LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

lt1 and t56 into 68 chevelle?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 07:00 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default lt1 and t56 into 68 chevelle?

Just wondering how much work it would involve probably gonna carb it for the time being.

But just wondering how the t56 would fit been reading it takes tunnel work i believe but idk.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From my swap experience it really wasn't hard at.I think it will be even easier in an A-body vs my G-body.In my opinion I would keep the fuel injection if you have a complete donor engine with pcm and harness,pending your usage or goals for the car.As for the t56 fitment not quit sure but I reversed my stock motor mounts to lower the motor in my engine bay and it gave me plenty of room for 4l60e and th400.I will be the first to say the injection system was way easier than what people made it out to be.Sounds like interesting project good luck!!
Old 04-07-2012, 10:35 AM
Teching In

well here goes for my first post.

mtt14, 'Go For It!', you wil not regret it. i did the very same(except i have the 4l60) in my '69 Malibu. I love it!i was fortunate enough to get a complete '95 Caprice. i went ALL out and took every last electrcal component from the caprice and implanted them into the Malibu! talk about reliability, i have been driving this car as much as possible for over eight years and have NOT had a lick of problems like flooded carbs. sure is nice being able to jump into the car, not even touch the accelerator pedal, turn the key and have it start EVERY time!!!!(well, the battery did go bad because of the killer stereo - oops, oh well, sacrifices LOL). with the combo of EFI/Overdrive, i can get over twenty MPG on the highway, all the way down to loosing a new set of tires in a day!

the car is set up with: P/S, Power 4 wheel ABS Disc, Tilt Wheel, Power Lumbar Seats, power mirrors, power door locks, power windows, remote trunk release, A/C, with Electronic Temp Control, dual vanity visors, compass rear view mirror, delay wipers, cruise control.............. hopefully you get the idea - EVERYTHING from the donor!

Best advice that i can, could, and will say, Find a nice shop with someone you can buddy up with, and hopefully they have AllData, or Mitchell On Demand. I was fortunate enough to work in such a type of shop. I was able to get wire diagrams for it all.

God Bless General Motors(lol). Seriously, the wire colors between the '69 VS. '95 were THE SAME on virtually the WHOLE CAR!!! From Ignition to Turn Signals....Everything.

So don't let the wiring thing stop you from enjoying the bennies of EFI. I love driving this car so much, that when i go places with friends or buddies, i let them drive(what a pal huh??)

So don't let this outrageous post get in your way!!! i was smart enough that when my project was under way, i had gotten a handfull of disposable cameras and placed them all over the car.

Now that i have spoken so much of my baby, i'm going to have to scan a buttload of pics to show it off. Someone asked me why i went to such extremes with what i did to my car.
I said 'I wanted to customize this car in such a way that 'I' wanted it to be. I want to be comfortable driving it, and this is the way I wanted to 'Restore' it.

enough said, so gung ho mtt!!!!! most of all, Have Fun and don't get frustrated and 'suffice' with a carb. you won't regret it!!!!
Old 04-07-2012, 10:56 AM
Teching In

OOOPS, I did kinda leave out some very pertinant info.

Everything that i installed into the car was bolted in. yup, thats right. everything. no cutting or welding necessary! there was a little massaging in the tunnel near the converter housing area of the trans housing(prob. because of it being much bigger that a powerlide). I was even able to fit the 24 gal fuel tank under the trunk pan in place of the old 'too small' tank.

one small note that i think is way cool of GM. On the engine mount crossover, there just so happend to be a 'relief' in the frame for the original mounted '95 A/C compressor to fit without worry. almost as if GM was thinking ahead(oooohhh, ahhh) lol

the whole project from the time i had gotten the Caprice(already had the Malibu), to the time i fel it was time to drive the Chevelle was approx. six months. I was between jobs at the time of wiring duties(thank God!!) and that took almost one month alone!!! I knew what was in store for the finish(wait, who am i kidding - it will Never be finished LOL) and stuck with it. just ask my girlfriend and she will say she knows that i love that car more than her without even flinching!!!!

again i say, Just Do It!!!!
Old 04-10-2014, 09:43 PM

will a 1993 LT1w trans bolt in to a 1969 Chevelle ?? What about the motor mounts and cross member?

Quick Reply: lt1 and t56 into 68 chevelle?