Old 01-02-2012, 08:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so

ok so thows are realy worked over heads that are stock gm lt1 heads cool
Old 01-02-2012, 11:13 PM
On The Tree

Here's my experience! I've had a 95 TA for almost three years. It's been in my shop in pieces for almost two years. I don't wanna say its on the back burner but after taking a huge pay cut its not top priority right now. Although all I lack I just a few minor things. I spun a couple rod berrings and decided I'd do a 383 with the comp cam 306 and all supporting mods to get the most out of my set up. The only thing I haven't done is the machine work on the heads and block. Everything else was all up to me. Just remember that if you start doing this that google and knowledge of what your problem is is your best friend. Im not expecting outstanding numbers or even decent mpg this is just the route I decided to go. I would estemate my parts and machine work 6500-7500$. Thats including Trans build and stall. I would love for my TA to be done, an god knows I wanna drive it BAD! But I decided to go one route an have managed not to stray but it's gotten expensive.

IMO if your looking for a fun car to drive just rebuild the stock motor maybe do a cam swap with bolt ons. I loved diving mine an sometimes regret goin to path I did, but I know it will all be worth it to start it up an hear this.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHF80...e_gdata_player
Old 01-03-2012, 02:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much $$$ your dad helping you out with on this build? A good 383 build is a long and expensive project....I'm still finishing up mine 9 months later after getting started and it will nickel and dime you to death. It definitely takes a lot of patience, planning, and most importantly CASH! Expect to spend 5-6K minimum and several months. If you want a quicker, cheaper way to hit 11's just get a baby cam and some good ported heads....done. It's even possible to hit mid 11's with JUST a baby cam and bolt ons with the right tire/suspension/stall.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:33 PM
On The Tree

Default its dads

lol ints not my car its my dads hes got the oney to do it know he dont want to make it a race car but something ppl will think 2s about trying i say low 12s to mid 11s would be a nice street car around here any thing faster just teands to get crasy like my supra lol

Quick Reply: lt1 383 ?s