LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

My EFI 24x Harness Repin Thread Underway...

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Default My EFI 24x Harness Repin Thread Underway...

Finally getting to working on my EFI 24x swap after i just purchased a pair of same year donor 1994 engine harness's as my car is in storage and i have time to build one and clean it up over the winter. Ones a mint A4 and the other is a mangled M6 but it was thrown in with the deal so i couldnt refuse it. Im going to have to pull out all the auto trans wiring and make way for the T56 wiring which was all in tact from the other harness luckily. The kit i purchased was used and came with an already built DIY harness that was in a running car and was parted due to TPS issue that couldnt get resolved among other things. He aborted the build and CUT the harness out of the car! I tried going through it and seeing if i could some how save it but there was too much wrong and already cost me alot of time after deciding to just say screw and start fresh with the newer harness's i picked up.

Repinning the harness wasnt too bad if you had the EFI LT to LS PCM Pinout along with the complete pinouts from each pcm to know whats used and whats not and pulling it out safely. Its really intimidating at first seeing all the wires but once you start working through it only becomes easier and less intimidating as you become more familiar with it and seeing what everything does. I started with the RED Lt1 connector and it felt amazing to finally get through it and toss it! Wew finally got through the RED BLUE BLACK and CLEAR connectors. It was a little tricky to keep track of AIR, EGR, and the EVAP stuff as the EFI charts do not include them but having the pinout charts came out really handy. Now that ive finished the connectors it was time to move onto adding in the Cam, Crank, and Coil Harness's. I got everything wired in so far but it was time to take a break. All i have left to do is break down the harness and add in the T56 pigtails, Cam Sensor, Crank Sensor, and Coil harness's to the rest of the harness. Hoping there isnt anything left over that i have to figure out what to do with. Also have to find a source to power up the coils and then ground them off to block with the O2 Sensor grounds. The end is near!

All of what i labelled to the side is the Auto Trans stuff, AC, and Traction Control.

Here's the DIY harness that was all cut up!

New A4 Harness just picked up.

One Connector Down!

All Connectors Done!

Cam Sensor, Crank Sensor, Coil Harness's, and T56 Pigtails Added

Pics of the Added Sensors
Old 01-02-2012, 04:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome work brotha.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks man your thread was a big help trying to figure what was needed and what wasnt so big props to you!

Emissions Stuff:

Air Pump Relay Control - Red 14 to Red 4
EGR Vacuum Control Signal Solenoid Valve Control (RED 9) - RED 45 Evap Canister Vent Solenoid Control?
EVAP Canister Purge Solenoid Valve Control (BLUE 10) - RED 34 EVAP Canister Purge Solenoid Control?

Cam Sensor Wiring:

Red Wire - RED 39
Pink Wire - BLUE 61
Brown Wire - BLUE 73

Crank Sensor Wiring:

Light Green - BLUE 2
Blue -BLUE 12
Yellow - BLUE 21

Coil Harness Bank 1:

Green - RED 68
Red - RED 29
Black - Ground
Pink - Power
Purple - RED 26
Blue - RED 67
Brown - RED 60

Coil Harness Bank 2:

Green/White - RED 27
Red/White - RED 69
Black - Ground
Pink - Power
Purple/White - RED 66
Blue/White - RED 28
Brown - RED 61

So far what im left after going through the harness is:

Red 12 - EBTCM TP Sensor
Blue 20 - Output/Field Service Enable
Blue 30 - Serial Data
Black 2 - Low Resolution Signal (Cam Sensor Replaced)
Black 3 - Distributor Reference Low Signal (Deleted... Not using Opti Harness)
Black 5 - Ignition Control
Black 14 - Distributor Ignition Feed (Cam Sensor Replaced)
Black 20 - High Resolution Signal (Cam Sensor Replaced)

What should i do with the left overs above and the lt1 RED 9 EGR to go into the ls1 pcm block?

Last edited by 95mysticta; 01-03-2012 at 06:10 AM.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Blue 30 Serial Data goes to Blue 58. This is the case if you are coming from an OBDI car with a tan wire. An OBDII car would have a purple wire blue 7. In this case if you are making doing this into a OBDI going to an OBDII port connector you will tap your tan wire into the purple wire in the port to communicate with the pcm.

Still left with Red 9, Blue 20, and Black 5 (Pretty sure is not needed)
Old 01-04-2012, 03:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Using the stock PINK lt1 ignition coil wire from C100 to power up my coils which is a fused 12v ignition source in Blue 19.

Last edited by 95mysticta; 01-04-2012 at 09:17 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Black 5 is now deleted as its from the lt1 coil connector

Still trying to find out whats the deal with Red 9 and Blue 20

Last edited by 95mysticta; 01-04-2012 at 09:18 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

If thats egr and outfield service you can cut them.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah i actually ment Red 12 not 9 my bad. It and Blue 20 can be deleted.

Now that all of my unused wires can are accounted for i can i proceed to finish the harness up and call it day.

Thanks everyone for the help!
Old 01-08-2012, 04:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well after another hour or two of fitting everything back into the harness and cleaning it up im finally done! It was a long grueling process but i did learn alot so ill take it as it comes but i hope i dont set the precident and have to start making harness's for other members cars lol :roll: Just as long as everything works fingers crossed but i have it wired exactly as it should and feel very confident with the job i did on it. I have kept the auto trans portion and a/c left wiring in the harness incase i go back to it. All of the pins are tied off into the extra plastic loom. I dont know why im keeping it but i had a gut feeling i should keep in any case i wanted to go back to auto or put a/c back in the car. If i part the engine or car it will be very easy to use with another car if it has any of these parts. Time will tell as ill have to wait and see how Lethabirds startup goes lol. Ill have to wait untill spring when i pull my car out of storage to start the rest of the build up.

Old 01-08-2012, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks good bud but I would have waited until it was laid out and connected before I taped and loomed it back up.

Quick Reply: My EFI 24x Harness Repin Thread Underway...