LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

383 lt1 ( 11.5:1)able to boost safely?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 08:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nicksevo
Why the laugh? I like the ls platform better but the lt for the price is pritty good deal
I just found it amusing you wrote a small novel about boosting a LT1 in the LT1 tech section; then immediately jumped ship to the LS platform, classic!

I have no hate for the LS; I have one too and it kicks ***! My LT1 car gets all the speed goodies though, and it sounds way better. I have seen the article about making a 594HP junkyard turbo for a little over 3K...but who knows what you're getting or how long it will last...the hp per dollar is undeniable though:
http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/e...2/viewall.html
Old 01-04-2012, 10:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I habe not hate for either platform but just I can get a already built and forged car for a descent price ...cheaper than I can build it for. And the lt1 car was a descent price which is what drew me to i t and also being already forged made it that much better. I want to buy a already built car because its that much cheaper than me building it or having it built. Both are classic chevy motors and no hate either way there are just not any lt1 turbo cars I can find for sale...I am also on ls1 tech which probably doesent help me find them..that's what I ment by just get a turbo ls1.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Buy mine! Yarrrrrr.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nicksevo
I habe not hate for either platform but just I can get a already built and forged car for a descent price ...cheaper than I can build it for. And the lt1 car was a descent price which is what drew me to i t and also being already forged made it that much better. I want to buy a already built car because its that much cheaper than me building it or having it built. Both are classic chevy motors and no hate either way there are just not any lt1 turbo cars I can find for sale...I am also on ls1 tech which probably doesent help me find them..that's what I ment by just get a turbo ls1.
That's because most people have abandoned the LT1 platform years ago for high end FI builds unless they are a certifiable LT1 nut that has owned the car for years and has no intentions of selling it for a HUGE loss...it's just too easy/cheap to make big HP with a LS turbo setup for the same or less money. Good luck on buying someone else's heavily modded car...could be a bargain...could be basketcase full of hidden issues.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:37 PM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

you can get away with it with a GOOD fuel as stated previously.......meth should be a solution for the street for you.........and im not talking 100 octane junk with the kind of cylidner pressures you could see 110+ will be a must

also as for the LS LT argument thing it will go on for ever...........fact is it is MUCH easier to make power with an LS "platform" howerver a LT or GenI built with the right components will run door to door with an LS motor......LS motors are easier to tune and are less succeptable to big power changes due to small variances in tuning.....with the proper knowledge and reasearch a "old" platform can run just as good

im just waiting for the day i get a customer that wants to do a real "big boy" LS NA build........

Last edited by quik95lt1; 01-04-2012 at 01:44 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah definatly not knocking either motor both very easy to turn power up. But its just easier for me to find a full built ls1 already done.

Quick Reply: 383 lt1 ( 11.5:1)able to boost safely?