LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Lokar Oil Dipstick and AS&M/RK Sport Headers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Lokar Oil Dipstick and AS&M/RK Sport Headers?

Guys,

I've had it with the stock dipstick tube as it doesn't fit right on my car and with all the damn bending I can't get it to bolt back up or fully seat right. I'd like to go the lokar route and I know they get hot as hell but don't care as I will check the oil with gloves. My question is there anyone here that has the AS&M/RK Sport mids on their car with a Lokar as where they are typically mounted (between #4 and #6) there is little/no space with these headers due to the primary. Any pics would be helpful or suggestions.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Lokar with RKsport headers, I ran it for a long time just free standing between the #6 & 8 primaries then used a short sheet metal tab to bolt it to the forward bolt on the #8 primary.
You are right about it getting very hot, you learn quick not to touch it till it cools down for a while.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The dipstick tube installation was a terrific pain in the *** with my old RK sport headers.

To make things much easier, I cut the original mounting bracket off of the tube and JB welded the tack weld holes that remained in the tube to seal them off. I then fabbed a separate bracket out of thin gage 1/2 steel and bent it in the shape of a J to form a clamp. This bracket bolted to the block and captured the dipstick.

This allowed me to loosen the bracket and easily slide the dip stick tube in and out with no issue.

Quick Reply: Lokar Oil Dipstick and AS&M/RK Sport Headers?