LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Ltx Shootout announcement !!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 12:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike I called you and left you a voicemail...
Old 11-16-2011, 04:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

KCIR is NOT dead yet and several are working on options to keep it open and build a better track to replace it. This is a very sensitive subject to KC racers due to the way it's been going down (shady big city politics mixed with a few "well off" locals).

That being said I have no complaints with BG, the track and hotel are now familar with the event. That seems like it would be one less hassle for someone when it comes to planning future events. I think Gateway wanted too much $ when it was looked into but who knows what the new management will want.

I think we should first make sure we have a dedicated person/ staff to organize the event before we argue about where it'll be! I WILL attend where ever it is and I'd love to step up and plan it but I just don't have the time. I do have time to assist with whatever we need to make it happen. I'm sure it's an overwhelming task to manage tons of emails, the Paypal account balance, and funding/ promotion for the event. Especially when it's a smaller event where several people want the rules changed to apply to their car.

My hats off to Tony and Kyle for making it possible for the last 4 years and we're all lucky they dedicated their time to make it happen so we could meet every year.
THANK YOU.

I'll support who ever steps up, however I can, to make this happen in 2012.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike,
I will donate another 1k and can get the trophies taken care of.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

why cant holley pick up the ltx event, and add it to the lsx shoot out at bowling green.it would be a big GM family gathering.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I have a job this winter and can make some $$$ I'll have no problem donating. Idk about $1k but maybe $500 or so.

If someone can come up with a letterhead here is Holley's Address: 1801 Russellville Rd., Bowling Green, KY 42101

People that may be contacted regarding the sponsorship may be found here http://investing.businessweek.com/re...rivcapId=29493

It lists the CFO, COO, Chairman of the Board/CEO/President (He's the man!), and VP's

Hope this helps some.

Last edited by am_muscl; 11-16-2011 at 07:18 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by fuel
why cant holley pick up the ltx event, and add it to the lsx shoot out at bowling green.it would be a big GM family gathering.
Holley is the parent company to several other companies which make TONS of stuff for the LS platform. The series is one big advertisement for them. How many Holley products do you have on your LT1 car? How many Holley products do they make for an LT1? Not too much stuff. To the rest of the world the LT platform is dead. Anyway, I honestly don't know how much room they would have in their schedule to fit a few LTx classes at the race track on the same day as the LSx classes.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by joelster
Holley is the parent company to several other companies which make TONS of stuff for the LS platform. The series is one big advertisement for them. How many Holley products do you have on your LT1 car? How many Holley products do they make for an LT1? Not too much stuff. To the rest of the world the LT platform is dead. Anyway, I honestly don't know how much room they would have in their schedule to fit a few LTx classes at the race track on the same day as the LSx classes.
i agree. I am also okay with having it at beach bend. If we can get the money together by a few of us donating it. We will be good to go. I think the rest will be just a little leg work on the phone. Which i will be more then willing to do. Lets keep it where it is. Its been there since the beginning. This event will happen.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by draggin97s10
dont talk about **** you dont know what your talking about. Not trying to be a dick but nothing has happend yet and it isnt going too. K.Kemper can s a d. Im in keeping the track. The sig hasnt gone through nor the purchase transaction. please please dont say **** like this

edit: sorry sensitive subject
Calm down, Im just saying what I read on their local news' site. Fox Ch 4 I think it was?

ANYWAY, I hope we can keep this Shootout going. I would also be willing to $$ support this cause also.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hope this stays alive. Sucks because of my budget that I cannot make the trip to BG. A great alternative would be atco or MIR. Both are VERY fast tracks and they dont rob you as far as pricing goes...
Old 11-16-2011, 10:30 PM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CamaroRacing12
Mike I called you and left you a voicemail...
just got it sorry tony i was on the road for work.......ill call you tomorrow.........ill be damned to let the shootout go away.........with the group we have in this community we can make it happen and make it grow even bigger than ever.....i know it......
Old 11-16-2011, 10:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by flyinZ
Calm down, Im just saying what I read on their local news' site. Fox Ch 4 I think it was?

ANYWAY, I hope we can keep this Shootout going. I would also be willing to $$ support this cause also.
i apologize i just hate the false impressions. The big money in the city is the kaffmens, people that own the baseball stadium. Kristen K. Lives on the hill by the race track. Moved there knowing about it..duhh. That bitch has her hands in all the city counselmen's and womens (cindy circo) leading the way. Its a joke. Anyway... sorry again. Just dont need anymore false impressions. Ill be there this year to give you some beers to make up for it. Anywho.....we will all pull together and get her going.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:59 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by quik95lt1
just got it sorry tony i was on the road for work.......ill call you tomorrow.........ill be damned to let the shootout go away.........with the group we have in this community we can make it happen and make it grow even bigger than ever.....i know it......
Mike, and Tony (Camaroracing12) I've been thinkin since I posted above, let me know if you guys are workin on something I'll do whatever I can to make it happen again in 2012. PMing Tony S. now.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I've been posting about this on LTxTech, so for those that aren't on there, I'm definitely helping out as well. A lot of us are trying to figure out the logistics of just gathering all the base info. As for discussion for where it's to be held, I say just keep it at BG. No track change.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:02 AM
10 Second Club

^^ Agreed the track staff and hotel are familar with us and the event so that would be one less hassle for us with making reservations.

We should continue/ move the conversation on this thread to the one on ltx tech. I saw this one and then noticed I was 4 pages behind with a completly different group of people over there. Since ltx tech is the go to place for shootout info I think we should move this topic there JMO. Not to mention after reading the posts in both threads the ltx one seems to have a better more productive attitude!

http://ltxtech.com/forums/showthread...-ANNOUNCEMENT-!!!

Last edited by 96LT1355Z28; 11-17-2011 at 06:36 AM.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:35 AM
9 Second Club

i agree with all you guys.............keep it in BG and keep it at the holiday inn........they are all familiar and so are all of us with the area now..........lets make this happen......i know with all of our efforts we can make this something that will grow vastly in the future ill talk with tony Q and some others........ill do whatever i can to help/take over

Last edited by quik95lt1; 11-17-2011 at 07:40 AM.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I was actually going to contact Hot Rod about our LTx event for the next year before I knew about this, If someone does get it going I will contact them to see if they would like to come out and be part of it, maybe even do a clip on their show. They have clips of small tracks, like that one farmer in Tennessee, so why not our event, especially running from a stock car up to 8sec beast like Tony S..
Old 11-17-2011, 08:11 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by moehorsepower
I was actually going to contact Hot Rod about our LTx event for the next year before I knew about this, If someone does get it going I will contact them to see if they would like to come out and be part of it, maybe even do a clip on their show. They have clips of small tracks, like that one farmer in Tennessee, so why not our event, especially running from a stock car up to 8sec beast like Tony S..
agreed we all get faster and faster every year.......we had some impressive cars out there last year for 23* head platforms.......i know we can all make this happen big this year!!
Old 11-17-2011, 09:03 PM
10 Second Club

Wow just seen this now. Tony & Kyle I totally understand and respect your decision. It has been a good run and I hope it's not over but I would personally like to thank you and Kyle for the three great years I was able to attend and it was a pleasure meeting you both.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:20 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by joelster
How many Holley products do you have on your LT1 car? How many Holley products do they make for an LT1? Not too much stuff. To the rest of the world the LT platform is dead.
Throttle body and fuel pump. They still make them for the LT1 as far as I know. It never hurts to ask and never assume they wouldn't sponsor because their market share in LTx platform is relatively small.

Quick Reply: Ltx Shootout announcement !!!