LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Quick, Still Street Legal LT1's

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 11:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would just say streetable since quite a few states frown upon real mods look at comifornia they freak if you don't have C-A-R-B stickers on a cai not to mention having cats in a NON-stock location then you have states/cities that don't care if it barely runs.....
Old 02-01-2012, 12:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It depends on your area. My H/C setup was DD'd for about 3 years with Longtubes, 3" duals, no cats, and straight through magnaflow.

Moral of the story: if you get hassled a lot move somewhere like FL - beautiful weather and you can DD pretty much anything you want . Hell, a guy two neighborhoods down from me has a little dune buggy go-kart looking thing with dumped headers registered with plates and lights on it! . About a year ago I saw this homemade Twisted Metal looking thing in a parking lot 10 minutes away...all its missing is rocket launchers on the roof . Wonder where he put his groceries???

Old 02-01-2012, 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SS RRR
It's subjective. My experience is if I am cool to a cop when pulled over I get a verbal/written warning or citation the same as if I were in my daily. I've learned from friends that if you're a complete dick with an "always question authority" attitude they are going to hammer you. Especially if caught doing something stupid.
Surely enforcement is subjective as well. My car would pretty much have to be on fire and catching other cars on fire as well to not be "street legal" when I have a police officer (off duty mind you) in the passenger seat.

It just goes to show how we have so many stupid laws in this country that they have become a complete joke. Legal is what ever you can get away with.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:24 PM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by 05HD
Surely enforcement is subjective as well.
Were you stopped for anything else other than the air freshener?
Old 02-01-2012, 03:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Were you stopped for anything else other than the air freshener?
The air freshener incident was at a police checkpoint on an on ramp. Every vehicle going up the ramp was being stopped. He checked my license, registration and inspection and they were all valid. I was in my nearly brand new and totally bone stock Silverado pickup at the time, the thing didn't even have tinted windows much less any not street legal mods.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:29 PM
Village Troll

Cop was doing nothing more than testing you to give him any reason for probable cause. Can't do anything about it but make sure you're all straight. Don't start no ****, ain't gonna be no ****.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive driven to work for weeks at a time on slicks and skinnies.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^ Lol I'd do it. In my part of IL, we don't do **** for emissions testing. I've got LT's and an ORY, with carbon/soot blowing out the back under boost. And nobody cares
Old 02-01-2012, 06:45 PM
Village Troll

The other issue is geographical location. If you live in a **** hole like most of the cities in the NE then you run into throngs of pompous assed liberal **** bags everywhere who feel your very vehicle is solely responsible for the imaginary ozone problem and will try and do everything in their power to ensure you be stopped by any means necessary.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you live in a **** hole like most of the cities in the NE then you run into throngs of pompous assed liberal **** bags everywhere

We take care of those people quietly.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

The other issue is geographical location. If you live in a **** hole like most of the cities in the NE then you run into throngs of pompous assed liberal **** bags everywhere who feel your very vehicle is solely responsible for the imaginary ozone problem and will try and do everything in their power to ensure you be stopped by any means necessary.
Meh, I'm very happy to head down to FL for the winter to get away from all of the liberal ****, vehicle inspections and gun laws but, I'm also very happy to get away from all of the ignorant, inbred fucktards and stupid codgers come spring time when I head back up north.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:52 AM
Village Troll

Perhaps you shouldn't complain about laws then? Reads like you have the best of both worlds, either that or you aren't a very happy person in general.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Lol, I love how this is starting to take a turn for the worse when politics are mentioned.

Hey! I'm a liberal...well a moderate I guess. And I could care less about emissions. Actually, we're having a really nice mild winter here...if it's caused by "global warming", I'm going to remove all emissions controls on all of my vehicles, just so I can do my part
Old 02-02-2012, 12:46 PM
Teching In

Yeah, loving how this thread went. ^^
Thanks for all the information guys!

Quick Reply: Quick, Still Street Legal LT1's