LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

High Speed LT1 cruise

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 02:39 PM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by __Z__
Im surprised this thread hasnt been locked on a purely lawful stand point.

im kinda enjoying that part of it as im watching this go along.......some trolls around here also carry badges...........not to smart
Old 11-01-2011, 02:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anyway, @ssrrr- i partly agree with you. Theres a bunch of nice roads in the desert that are awesome to test your speed limits and what not. However, youve got to know which ones. Remember, these roads are in the middle of the desert, theyre not "prepped" and perfect like the pics magazines put out. Small earthquakes leave roads messed up with cracks, bumps, or potholes, etc..

To the OP, you should be more concerned about the road at those speeds than the car. Since youre from florida, and dont know where your driving, i wouldnt go that fast.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LTX
I love how some of you guys are being mature about this lol and im aure your ilder then me. My best friend has driven the autobahn numerous times with a different bmw when he lived in germany. I know my idea ia not the smartest but hey we all want to experience high speed cruise. If you disagree then your lieing. Haha either way im still gonna do the run in the desert lol. I dont intend to kill anyone or myself. Speed doesnt kill, its unexperience. I know im a young gun but I know my limitations. My car is very stable at 130 and tested it but I havent cruised at that speed. If I have a feeling of unconfortableness then ill slow it down haha. Rest my case. This to all the smartasses who think there funny with there imature jokes lol.
Originally Posted by LTX
Yeah hopefully that person is you
Originally Posted by LTX
lmao you must be as smart as the bird on your profile pic. Lets hope polly is writing your rude coments and not a human. If it was polly I would understand but if its a human then you must be 14 lol.

The way you show your IQ you must be 12 lolololololol
Old 11-01-2011, 03:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lt1slowz28
ltx, you have no room to talk... You live in an appartment with your mom, have a pretty ghetto camaro with a bra on it, and not to mention the iq of a gum wrapper.
waysa?
Old 11-01-2011, 03:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

because racecar
Old 11-01-2011, 05:19 PM
LTX
Launching!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

LTX, you have no room to talk... you live in an appartment with your mom, have a pretty ghetto camaro with a bra on it, and not to mention the IQ of a gum wrapper.
Oh **** you just fucked up with what you just said you slow *** lt1 nice to know you talk **** about yourself. I live in miami beach bitch a place you could never afford and I live with my roomate. partying my *** off life cant be any better lol Dumbass get a life and check yourself before you talk about someone else you punk. I bet yoy a skinny little crack head. Lmfao life is unfair sometimes.

Originally Posted by Lawhead
The way you show your IQ you must be 12 lolololololol
I know you guys judge people on how much they know about cars. Lol im young and learning respect that. There was a time when you were young dumb and full of ***. You guys have been building your cars like pros. So grow some ***** and give advice like a normal person. Lol law head? What are you a cop?
Old 11-01-2011, 05:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 11-01-2011, 05:29 PM
LTX
Launching!

And I had typos on this shitty *** htc, its not called retardedness lol. Ill make sure to post my run when im done
Old 11-01-2011, 05:36 PM
TECH Resident

LTX, I'm glad you think I am some skinny chump, but actually I am here in afghanistan biding my time till I can return home and am anything but your vision of me... and for the record I am pretty sure if you were living as lavishly as you try to pass it off you would not be driving a beat up LT1 and living with a room mate(read: mom).
Old 11-01-2011, 05:38 PM
LTX
Launching!

*** you actually waste your time to post dumb pics? I hope you get killed at the track. Lmao why did I just waste my time putting myself in your level? Now i see how I can be ignorant sometimes. Haha

LTX, I'm glad you think I am some skinny chump, but actually I am here in afghanistan biding my time till I can return home and am anything but your vision of me... and for the record I am pretty sure if you were living as lavishly as you try to pass it off you would not be driving a beat up LT1 and living with a room mate(read: mom).
I could care less if your in afghanistan. Wtf does that gave to do with anything. And I drive an LT1 because my mother was the first owner of the car, bought her new in 94 and still running strong she passed it on to me and Im keeping it forever. its an old car, but im in love with it. Why would I waste my money on a new bmw. Who cares. There too average here in miami. Plus I love muscle cars. You think you know someones life from the internet. You have nothing better to do then talk ****. And a roomate from when ok was in high school fool. Your so funny I bet you feel cool trying to rank on moms.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:14 PM
TECH Resident

I bet mom is proud of you, gotta be the only one... I sure as **** would have disowned you.

as of right now, you are the weakest link.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:19 PM
LTX
Launching!

I bet mom is proud of you, gotta be the only one... I sure as **** would have disowned you.

as of right now, you are the weakest link.
Ill see you at the LTX shootout next chump. Lol
Old 11-01-2011, 06:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LTX
I'll hold you to it! I am sure a bunch of us would like to put a face to the name.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:28 PM
LT1
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I know this thread heading towards a lock but before then id like to say from experience driving in Southern California there are lots of rattle snakes that cross 10 freeway (if your coming from that direction), dont want to hit one at those speeds! Also keep in mind people fall asleep on the wheel ive seen a few roll-over from it. At those speeds you will loose control if you had to do emergancy stop.

Last thing i want to say, CHP checks speed from the air not just ground radar.

Last edited by LT1; 11-01-2011 at 06:35 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:14 PM
Launching!

this is entertaining to say the least lol
Old 11-01-2011, 08:25 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LTX
I could care less if your in afghanistan. Wtf does that gave to do with anything. And I drive an LT1 because my mother was the first owner of the car, bought her new in 94 and still running strong she passed it on to me and Im keeping it forever. its an old car, but im in love with it. Why would I waste my money on a new bmw. Who cares. There too average here in miami. Plus I love muscle cars. You think you know someones life from the internet. You have nothing better to do then talk ****. And a roomate from when ok was in high school fool. Your so funny I bet you feel cool trying to rank on moms.
Originally Posted by LTX
I'll hold you to it! I am sure a bunch of us would like to put a face to the name.

but in all serious thank you for your service slowz, hat off to you sir
Old 11-01-2011, 11:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

are you serious... NVG'S are ******* worthless in a vehicle. I have had my fair share of using them... don't even go there.

how about we get a mod to just lock and hopefully delete this dumb *** thread.
What generation? If you can't answer that then you have no idea what you are talking about.

Have you ever driven with some Gen 3+/4 googles on? You can see forever with them. I can spot reflective paint on a cop car from crazy long range.

I don't have a good video of them out on the high way, but here is a short one from in town. Notice how dark it is when they get taken down at the end.

you can mute the sound, the radio was on in the car.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsTESrlCAK4
Old 11-02-2011, 07:19 AM
TECH Resident

your whole post is worthless and I am not even going to give the video the benefit of the doubt because I see a SHITLOAD of ambient light...

try this one out for size, pretty close to zero illume, you can only see as far as the light is provided for you, be it an IR flood, spot light/whatever. any extra ambient light is going to throw it off if you are in total darkness. Hard to describe but I think I would know being as I have used my fair share of NVG's and thermals.

now I really feel like I wasted my time because the OP is probably too stupid to even figure out any of this and will probably not even make it to cali with his hoopty.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

your whole post is worthless and I am not even going to give the video the benefit of the doubt because I see a SHITLOAD of ambient light...

try this one out for size, pretty close to zero illume, you can only see as far as the light is provided for you, be it an IR flood, spot light/whatever. any extra ambient light is going to throw it off if you are in total darkness. Hard to describe but I think I would know being as I have used my fair share of NVG's and thermals.
Originally Posted by noice
What generation? If you can't answer that then you have no idea what you are talking about.
Hmm so you can't answer the question? I could take a cruise on the highway and show you how good they work, but I won't until you can answer.

Also unless you lock yourself in a interior room in a house and tape all the cracks in the door there is light everywhere. Ambient starlight and moonlight are more than enough to light up the outside.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:11 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by noice
Hmm so you can't answer the question? I could take a cruise on the highway and show you how good they work, but I won't until you can answer.

Also unless you lock yourself in a interior room in a house and tape all the cracks in the door there is light everywhere. Ambient starlight and moonlight are more than enough to light up the outside.
come to afghanistan and spend a night in the hills, you will know what I mean when it is total darkness and your NVG's are useless beyond 100M...

NVG's they work great for what you are trying to demonstrate, and close up situations... but from very far away, let alone high speeds... NVG's are worthless. besides would you rather lose all depth perception and cut down field of view at 120+ or would you rather keep them for potential hazards you can see anyways.

now that this thread is completely off topic I would be more then happy to bring you along with me on my next mission.

Quick Reply: High Speed LT1 cruise