

oh joe btw..........i upped my flux capaciator to 1.5million jigga watts i should def run that 9.90 now hahahahahaha
Old 09-29-2011, 11:43 AM
11 Second Club

Received 133 Likes on 104 Posts

X2....

I'll attach a rod to my car so when it gets struck by lightning it'll react with my D.U. Pistons and make my car's VTEC engage and fire lightning bolts out the ***..
Old 09-29-2011, 11:49 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mississippi
And to all of you tech members, I'm truly sorry for this back and forth between me and my fellow Mississippian, but I can't allow my intelligence to be questioned on an internet forum by someone who doesn't know me or my life at all. All he knows is that I have straight pipes, a desire for things they may be impractically expensive, and an appreciation for Wankle rotary engines. Wow, lot of basis to judge a man's background from right there. Haha.

And pillarpod, I really don't understand your comment? How does my attitude dictate what kind of car I want? I love American muscle. But that doesn't mean "them damn bumblebee jap cars is stoopid". Relax. I am actually a pretty pleasant guy. I never have anything bad to say about anyone, unless you begin to question my intelligence or ignore cold hard facts. There is nothing worse in the world than someone who substitutes their opinion as fact. Because it leads to radical thought processes and condemnation of the unknown or misunderstood.
Wow you dont get on the internet much..I guess the radiation from the D.U. has eaten up your skin..lmao..
Old 09-29-2011, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Im laughing just as hard as those three. Im done with this thread its full of fail anyway.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:55 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by the_merv
X2....

I'll attach a rod to my car so when it gets struck by lightning it'll react with my D.U. Pistons and make my car's VTEC engage and fire lightning bolts out the ***..
lmao!!!!! hahahahahah
Old 09-30-2011, 12:06 PM
TECH Addict

Just thought I'd remind the OP's "precious" RX-8 and it's teeny weeny 1.3L rotary motor is now DEAD because it was such a slow ***, torque-less dog that drinks oil and guzzles gas more than a 7.0L LS7 that nobody buys....

http://rumors.automobilemag.com/good...led-70143.html
Old 09-30-2011, 04:55 PM
Launching!

Well I'm glad you know about the rx8s gas mileage and oil consumption. Because my buddies gets 22 mph and consumes no oil. And it has 80k on the clock. Guess you believe everything you hear maybe? Don't forget though, f bodies were cancelled too. That make them a piece of ****? I think not. It's all about market and the market constantly changes.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:15 PM
TECH Addict

At least the 4th gens were competitive and relevant performance wise when canceled in 2002..And the Camaro is back outselling Mustangs for the first time in decades....Firebird just got shitted on when Pontiac went under You certainly cannot say that about a freaking Rx8; it was never competitive as a performance car, and 22 MPG is even more pathetic....my LS1 Firehawk does that with 322 HP to the wheels and about 3x the torque of the piddly 1.3. Oh, and the oil consumption is a known issue...go talk to any mazda rotary mechanic...if you can find one.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:43 PM
11 Second Club

Apex Seals..

That's all I have to say.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Merv speak OH SO MUCH truff!

Quick Reply: Weird Header Question....