LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Anyone with a 93-97 car with LS1 gone back to LT1? Help please.

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 06:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I figured I'd get some pointless comments from some of you. I never asked anyones opinion on if they would do it. By the way the car was an LT1 SS. That's why I wanted to go back stock. It wasn't a a "dirt cheap" regular LT1. I didn't mention it because I just wanted a straight foward answer and was hoping just to get an answer not get grilled for wanting what some of you don't. By the way there are LT1 cars going 9's so it's not like it's an obsolete motor. I like them and wanted an original LT1 SS. You don't see many LT1 SS cars as rollers do you? But I think I said it already but I decided to pass anyway.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:40 PM
10 Second Club

Plenty of sbc motors goin faster than 9's.. But realistically your don't know what you'd be getting into with someone else's swap... Fwiw ls is a more reliable platform to drive everyday.. Plug wire changes take 10 min on a ls vs a day on a ltx etc there'd pro's cons to everything..
Old 07-07-2012, 09:48 PM
TECH Resident

I completely agree. There are MANY advantages with the LS motor. But at the same time I have no issues working on LT1 motors. I've had LT1 cars for more than 10 years...been through many motors, transmissions, etc and I find them easy to work on. I just think it's kind of crappy to have people call me retarded for wanting to do this car a certain way. Who is anyone else to judge?

I have loads of respect for LS cars, my brother has one and it's badass. I like my LT1 cars simple as that. And I wanted this car to be the way it came. And I don't see why people have a problem with that. I've had great luck with LT1 cars. Had several past 160k and still ran strong and didn't burn oil and never left me stranded.

But again I've decided not to mess with the car because of the swap already being done and I don't really know what all was done and I decided not to get into it.

I appreciate those who actually tried to help...and for those who think if you don't have an LS1 then you're retarded...I got nothing for you. There's no need for that so I don't really know why you guys even bother replying.

To add...it takes me about 1 hour to do a plug change on mine. Like I said I don't have a problem working on LT1 cars. I know them pretty well and have done almost everything you need to know how to do with them.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:52 PM
10 Second Club

Def not right to call u names,.. Car in my sig has 150k motor blew at,ing out the complete rotating assembly and block.. It was reliable to me.. But ls IMO is the way to go for cheap speed.. Do u and if u Need any help you can PM me without any reprisal...
Originally Posted by za355tx
I completely agree. There are MANY advantages with the LS motor. But at the same time I have no issues working on LT1 motors. I've had LT1 cars for more than 10 years...been through many motors, transmissions, etc and I find them easy to work on. I just think it's kind of crappy to have people call me retarded for wanting to do this car a certain way. Who is anyone else to judge?

I have loads of respect for LS cars, my brother has one and it's badass. I like my LT1 cars simple as that. And I wanted this car to be the way it came. And I don't see why people have a problem with that. I've had great luck with LT1 cars. Had several past 160k and still ran strong and didn't burn oil and never left me stranded.

But again I've decided not to mess with the car because of the swap already being done and I don't really know what all was done and I decided not to get into it.

I appreciate those who actually tried to help...and for those who think if you don't have an LS1 then you're retarded...I got nothing for you. There's no need for that so I don't really know why you guys even bother replying.

To add...it takes me about 1 hour to do a plug change on mine. Like I said I don't have a problem working on LT1 cars. I know them pretty well and have done almost everything you need to know how to do with them.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:05 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks man I apprecaite it. I'm no puss or anything just trying to be a bigger person than guys who name call from behind a keyboard. I know LS cars fairly well...no expert but that's just something I have no experience with. I've never done a swap so I just wanted to see if anyone could help...obviously that was bad idea, lol. Thanks again man.

Cheap speed is a set of forged pistons, rods, and a 200 shot, lol. With any other decent mods you've got an easy 10 second LT1. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:07 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by za355tx
Thanks man I apprecaite it. I'm no puss or anything just trying to be a bigger person than guys who name call from behind a keyboard. I know LS cars fairly well...no expert but that's just something I have no experience with. I've never done a swap so I just wanted to see if anyone could help...obviously that was bad idea, lol. Thanks again man.

Cheap speed is a set of forged pistons, rods, and a 200 shot, lol. With any other decent mods you've got an easy 10 second LT1. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Fwiw we've gone as quick as 11.04 on a 130k mile stock ls1 with bolt ons.. Lol cheers!!
Old 07-07-2012, 10:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IllusionalTA
Plenty of sbc motors goin faster than 9's.. But realistically your don't know what you'd be getting into with someone else's swap... Fwiw ls is a more reliable platform to drive everyday.. Plug wire changes take 10 min on a ls vs a day on a ltx etc there'd pro's cons to everything..
or you can do the 24x conversion and have coil over plugs like the ls engines
Old 07-08-2012, 12:17 AM
TECH Resident

Yup LS1's are fast...not debating that.

Fwiw we've gone as quick as 11.04 on a 130k mile stock ls1 with bolt ons.. Lol cheers!!
Old 07-08-2012, 08:06 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by xtreme2001
or you can do the 24x conversion and have coil over plugs like the ls engines
wish that was available when i had a LTx in my car..
Old 07-08-2012, 03:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wish that was available when i had a LTx in my car..
yeah.well i am just getting into the ltx scene.lol......and maybe will just go ahead and do the lsx swap on my 96 trans am.....l92/ls3....

Quick Reply: Anyone with a 93-97 car with LS1 gone back to LT1? Help please.