LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Alt re-location brackets....that keep AC/PS

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 01:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by slomarao
idk...chicago in july is 90 degree....90% humidity..

ive been to FLA in the summer...its just as humid up here.
in TX, thats a 'cool day'... let your kids outside with no sunscreen and sheot
Old 04-19-2012, 02:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There was a place in Michigan locally here that was making those relocation brackets that keep A/C and Power steering. I dont know if they still make them or not. The problem that I had with them is that they put a idler pulley (kind of a nescessary evil in this set up) where the alternator used to be. SO instead of having a big ugly alternator in front of the valve cover, (that at least serves a purpose), you have a big ugly idler pulley that just looks out of place. So what I did was powder coat my stock valve covers gloss black, and sanded down my alternator case and polished it with aluminum polish and a scotch brite to give it a brushed/billet kinda look. Turned out understated and tasteful IMHO. Eric L
Old 04-19-2012, 02:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Prorac1
There was a place in Michigan locally here that was making those relocation brackets that keep A/C and Power steering. I dont know if they still make them or not. The problem that I had with them is that they put a idler pulley (kind of a nescessary evil in this set up) where the alternator used to be. SO instead of having a big ugly alternator in front of the valve cover, (that at least serves a purpose), you have a big ugly idler pulley that just looks out of place. So what I did was powder coat my stock valve covers gloss black, and sanded down my alternator case and polished it with aluminum polish and a scotch brite to give it a brushed/billet kinda look. Turned out understated and tasteful IMHO. Eric L
yea, Michigan Speed. cant find too much on them...
Old 04-19-2012, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ocala93TA
id say this is the best and cheapest kit id buy right now....

thanks man, you didnt have to do all this.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:59 PM
TECH Regular

id say this is the best and cheapest kit id buy right now....

thanks man, you didnt have to do all this.
No problem iam thinking of doing the same thing
Old 04-19-2012, 07:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL machine head is using a pic of my engine to show there product
Old 04-19-2012, 08:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Modify your stock bracket and move the alt down low. Tones of writeups all over the net on how to with pics. I did it to mine and works and looks great. If i one day find a smokin deal on a Speed Inc bracket then ill buy one then but not at the 400 price tag.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

So many people are replying without noticing the fact the OP wants to relocate his ALT while KEEPING his PS & AC.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If its for valve cover clearance grind the damn alternator & get the proform centerbolts & be done with it Ive researched the **** out of it Mine are ordered from jegs Try 90+ days of 100+ degrees & 110% humidity Texas & Oklahoma got the windy city beat on HOT LoL Im keepin my a/c LoL My 396 should make enough power with all my upgrades & 2 kits of Nitrous Dont be scared to do a little grinding Hell you can gut the stockers & run 1.6 roller rocker Use the Search Feature Or Google Another option is the ugly Canton valve covers Why spend extra money relocating **** if you dont have too

Last edited by warriorcustoms; 04-19-2012 at 10:29 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by warriorcustoms
If its for valve cover clearance grind the damn alternator & get the proform centerbolts & be done with it Ive researched the **** out of it Mine are ordered from jegs Try 90+ days of 100+ degrees & 110% humidity Texas & Oklahoma got the windy city beat on HOT LoL Im keepin my a/c LoL My 396 should make enough power with all my upgrades & 2 kits of Nitrous Dont be scared to do a little grinding Hell you can gut the stockers & run 1.6 roller rocker Use the Search Feature Or Google Another option is the ugly Canton valve covers Why spend extra money relocating **** if you dont have too
well its for valve cover clearance & cleaning up the bay for looks.

i hate having all the accessories lower and than the dam alt sticking up so high.....just gets in the way of ****.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:32 AM
TECH Resident

I know its kinda like a sore thumb but 500 & up could be well spent in other places Like a nitrous kit , Headers , porting your intake , Dyno tune , etc... Just my 2 cents I found a vette set up a few months back for 250 on craigslist Its a have to have on the S10 swap Im doin after the T/A build Its do the vette accy or cut & weld the frame on that LoL But it puts the a/c up top & then youve got a/c lines everywhere Kinda screwed either way on the "clean" engine bay You can hide & tuck everything to make it a lot cleaner Hell Im gonna delete the abs & all emissions crap to help the clean up Then my MSD stuff will have a nice spot
Old 04-20-2012, 09:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by warriorcustoms
I know its kinda like a sore thumb but 500 & up could be well spent in other places Like a nitrous kit , Headers , porting your intake , Dyno tune , etc... Just my 2 cents I found a vette set up a few months back for 250 on craigslist Its a have to have on the S10 swap Im doin after the T/A build Its do the vette accy or cut & weld the frame on that LoL But it puts the a/c up top & then youve got a/c lines everywhere Kinda screwed either way on the "clean" engine bay You can hide & tuck everything to make it a lot cleaner Hell Im gonna delete the abs & all emissions crap to help the clean up Then my MSD stuff will have a nice spot
you have a write up or anything on grinding the alt/proform center bolts or pics....just wana see it when its all said & done.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

would these fit

http://www.jegs.com/i/Proform/778/141-107/10002/-1

??
Old 04-20-2012, 11:17 AM
TECH Resident

Yeah but they need gutted because theyre stock height I will see if I can find the write up In this section hit the search & type in proform valve covers on an lt1 & a bunch pull up I just ordered the polished ones from Jegs I think its 141-130 Had to get those because the polished without logos were on back order You just have to test fit & grind the back of the housing Hell if they wouldnt fit after grinding then why would I have ordered em lol

Last edited by warriorcustoms; 04-20-2012 at 11:33 AM.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Your that lazy to remove 3 bolts to get to your valve cover? Leave the rear bracket off and theres even less to remove. The alt is easy to remove to get the valve cover off.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Those covers will fit with some minor grinding to the alt
Old 04-20-2012, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's not the work of pulling the alternator that I mind. I just think LT1's look so much better without it sitting up there. Once you delete emissions, relocate fuel lines, harness, etc., things start to look really nice underhood. I'd like that relocated alternator look, but I am not willing to give up my AC. I'm planning on fabbing up a mount, but there are other priorities ahead of it.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1961ba427
It's not the work of pulling the alternator that I mind. I just think LT1's look so much better without it sitting up there. Once you delete emissions, relocate fuel lines, harness, etc., things start to look really nice underhood. I'd like that relocated alternator look, but I am not willing to give up my AC. I'm planning on fabbing up a mount, but there are other priorities ahead of it.
this

not that pulling the alt is such a big deal...but once its moved, AIR/EGR gone, etc the bay cleans up pretty nice. I hate where it is...and its only a pain in the *** when you wana pull the covers.

DS side is a breeze cuz and thats how i want the PS side to be too.

Yeah for 100 bux or so I be happy with those new chrome covers but id really like the thing down low and out of sight.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:07 PM
TECH Resident

My 141-130s came in today & I agree with the cleaner engine bay aspect!!! I plan on doin as much as i can to clean it up & reroute **** Id rather have a procharger or turbo in the space that used to have the air pump LoL If I could only weld
Old 04-20-2012, 07:47 PM
TECH Regular

you have a write up or anything on grinding the alt/proform center bolts or pics....just wana see it when its all said & done.
Mine is ground down on the alternator its not hard but i also like the idea of moving it also to clean it up .

Quick Reply: Alt re-location brackets....that keep AC/PS