LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LTX Shootout PICS and VIDS

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 02:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by quik95lt1
nah im not gonna rush it ill bring it down the way it sits if i miss a gear down there i dont loose anything lol......im gonna go ballastic on that th350 so its gonna take a while to rebuild the $$ for the car fund for it.....its a winter project
wordddd. I am pumped for cecil. that was a fun weekend last year.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's the deal with Cecil I keep hearing about? That's in MD?
Old 09-04-2012, 03:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Screw Cecil come down to MIR, better track. Either way I would be down to meet you guys. There are a TON of little hotels right near the track for really cheap, like $35-$50 a night. I live 30 minutes north of MIR too, we could have a BBQ or something after at my house.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:21 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mystery Bird
What's the deal with Cecil I keep hearing about? That's in MD?
Yeah its in Maryland its open until early december. last year I went down with Mike and he ran like 3 tenths faster and Germaie and Frank (hvyss) met us down there so did a few other ls1tech members and everyone ran new PB. we are planning on going down agian this december. I will be bringing my car this time too.

Originally Posted by bufmatmuslepants
Screw Cecil come down to MIR, better track. Either way I would be down to meet you guys. There are a TON of little hotels right near the track for really cheap, like $35-$50 a night. I live 30 minutes north of MIR too, we could have a BBQ or something after at my house.
we did pretty good down at cecil last year and its a few other guys home track. I personally might be coming down to MIR for the world cup finals in November. Come meet us at Cecil in december and me and you can race heads up for some $$ if you's like
Old 09-04-2012, 04:44 PM
12 Second Club

Im down for either one, I live right on the way to MIR, 30 minutes north in Waldorf, 4 minutes off of 301. I can make it to cecil easy too, just name a weekend!

And yes, I will take your money
Old 09-04-2012, 07:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

MIR is an extra 3 hours away. I'm not staying in a hotel for 1 glory pass. The elevation between the tracks is 300ft different iirc. MIR is the lower of the 2.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:08 AM
12 Second Club

Really wanna finish my car up and come over next year. My dad would love to come too. Its just tough because this is right when college starts for me every year...
Old 09-05-2012, 04:29 AM
12 Second Club

I didnt realize cecil was almost in delaware, that is a bit farther than I expected. Either way, name a weekend and Ill be there.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

.......this weekend finally convinced me on a trans brake......its too easy to get burnt down at the lights on the foot brake by a transbrake car guess i actually gotta go racecar now
Why? You lost me with that one, unless you're just concerned about pushing the front wheels through the beams as you bring it up against the converter?
If by "burnt down", you mean throwing heat into the tranny, I don't see any difference.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:59 AM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by joelster
MIR is an extra 3 hours away. I'm not staying in a hotel for 1 glory pass. The elevation between the tracks is 300ft different iirc. MIR is the lower of the 2.
Don't get all caught up with what's on paper. ET's between the two tracks are comparable.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:11 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by bowtienut
Why? You lost me with that one, unless you're just concerned about pushing the front wheels through the beams as you bring it up against the converter?
If by "burnt down", you mean throwing heat into the tranny, I don't see any difference.
He staged first and the other guy just sat there while he was footbraking his launch RPMs. It might be fun to burn your opponent down, but it certainly is never fun when it happens to you. That's why I like alky you can leave me up there all day on the line the worst thing that will happen is I will run out on the return road.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by fex77k
He staged first and the other guy just sat there while he was footbraking his launch RPMs. It might be fun to burn your opponent down, but it certainly is never fun when it happens to you. That's why I like alky you can leave me up there all day on the line the worst thing that will happen is I will run out on the return road.
I understand completely. Still don't see how it would be any better on a transbrake; unless like I said he was concerned with pushing through the beams.
Either way, you could be faced with throwing 7 seconds worth of heat into it.
I'm glad my car launces best off idle!
Old 09-05-2012, 08:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Regardless of elevation, all other conditions being equal, you will never run quicker than you will at Cecil. It's a downhill track.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:15 AM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I understand completely. Still don't see how it would be any better on a transbrake; unless like I said he was concerned with pushing through the beams.
Either way, you could be faced with throwing 7 seconds worth of heat into it.
I'm glad my car launces best off idle!
its tough to fully stage it then get on the footbrake cause it can roll through easily while giving it throttle......the brake is easy just walk it in and keep your finger on the button at idle....soon as the other guy jumps in smash it to the floor and let go of the button......if i backed off to idle and waited for him i wouldve never been able to get back up to my footbrake stall speed that fast without pushing through the brakes
Old 09-05-2012, 09:29 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by bufmatmuslepants
Im down for either one, I live right on the way to MIR, 30 minutes north in Waldorf, 4 minutes off of 301. I can make it to cecil easy too, just name a weekend!

And yes, I will take your money
HAH! we'll see

Rumor has it that Cecil is a little bit downhill and its one of the best tracks for great times because it is open so late in the year. But i am sure MIR and Atco will net you greta times as well.

Originally Posted by coolmanvette75
Really wanna finish my car up and come over next year. My dad would love to come too. Its just tough because this is right when college starts for me every year...
Yeah man I hear ya the first 3 years i didn't attend because i was still in college. When do you graduate?

hahaha i think he is just still sour from losing lol. I don't blame him I would too. Plus he is putting in that TH350 mineaswell go to a t-brake with it.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

its tough to fully stage it then get on the footbrake cause it can roll through easily while giving it throttle......the brake is easy just walk it in and keep your finger on the button at idle....soon as the other guy jumps in smash it to the floor and let go of the button......if i backed off to idle and waited for him i wouldve never been able to get back up to my footbrake stall speed that fast without pushing through the brakes
Exactly.

I had to use my footbrake when running in bracket and tranny brake when running mod n/a. When I use my tranny brake I always stage first, then simply push the button. I don't touch the gas at all. I just sit there. As soon as the other guy stages, then I mash the gas to the floor. With my footbrake, I had to stage first and then slowly work the rpm's up right away regardless of whether or not the other guy had staged yet. It simply takes too long to get it to the desired rpm. I was testing my brakes' holding power. FWIW they couldn't hold ****, lol. I could only take it up to around 1500 or so.

Quick Reply: LTX Shootout PICS and VIDS