LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Ls1vsc5 brakes

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 03:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the C5 brakes. Car stops on a dime now (Pads are Hawks). Very little fad and the Vette calipers look nice too IMO.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry i havn't been keeping up today guys been down with the flu ****...the small lt 11" brakes look like sh$t inside of the 18's and 19's. And there have been some HOLY S stops as well, there is a very noticably pedal issue stopping this much tire.
I always knew the brake lines would not work, thought i would go with the stainless braided lines for the pressure flex problem for more force. I believe the ls1 brakes would be an uprade but i think they are 12" rotors. The C5 i believe are 13". I can get ls whole front LandR for 200, but would that look any better in the larger rims...i am not sure about that. There is the track system i saw on here for like 500 on ebay. Now that looks like a good deal but kinda high for my wallet right now, doing a cam and heads right now.
I dont do auto x now but we do have a track nearby seattle that i would love to try, but if i break its a ways home. Maybe in the future. But i do love finding twisty roads and really really testing the limits of the machine!!!! Not really a fan of drilled and slotted rotors, although the look cool i hear they are prone to cracking? Can anyone verify this? Ok i gotta lay down now damn lost my train of thought! Sorry for rambling guys...later thanks for the info. Marc
Old 03-17-2012, 08:40 AM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by Jazz-LT1
I have the C5 brakes. Car stops on a dime now (Pads are Hawks). Very little fad and the Vette calipers look nice too IMO.
Only thing I do not like is having the CORVETTE so obvious. To me it's like using the CORVETTE engine covers.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jesup16
The are some conversions that use the bigger rotors, but the same calipers/pad...this is useless in my mind because you aren't increasing the surface area using the same caliper...maybe I'm wrong here, but from my knowledge there are 3 things to increase braking performance/stopping distance.

Braking force would be increased with the LS1 calipers and pads on the c5 rotor because the caliper is moved farther outboard of the center. This results in better lever ratio to stop the spinning rotor. Not sure about the length of the lines, some say LT1 are longer, and some say the LS1 are longer
Old 03-20-2012, 03:21 PM
TECH Regular

I love my c5 brakes. The original lt1 brakes would brake fade on me pretty bad at the track or while doing some "spirited" driving. No longer is that the case with c5 brakes.

Also I just used the stock c5 brake lines. There a little on the long side so I zip tied them up out if the way.

Last edited by Fazz73jr; 03-21-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TeeTopZ
Braking force would be increased with the LS1 calipers and pads on the c5 rotor because the caliper is moved farther outboard of the center. This results in better lever ratio to stop the spinning rotor. Not sure about the length of the lines, some say LT1 are longer, and some say the LS1 are longer
LS1 lines are side specific and longer than LT1 lines....also they have a 90 degree fitting on them that LT1 lines do not. Here's proof...the pics are accurate on the website because I just bought them a few days ago.

LS1 hoses: http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...mString=search

LT1 hoses: http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...uestid=2726099

Quick Reply: Ls1vsc5 brakes