LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Lt1 Miss,high rpm cut out......

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 10:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lt1 Miss,high rpm cut out......

Ok if you have a lt1 engine and you are doing everything to try and find a miss the first thing you need to do is a full tune up...
Plugs,Wires,Complete Opti Spark,Fuel And Air Filters,Pcv,+the coil is only 25$......

Clear your codes drive the car then see what you got.......

you spend more money replacing parts and breaking down tow bills ect....

We work on and build them every day there not much that will kepp them from running good besides those things...........

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Kra...97412590353152
Old 06-11-2012, 12:02 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have a suggestion for the "BEST" of all the parts to use for the tune ups?

IE: what optis are you using?

what ,Fuel And Air Filters are you using?

what Pcv are you guys using?

what ICMs are you using?

BTW- I LIKED your FB page... seems like some nice work....
Old 06-11-2012, 12:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would go with AC delco replacements all the way. My car went 150k with origanal parts to begin with. I would say and i would use the same replacement parts that gave me that much performance to begin with. Just my .02
Old 06-11-2012, 08:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Before you go swapping parts, test voltages and grounds on the pigtails to the ICM and Opti, ohm the coil and wires, check the plugs, have a part store check your ICM, ohm your ECT, check for corrosion on the O2 sensor connections, check fuel pressure at the rail, check your fuel pressure regulator. Parts till it starts is not the way to go unless you're just rolling in the cash.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DisasterFormula
Before you go swapping parts, test voltages and grounds on the pigtails to the ICM and Opti, ohm the coil and wires, check the plugs, have a part store check your ICM, ohm your ECT, check for corrosion on the O2 sensor connections, check fuel pressure at the rail, check your fuel pressure regulator. Parts till it starts is not the way to go unless you're just rolling in the cash.

Any time you are working on a car that has not been tuned up and has a driveability problem do a tune up dont waste your time.......because it might be wires this week and plugs next week then a opti in a month.....you dont want your customer coming back all the time for tune up issues.....

Parts depend on what the owner can afford cause they differ so much....

ac is the best besides msd

Quick Reply: Lt1 Miss,high rpm cut out......