LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Enough to make you mad

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 12:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

I see where you are going with that, but no, its the same color. Just depends on what Me or someone else feels like saying. (its full name is actually medium patriot red metallic). Youll hear it called patriot red, medium patriot red, and patriot red metallic.

defailtexistance - no, they couldve saved alot of time and money and a repaint if they asked for it. They said give us the vin number and we can figure it out from here. I didnt even know a WA-XXXX was required untill all this happened. I was under the impression code 71 wouldve told them all they needed.

This wasnt my fault, everything matches up on my car. If they cant get it from the vin number, they need to do something befor they mix paint.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:57 PM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by trilkb
I wouldnt be here right now, this thread wouldnt be here, if all they did was paint it patriot red like i asked.
Most likely wouldn't be here if you had just taken the car to them like they initially requested. Good luck.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SS RRR
Most likely wouldn't be here if you had just taken the car to them like they initially requested. Good luck.
Amen
Old 11-27-2011, 04:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

OP I don't know why you can't comprehend what I said, but again. You should have taken them the car. No good shop would do it without specifically color matching it to YOUR car, not a generic paint code.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:51 PM
TECH Addict

gregrob, Were just on different brain waves about the subject lol.

I understand what youve said in your replys, i know what youre talking about. I just wasnt looking for the same results someone else would be lol. Thats why i said "call me crazy but im ok with it not matching 100%", however im not ok with a hood painted an entirely different color.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trilkb
gregrob, Were just on different brain waves about the subject lol.

I understand what youve said in your replys, i know what youre talking about. I just wasnt looking for the same results someone else would be lol. Thats why i said "call me crazy but im ok with it not matching 100%", however im not ok with a hood painted an entirely different color.
I think the same way as you man. I would have did the same thing.

Hopefully you can get it fixed asap and just get past this.

Its hard for some people to understand not having the best of everything.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:24 PM
TECH Addict

Glad thats over with....I didnt have to pay any extra either. They werent to happy about that, but neither was I with what had happened. Been stressing me out. Need to take a cutting tool to the hinge holes to bring it down farther so it meets the headlights and front bumper better. Other then that, cant wait to get some black bird stripes for it and my black TTM wheels on. Also need to get the grills put in. It matches great with the rest of the car paint wise. Not as cool as a white or black WS6, but hey.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Looks great man! Glad you got it panned out, what transpired?
Old 12-04-2011, 09:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks great in that color
Old 12-04-2011, 09:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

Looks awesome! Glad it got worked out.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Funny how wrong seemingly knowledgeable resources, such as "the camaro source" or chevy-camaro.com which has been around for so long can be so wrong. I tried looked up my paint code as if I didn't already know it on the internet and it told me my code was 18. All of those codes are so wrong, I don't even know where they got them, my code is 9795 (they don't need the WA, just the number), all GM codes should be similar 4 digit numbers.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:44 AM
TECH Addict

When i went back to get it someone who helped me the day everything hit the ******* recognized me. I took pictures of my RPO codes and WA-9913 numbers , along with a print out from that site, and took them in as back up ammo, which worked very well.

the owner then ASKED me if i CARE to put any money towards the repaint.....you can guess what i said, the same thing anyone would say.

I dont like how it turned out, it shouldve been correct the first time if they said they could get the code from the vin, especially since the car is factory color. This isnt how i normally do things, i dont go out to screw people over. I wouldve done anything for them but bring the car in, and i told them that in my first email to them which included my VIN number.

If the car was a different color from the factory, this would be my fault.

Last edited by trilkb; 12-04-2011 at 11:51 AM.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Car looks good. On the plus side it didn't run you anything for their error even if it was inconvenient. I honestly can't abide by the whole bring the car issue when you did offer a part to color match. Hey the internet though!

Quick Reply: Enough to make you mad