LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Drifting Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 10:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gsmith358
I don't think you can drift that car, well with it being that heavy it would just push the front and never get around the corners very well. You can get a 240 for 500 with no motor or trany. Then drop the LS and T56 in. coil overs, 400 bucks for some steering arms and you can go to town. I just finished mine with an LS.
It's not understeer that is the issue....35mm solid sway bar and shocks/springs can fix that pretty easily; it's the wild, harder to control oversteer that happens with the solid rear axle vs. the low unsprung weight and better road manners of the IRS on a 240 or whatever....that combined with the lack of steering angle to make compensate for it and overall heavier platform.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:31 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 96TransAmboosted
If you guys are going to talk **** and post stupid *** pictures, go make your own thread where all the **** can post gay **** together.

There is nothing stupid or wrong with what he is asking, it might not be the best drift car on the planet but thats not what he asked. holy ****
I don't think there is too many people that have any experience with "drifting" here. Its only the internet, go outside get some air.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:51 PM
TECH Resident

You ever watch the bomber class on a dirt track Those ******* can slide a tank sideways threw the whole corner WITH ENUFF POWER!!!!! Hell if you can drive a front wheel drive hard enuff the *** end will slide too Been there done that Had my LiL brother ask if an old Sentra was rear wheel drive LMAO We used to call Drifting a Power Slide LoL 600hp will make a car a different animal
Old 03-30-2012, 01:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Have you ever been drifting before? Id try it out first and see if you can get good with it how the car is currently.
Like most things, unless you are competing at a higher level, driver mod first.
Mind you the smaller cars are a bit easier to get the feel of, ive gone to a bunch of local "D-day" events in my area and the lt1 camaro doesnt do TOO bad. Im not amazing at it, but people who are good at the sport have no problem sliding my car well.

Quick Reply: Drifting Suspension