LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

White 94 Z Progess, Build For a Friend

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 08:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This isnt costing me anything... Well nothing more than a cheap junk muffler which isnt gonna break me up lol. AND i do my own fab work and really enjoy welding so that part isnt a bother either fyi. Like i said If its gonna be on there i want it to sound good while im deciding what i want to get. Mufflers arent everything when it comes to an exhaust and the way it sounds. If you have a 10 ft long pipe with a muffler in the middle its prob going to perform and sound a little different than the same 10ft pipe with the same muffler on the very end.. this is what im trying to figure out, i want to know what does what here. i could give 2 ***** less on how cheap or expensive or how many times i have to mess with it. I have nothing but time here.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:46 PM
12 Second Club

Ok.. good news is i got my exhaust all back together and welded up and that took 20 mins. right now i am currently running stock manifolds and y pipe with a 2 3/4s inch pipe back to a 2 chamber muffler dumped before the axle. it actually sounds really good and seems to perform decent too for what it is. I guess the lack of all that over the axle bs must help some.

Bad news... ive developed another miss. its not a short weld either its clearly a missfire. its worse at low rpm and if im in 6th gear around 1500 it shakes my brains out. if i hold the throttle at 3000 to 3500 and dont move my foot it does it in spurts. like itll hold the miss for a few secs then theres a quick second of no miss then back to it. kinda surges if that makes sense. in the past couple weeks i changed the coil, plugs and wires to fix a high rpm miss. it actually turned out to be a bad coil and dry rotted wire that goes from the opti to the coil. now im clueless.... im really hoping its not the opti but i wanna rule out everything else first. im almost positive its something electrical though.. ugh someone please tell me something positive before i take a shovel to this thing
Old 03-25-2012, 04:56 PM
12 Second Club

On a side note here she is during a wash. White is a lot harder to keep clean than people say it shows everything.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:26 PM
12 Second Club

may have found the solution to my miss but i dont want to get excited just yet. my car has the AIR motor and doodads removed and i was told the egr stuff was gone too but after a quick check its still on there.. this weekend im going to completely remove it then block it off. my car has all symptoms of a faulty egr and though this may not be the culprit to my miss it should clear up some other issues. when i get this **** off ill take some pics so everyone can see what a cluster **** of a mess that is gonna be removed. im almost embarrassed that i didnt realize this was still on there. fingers crossed on this one
Old 03-30-2012, 10:55 PM
12 Second Club

FIXED!!!!! sure enough the egr was hung open. I didnt get any pics of what i removed because most of it i modified to reuse as block offs lol. Basically the tube running from my header to the back of my intake i cut then pinched then welded it up because i couldnt break the bolt on the manifold loose. then the piece that mounts to the back of the intake i welded in circles till it closed up then cut the actual valve its self up and welded it shut as well. It came a monsoon so i didnt get a finished pic but ill show you when weather permits. i also removed my cruise control module, and front bumper support along with the front sway. def feels a little more nimble now, well minus the added roll in the front. it surprisingly wasnt that that noticeable. I even hit a few curves a little hard and really wasnt much difference.

Quick Reply: White 94 Z Progess, Build For a Friend