LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

lt1 no start

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 05:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ready to rip my hair out i can't even get it to stay alive for any period of time it only trys to fire up at about half throttle now so confused, tps checked out fine IAT would probably be my next bet but i just don't know....
Old 05-03-2012, 07:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

dude you've got some setbacks here and its usually best to ease back from a project when it gets this complicated. try a week or two+ off of it.
This could be your optispark at this point. Im not sure if you were able to swap in another ICM like I told u to before.
Also your readjusting the valves....but how.? I told you that textbook bullchit is just that it never works out....you can leave them fairly loose then once it gets started and it will start loose (as oppposed to NOT start too tight)then adjust them with engine running. (you could still be too tight...you've mentioned its been too tight twice already....the worst part about all this is you could throw a lobe...it's not common but I would guess its possible)

I dont think this is your problem anymore tho. Try another ICM and if not its your opti.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:26 AM
TECH Resident

well ill be going back to work tomorrow might have some free time this weekend to maybe look at it, don't have an extra icm to throw on the car, the one on it tested fine at autozone but i know how the feelings are on that, i got a scanner on the car, thought that themap sensor isn't reading right causeing a rich fuel condition because i don't have leaking injectors nor i the fpr leaking but yet im still getting excess fuel
Old 01-28-2013, 05:59 PM
On The Tree

Hey 96z28_lt1 have u figured out what ur problem was because I have the same exact symptoms. I think I just can't get my rockers set correctly. Do I need to set on compression stroke an how loose can the rockers be to just get the motor to start and idle. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks guys. Don't mean to hijack but I'm stuck
Old 01-28-2013, 06:12 PM
On The Tree

Also forgot to AD that I'm able to get the car to stay running at 5-600 rpm while my girlfriend hold at 1/4 throttle and when I play with the rockers the RPMs do get faster or slower depending on witch way I twist the poly locks. That's the man reason I think I'm not setting the rockers correctly. I have never adjusted roller rockers.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:40 PM
On The Tree

Anyone have an answer I'm stumped I've tried setting my rockers so many ways and still can't get it to idle. I have fuel pressure and spark. I just can't get these rockers right any pointers would be great. Thanks

Quick Reply: lt1 no start