LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Mac or Dougs

Old 11-01-2011, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mac or Dougs

I have decided to do the hot cam kit at tax time in 3 months. I know some of u are going to question my choice but there it is. I am going to gasket match the intake manifold heads and exhaust, nothing major. I hear lloyd or Ai wont touch heads if u work on them yourself so I want to leave that option open. My question is do I go with the Mac Mid length for 450.00 or the Dougs shorties for 650.00? I know that the Mac's are worth about 25-30 horse at the wheels but i don't know anything about the Dougs other than the name is top notch...anybody running them? And are they worth the extra money? Thanks
Old 11-01-2011, 09:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had Mac mids and they were awesome. Fit really nice and had great access to spark plugs. Only reason I pulled them was for longtubes. They are for sale if interested. Also any reason why you don't want longtubes?
Old 11-01-2011, 10:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you will not be running longtubes for whatever reason, Mac mids would be my first choice.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Puck
If you will not be running longtubes for whatever reason, Mac mids would be my first choice.
Agreed. Mac mids are really nice headers. I had them on my car for 2 years and there currently on my friends car for about a year. There showing very little signs of rust and thats it
Old 11-02-2011, 12:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

K thanks for the input, my car is lowered 2.5 inches with the eibach springs to low for long tubes. I have heard alot of good things about Mac's. But my problem is two years ago I tried to order some, put in the order they had none to ship...so i called every week for 3 MONTHS. My money 700 bucks was tied up while i was waiting. They kept telling me they didn't have a date for me and it would be soon. They really pissed me off and i cancelled the order. I ended up using the money on bills, i really wanted those headers. I couldn't find them anywhere else. Are those headers for a 93 posksoda? My AIR and EGR are in a different place and how much u want. Nobody has an opinion on the Doug's headers? Is anyone runnin them?
Old 11-02-2011, 01:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FAD2BLK93
K thanks for the input, my car is lowered 2.5 inches with the eibach springs to low for long tubes. I have heard alot of good things about Mac's. But my problem is two years ago I tried to order some, put in the order they had none to ship...so i called every week for 3 MONTHS. My money 700 bucks was tied up while i was waiting. They kept telling me they didn't have a date for me and it would be soon. They really pissed me off and i cancelled the order. I ended up using the money on bills, i really wanted those headers. I couldn't find them anywhere else. Are those headers for a 93 posksoda? My AIR and EGR are in a different place and how much u want. Nobody has an opinion on the Doug's headers? Is anyone runnin them?
If you want the car to be gangster and lowered, etc then why bother putting go fast parts on it?

If you want it to go fast, put it back at a normal stance so you can run long tubes and actually hook decent...
Old 11-02-2011, 10:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gregrob
If you want the car to be gangster and lowered, etc then why bother putting go fast parts on it?

If you want it to go fast, put it back at a normal stance so you can run long tubes and actually hook decent...
There's no reason why you can't make a lowered car hook...just need control arms, LCA brackets on the lowest setting, adjustable panhard bar. Mine is only dropped 1.5 inches with the Eibach pro kit however, I'm guessing the OP must have the sportline springs. I also went with mid tubes for clearance reasons...the pacesetter mid-tubes work great FYI. The lowered car hooks better than my 99 Firehawk with stock level 2 SLP suspension....it also has better ground clearance than the LS1 Firehawk with longtubes. Because the longtubes hang so low, lowering is not an option on the Firehawk...which is the most fun mod for the $$ (IMO) and gets rid of that ugly *** wheel gap in the fenders
Old 11-02-2011, 10:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

I will second the wheel gap...absolutely terrible! I do have the sportline kit from eibach. I would think the minimal extra horse between the mid length and long tubes i will take the stance and mid lengths. I have no problem with traction at all with 11" of tread at the rear, my car hooks that's for sure.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Launching!

I had Mac mids and I thought they were nice...I took them off and put on pacesetter lts when I built my motor.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:52 AM
Village Troll

Received 517 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by ahritchie
There's no reason why you can't make a lowered car hook...
Yar!
Old 11-02-2011, 10:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

I ran Mac s for 3the years before I switched to LT. They fit perfect and sounded great
Old 11-02-2011, 04:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The fit on my 94. As for the AIR and EGR system I don't know because I didn't know it was different on the 93s. Just delete them and throw it away.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

The 93 the connections on both sides are in the front. How much? Are they ceramic coated?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mac or Dougs