LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

lt4 hotcam valve spings?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 04:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cammednasty
i took it apart and the springs were not stock. i had acually bought the same ones that were in there. the problem was that the guy who owned it last put 2 different size valves in it. longer valves means less seated spring pressure and then valve float. i am putting spaces underneath the springs to make more pressure.
You can't possibly be serious.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:41 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Someone said the LT4 springs were junk, they are NOT, they are a quality spring that is just often found to be insufficient on the HOT cam with heavier LT1 valves.

Far as what to use the HOT is mild so just about any upgrade aftermarket spring would do the trick say 110lbs on the seat.

Far as pushrods the HOT cam will be fine with stock pushrods, I would only worry about hardened if using guideplates and far as I have always heard 95 and earlier were hardened.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cammednasty
i took it apart and the springs were not stock. i had acually bought the same ones that were in there. the problem was that the guy who owned it last put 2 different size valves in it. longer valves means less seated spring pressure and then valve float. i am putting spaces underneath the springs to make more pressure.
Well thats interesting. But I'd lean towards bent (tuluped) valves on that cyl, due to possible over heating.

Also my old 93 had hardned pushrods, and i spun it to 6500 with lt4 spring for a long time.

Quick Reply: lt4 hotcam valve spings?