LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

cc306 355 build

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 10:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

You choose the pistons, guideplates and rockers on price alone, wasted money on the 52mm summit TB when if you wanted a 52mm a ported stocker is cheaper and better or for the same price you could have gotten a summit 58mm.

Then there is the cam........ even picking from Comp shelf cams you could do better.

If this is what you call "right" what the hell did you do last time?

Which piston PN? I think that whole line has thicker rings than stock and most are heavier than stock, neither of which is a good thing.

You want to slap together some cheap stuff that is fine, but don't go posting about how it is "right" and mislead others into following you.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lt1_t56
What are you implying?
I wouldn't put in a cam that is gutless down low and a stock replacement clutch.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
You choose the pistons, guideplates and rockers on price alone, wasted money on the 52mm summit TB when if you wanted a 52mm a ported stocker is cheaper and better or for the same price you could have gotten a summit 58mm.

Then there is the cam........ even picking from Comp shelf cams you could do better.

If this is what you call "right" what the hell did you do last time?

Which piston PN? I think that whole line has thicker rings than stock and most are heavier than stock, neither of which is a good thing.

You want to slap together some cheap stuff that is fine, but don't go posting about how it is "right" and mislead others into following you.
gtfo if you dont like my thread. ive researched on that cam people use cc306 all stock internals no problems, i'm having a pro build the bottom end he will choose best hyper sp pistons, true the clutch does look like a cheap zoomy.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:22 PM
11 Second Club

You realize NOBODY has said anything good about your plan?

You posted here looking for blind praise and didn't get it.

My post just offended you more because I got more specific.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:29 PM
Staging Lane

You realize NOBODY has said anything good about your plan?

My post just offended you more because I got more specific.
its ppl like u one here tho that just make ppl that want to do something or talk about bc thats what this site is for so wtf do it matter to u if he thinks its right then its right to him u dont know what hes looking for or what he wants bc i went threw the same **** but when i ask all u lt1 nutt heads no one says anything so u all want to hate but yet wont help out. idk how big u feel talking **** to someone on there post but u didnt have to say anything if u didnt like what he said its as easy as that
Old 03-07-2012, 11:30 PM
Teching In

you realize nobody has said anything good about your plan?

My post just offended you more because i got more specific.
how is the 306 a bad cam if im overhauling the engine!!?
Old 03-07-2012, 11:32 PM
Staging Lane

how is the 306 a bad cam if im overhauling the engine!!?
i have got a 50/50 fed back but the neg side said its old school and hits power at about 3000 rpm so no low end i guess and it just sounds nasty and they is way better out there
Old 03-08-2012, 12:13 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by keithcampbell
its ppl like u one here tho that just make ppl that want to do something or talk about bc thats what this site is for so wtf do it matter to u if he thinks its right then its right to him u dont know what hes looking for or what he wants bc i went threw the same **** but when i ask all u lt1 nutt heads no one says anything so u all want to hate but yet wont help out. idk how big u feel talking **** to someone on there post but u didnt have to say anything if u didnt like what he said its as easy as that
Why don't you speak english. This is a technical forum not high school.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:34 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by guppymech
Why don't you speak english. This is a technical forum not high school.
oh my bad ive been out sence 03 but i think u get the point to what im saying
Old 03-08-2012, 06:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

50/50 feedback on a cam is a horrible percentage. Think about it...for every one person who says it's good there's one who says it's bad. Now if you look at the reviews and results from CUSTOM cams, how many people can you find that are disappointed?
Old 03-08-2012, 07:03 AM
TECH Resident

Hold on RAM air ... I know plenty of dis satisfied stories... But then again they are builds based around a dollar number rather than an actual goal or intended performance level. Not to mention using someone else's custom cam... Custom grind cam extra $75... Piece of mind priceless.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:06 AM
TECH Resident

Also ... what caused to much damage in the first place... Maybe that should be addressed, maybe. Or at least before any parts get slapped together, before its too late.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:00 AM
Staging Lane

i wasnt saying 50/50 was good just saying thats what i have got back from ppl but most the ppl that said it wasnt good said that bc of lack of power and i understand that but the point i was trying to make here is who cares what everyone wants to do if they think its right so what let them do it...
Old 03-08-2012, 08:35 AM
Teching In

i use a cc306 with 1.7 rockers mildly built bottom end and some seriously ported heads hughes built th350 with 4500 stall and the cam works awesome but i couldnt imagine it being that great with a almost stock engine
Old 03-08-2012, 08:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

cc305 would be a much better option. AI/LE custom would be a lot of guys #1 choice.

If you can return the cam/clutch go for it. even pay re stocking fee's, it will be worth it after you get the car running again and wish you would of done things differently.

My car is just getting going again, i build a forged 357, somewhat mild, stock crank + worked stock heads, but aside that everything else is pretty $$.

I have a LE 228/234 565/565 111 lsa, clutch is a spec 2+. good for 600-700hp flywheel. If you can get a cam + clutch similar to mine you ll be way way happier once things are all said + done.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:06 AM
11 Second Club

I wouldn't even consider the 305 either the 503 yes it is probably the single favorite shelf cam for a reason.

Praising mediocre or bad parts hurts the community. Identifying them so the next guy avoids them helps the next guy do better.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:48 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by keithcampbell
really all im looking for is to have fun driving it and have more power/ badass sound. numbers dont mean anything to me bc when i want to make a lot of power il just get a diff motor and all that but i jsut want like red light to red light type stuff and then freeway also thats it and its stock other then air foil 90 elbow and a pro 5.0 thats it... i just got the cam, rr, pushrods, um springs, then some other stuff for the build then i got the pacesetters, a/c dlt, 25% under drive and i think thats it... i think im just going to post on here what i want out of it and have someone build me a top end and il sell all this crap i got i guess
You should reevaluate your priorities and consider a nice book instead:
Old 03-08-2012, 09:51 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by wrd1972
You should reevaluate your priorities and consider a nice book instead:
haha thanks maybe il get that... sorry my priorities on my car isnt the same as most of the guys on here
Old 03-08-2012, 02:09 PM
Teching In

Everyone trash talking my build my engine is going to blow up and my pos RAM clutch is going to fail, have you ever used the ram clutch? Or are you just posting about others stories? you dont know jack about the clutch. Its my first lt1 the damn thing is either going to go or blow the way i look at it. You live and you learn that's way i go through life. Doing it the "right way" MY WAY!
Old 03-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Staging Lane

Everyone trash talking my build my engine is going to blow up and my pos RAM clutch is going to fail, have you ever used the ram clutch? Or are you just posting about others stories? you dont know jack about the clutch. Its my first lt1 the damn thing is either going to go or blow the way i look at it. You live and you learn that's way i go through life. Doing it the "right way" MY WAY!
thats the way i look at it... u didnt ask IS THIS THE RIGHT WAY. u said this is the right way and thats ur right way... this is my 1st lt1 also and i think its funny all the diff things ppl say and the next will say something way diff then the last lol good luck man hope it goes b4 it blows

Quick Reply: cc306 355 build