LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

1994 firebird rebuild.

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 08:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got some work done on the motor today, Installed the oil filter adapter to replace the oil cooler. polished up the fuel rails, they turn out ok but it was hard to do on a bench with out having anything holding it wish a had a bench polisher, my polishing wheel kinda blew up on my die grinder good thing it was the last stage to finish. painted the water pump and got that installed, I gotta replace my valve covers cause they are damaged from the chain and one has a hole in it so I have a stock set of center bolts from a sbc goin to do something with the paint or at least try to. here are some pics. its almost ready to drop in the car.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:08 AM
On The Tree

well last night got most of my engine wiring done just have a few more pcm pins to extend and power and ground wires to add than its ready for looming, planning to have its all done tonight when the kids are off to bed and get the motor ready to drop in this weekend.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:44 PM
On The Tree

well get the engine harness finsihed up today and ran out of diff size wire loom which ill pick up tomorrow here are some pics.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:36 PM
Staging Lane

Damn I would say someone knows there wiring.. Lol but if u happen to find just heater only like the one u spoke of I am looking l still can't find one. Doing similar on 94 Camaro. Car went on diet pulled ac box motor clean up and no power steering
Old 10-26-2012, 08:23 AM
On The Tree

Yea im still looking for just the heater unit i have been looking at the one summit racing has but i hadnt put my dash in yet to measure the space that is left behind the dash i know vintage air has a heater unit with defrost but its more money but as soon as i find one ill post it
Old 10-26-2012, 01:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

They aren't too hard to find. Here's one example:

"Queen City Components Street Rod Heater with Defrost & Standard Billet Control" on Ebay for $213
Old 10-26-2012, 01:26 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks man.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

You're welcome. There may be better and/or cheaper options. That was just a quick search.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:06 PM
On The Tree

Never thought of looking on ebay lol, goin to have to check that out
Old 10-26-2012, 10:42 PM
On The Tree

today got some work done on the motor put the trans and motor together.

than I draged the k-member from out side and I gotta say what a pain it was to do by ur self.

I was putting the motor on to the k-member and I was having a hard time getting the mounts to line up and I was telling my self I hope I have the right mounts so I google lt1 mounts and found pics turns out I had the pass side motor mount upside down and in the wrong spot, felt like a dummy fixed it and now the motor sits on the k-member.

I also pulled off the lt1 spindels with brakes and in there place Installed the ls1 spindles. I was getting ready to clean up when I found my drive shaft.

need to install new joints but I almost forgot I had that drive shaft. So now the kicker, the plan was to put the motor in the car this weekend but my brother has a car on the hoist for a steering gear but got the wrong one in and now the parts wont be in till monday and hes being a *** and wont let me push the car outside to use the hoist and my dad has something goin on the other side so It many not happen this weekend so it probley wont be for another 2 weeks before I can get the motor in my car which kind makes me mad but oh well life gose on.

stay tuned.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:17 PM
Staging Lane

Default ..

Ur brother needs to hurry up and move his car we are all impatiently waiting lol
Old 10-31-2012, 06:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Family drama. Boo.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:04 PM
On The Tree

The car has been moved already just been to busy this week to get the car over to the shop, i may bring it to the shop this weekend if the car trailer isnt in use, yea my brother has a mustang so we are always fighting over the hoist lol.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by krzy_z
yea my brother has a mustang
so your saying your car is infinitely better than your brothers?
Old 11-03-2012, 02:20 AM
Staging Lane

Talking lmao

that and his brother has to continous use the hoist you know Fix Or Repair Daily lmaooo
Old 11-03-2012, 08:49 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 94whiteZ
that and his brother has to continous use the hoist you know Fix Or Repair Daily lmaooo
Lmao pretty much hes had to replace the diff 3 times this year, also. I had to rewire the whole car cause half the wiring some how melted behind the dash which was not fun cause i wasnt use to the ford wiring colors.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:20 PM
On The Tree

well I found my other camara so no more pics with my i phone, took a pic of the car today with the wheels on the car and I gotta say it looks better Im even thinking of keepin the mudflaps on the rear lol.

also found a fuse block from work that may work for what im wanting to do.

small enough to fit behind the dash and runn the inside fuse block to this block also and the under hood block, its sure goin to be fun re wiring this car.

as for any work getting done on the car this weekend, not happen Im sicker than hell and felt like a truck ran me over, but I have the hoist booked up for next weekend, I know its sad I need to book my dads hoist lol but if its there use it. Hopfully this week I can make new trans cooler lines and run them on the motor while its out of the car would be easyer.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:27 PM
On The Tree

well car is loaded up on the trailer on its way over to the shop and tomorrow moring the fun will start, I been waiting for ever to get this done. Pics to follow tomorrow night.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:14 PM
On The Tree

car is ready for some work.

got the old v6 k-member out of the car and what a hell of a job the bolts would not come out with the impact and had to do it by hand with a big *** ratchet.

under side is soild but has ill rust which will be cleaned up later on.

found a broken wire for the fuel pump looks like I need to fix that.

got all the wires put on the motor and the upper shock mounts and shocks installed

motor ready to go in

almost there, That hole just behind the motor on the fire wall is where Im goin to run my wiring inside the car.

everything bolted together nicely had a brain fart when it came to the trans mount I had it mounted to the tail shaft so the cross member was like 4inches to far but I seen where I went wrong.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:30 PM
On The Tree

drilled the hole for the engine harness I used a 2" hole saw and worked perfect just need a gromment now.

got the rad in place fuel lines hooked up not liking how they look so Im goin to make a list of fittings and put a order in, ok I know the engine bay is dirty I hadnt had a chance to wash it and It snowed last night so its not like I could of used a garden hose to wash it.

the car on the ground on all 4 wheels the front still high but will settle down.

I worked on the rear too get my wheels to fit with out having to put weight on the axle to install my wheels, I had trimed the pass side bump stop mount and put my spacer shim I had left over from my iroc on the rear and the tire has about a good 3/8" clearnance when the diff is hanging, but the driver side was a different story, after trimming and fittting the wheel I had enough and just cut the mount off on the driver side and took a bfh to the area to make room, not has much room as the pass side but enough to sit flush on the hub, I will get a adjust panhard bar for the rear later on and Im goin to get longer wheel studs for the rear cause wasnt enought tread turns on the lug nut, so When I do the rear disc swap is when Ill fix it. Im also planning on keep the rear mudflaps on the car lol.
I also mounted the rear wheels on the frt to see how they would clear and look and I liked it, so I plan to get 2 more 18x10.5 with a 315 tire for the rear and Ill run the wheels I have on the back now on the frt and than I could do my ctv brake swap. hope you all enjoyed my work today and next will be the all in fun Wireing

Quick Reply: 1994 firebird rebuild.