LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LTX SHOOTOUT Magazine Coverage in this months GMHTP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 03:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

Nice! Hope there's one this year.

Do you guys have a link to all the types of each class for the shootout?
Old 12-02-2011, 04:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Just got mine in the mail yesterday. Congrats to everyone! Just a thought but how hard would it be to set up live feed for this event next year? I watch races on Yellowbullet all the time on the net. It would be cool to try it for this but I don't know what it takes to do it.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob94hawk
Nice! Hope there's one this year.

Do you guys have a link to all the types of each class for the shootout?
http://www.ltxshootout.com/classes/
Old 12-02-2011, 05:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by transbird95
Just got mine in the mail yesterday. Congrats to everyone! Just a thought but how hard would it be to set up live feed for this event next year? I watch races on Yellowbullet all the time on the net. It would be cool to try it for this but I don't know what it takes to do it.
i was thinking the same thing just the other day. i know its not cheap to do the multiple cameras and live up link. if there's interest i can pm mark walters over on yb and see what the avg cost would be.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGCAT7274
Much appreciated! I guess I meet the requirements for LTX Extreme Street N/A.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Teching In

At first I was happy to see a photo of my car in the article along with it saying how I took home the Golden Opti.

It makes you feel good getting the win especially with all the issues I went through getting to the event.

In a nut shell: Worked till 2am then got off and drove with no sleep from Mishawaka Indiana to Kentucky, got a speeding ticket, wheel bearing on truck broke and I had to replace it right off the side of the highway while being 45 min away from the event. Still made it to the event at the last minute with all these issues and no sleep running on pure adrenaline and still won the Extreme Street Power Adder class. It was very exciting and once again thanks to my family and friends for helping!

HOWEVER, what gets me is that I had a great time racing top notch competitors on one of the hottest days of the year and NO Disrespect at all to my Runner up opponent but the guy who wrote the GMHTP LTX Shootout article needs to get his facts straight.

We had a clean final race which you can see on the video on youtube. It was also posted and talked about here on LS1 Tech and there was NO "aborted" final run by the runner up as the editor incorrectly wrote in his article.

Again I want to stress no disrespect to my opponent but I'm sure you fellow racers can understand how I feel.

Thanks, as I had to get this off my chest!
Old 12-02-2011, 08:07 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LT1TONY_
At first I was happy to see a photo of my car in the article along with it saying how I took home the Golden Opti.

It makes you feel good getting the win especially with all the issues I went through getting to the event.

HOWEVER, what gets me is that I had a great time racing top notch competitors on one of the hottest days of the year and NO Disrespect at all to my Runner up opponent but the guy who wrote the GMHTP LTX Shootout article needs to get his facts straight.

We had a clean final race which you can see on the video on youtube. It was also posted and talked about here on LS1 Tech and there was NO "aborted" final run by the runner up as the editor incorrectly wrote in his article.

Again I want to stress no disrespect to my opponent but I'm sure you fellow racers can understand how I feel.

Thanks, as I had to get this off my chest!
Tony I understand your frustration but please remember Justin Cesler not only had to be the photographer for the event, he had to take notes and rely on memory to write the article. I think he did a fantastic job as always on the article. There is always small mistakes made in media. It is too much stuff to remember with that many rounds of racing. In all of the articles and features I have been in, almost all of them have had small mistakes. Thats just part of it. We are very fortunate that GMHTP is there every year and I hope they will continue the support.

Congrats to you and everyone else that made it into the mag!
Old 12-02-2011, 08:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Just to clarify, this magazine IS ON NEWSTANDS right now, not Dec 6th. I bought it at a local supermarket. It has a nasty red 4th gen LSx car lookign straight ahead.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:19 PM
10 Second Club

There was a mistake on the write up on my car also, but it's all good I'm glad I made it in again.

Thanks Justin & GM HighTech
Old 12-03-2011, 08:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by joelster
Just to clarify, this magazine IS ON NEWSTANDS right now, not Dec 6th. I bought it at a local supermarket. It has a nasty red 4th gen LSx car lookign straight ahead.
Thanks Joelster, I will be on the lookout because I called Barnes & Nobel where I usually get the mag, and they said it would not be on the newsstand until the 6th..
Old 12-03-2011, 03:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joelster
There's a red Firebird in the background of the shot with the green 3rd gen. It's either you or the guy without the ram air hood.
I cant tell who it is. I give up on getting in the mag.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by AChotrod
I cant tell who it is. I give up on getting in the mag.
Just loosen the front suspenion, and spray the Sh** out of it out the hole long as the track is hooking ill bet you get into the mag. next year!!!lol
Old 12-04-2011, 05:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Tony Shepherd
Tony I understand your frustration but please remember Justin Cesler not only had to be the photographer for the event, he had to take notes and rely on memory to write the article. I think he did a fantastic job as always on the article. There is always small mistakes made in media. It is too much stuff to remember with that many rounds of racing. In all of the articles and features I have been in, almost all of them have had small mistakes. Thats just part of it. We are very fortunate that GMHTP is there every year and I hope they will continue the support.

Congrats to you and everyone else that made it into the mag!
I guess that makes alittle more since, Me and Tony had a conversation about the article. And noticed it did seem like the details of the event were slighly inaccurate.But i wasnt a wear that Justin was the only guy doing all of the coverage,(I MYSELF WAS VERY BUSY) threw out the event. With that being said i think its great what GMHTP does for us lt1 guys and hopefully they can get Justin some more help next year.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Justin could always ask some of us to help. Especially if he needs details on a particular car or whatever. There's no way he can shoot pics and know what is going on with everyone there.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sweet! My SS (well former SS) made it in the magazine!!
Old 12-04-2011, 09:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Truely awesome as always! i wish it was easier for me to make it! im just happy one of my opti covers is there
Old 12-05-2011, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by LT1TONY_

Hey Tony, Nice to se your car in GM HItech again. Just wanted to let you know I can feel your frustration with that article. In my opinion one of the hardest way to win is by the car in the other lane breaking or oborting its pass. It just makes the win feel wortheless. From a spectator stand point it's also the worste kind of racing to watch. That final round between you and that green third gen was some of the best Damn side by side racing I have seen in a long time. Two cars very well matched up. I congradulate you on doing a phenominal job of rowing through that 6 speed all day!!! The whole crew with that third gen were true competitors. They were great sportsman, and it was nice that they took time to talk us after the finals. They were a great group of guys in my opinion with one hellava car that ran the numbers all day!

However it is a complete shame that the article is inacurate of what took place at the event!! Along with so many other stated errors. GM HItech is one of my most favorite magazines & and it disgusts me when I see things wrote about events that are not true and accurate. I hope the guy that wrote this article understands the amount of dedication a racer takes to attend these events. When inaccurate words are wrote about something someone is very passionate about it feels like a slap in the face. There is an enormous amount of work from people to put a great event like this together. People do it for th passion of racing. I can aprecciate tha fact that some one is multi tasking, taking photos and writing the articles, but in my opnion doing your job inaccurately as a reporter is completley disrespectfull to everyone. Hopefully he learns from this mistake. His photos were awesome and its great that he attended the event. I understand everyone has a bad day, I just hope his next articles have more effort put into the acuracy the article he creates. This will go along way in making GM HItech continue to be one of the best magazines for Gm fuel injected cars.

Originally Posted by kline454
I guess that makes alittle more since, Me and Tony had a conversation about the article. And noticed it did seem like the details of the event were slighly inaccurate.But i wasnt a wear that Justin was the only guy doing all of the coverage,(I MYSELF WAS VERY BUSY) threw out the event. With that being said i think its great what GMHTP does for us lt1 guys and hopefully they can get Justin some more help next year.
Very well said.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

For Justin even to be out there, Rush to take pics of the selected cars, class by class and then to try and get as much info on each is an accomplishment. I don't even know who he spoke to about me and my car but he got it right. I would rather see my car in the mag with a simple mistake than not having it in at all. We should keep all comments on a positive note even though there were some mistakes. Great coverage but I have a 350 instead of a 383 ect. Heck if I did what Justin did, then read negative comments, I would just say, Well F@#! it, I just wont cover the shootout any more..I say Great Job Justin and we all appreciate the hard work you did to let the racing enthusiast know about our LT1's and the shoot out, This may attract more attendance and competitors in the future...
Old 12-05-2011, 11:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Guys we need to remember that every one is trying to get more done with less manpower. I understand the frustration of it not being 100% accurate. We all spend a lot of time and money on our rides. But keep in mind with the economy being the ******* we are doing good to get any press at all. Maybe we can get a helper for him at the next race.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Mentioning the event "had a low turn-out again this year" will just further discourage people from attending IMO.

Quick Reply: LTX SHOOTOUT Magazine Coverage in this months GMHTP!