LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

1994 firebird rebuild.

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 11:39 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Krzy_z no need to order fittings. Pull the inner fender out pull fuel lines down. And there is a small hole there cut with dremel pull fuel lines up tuck behind brake booster screw a clamp to hold it to firewall. Done out of sight tucked away. Can post pics later
Old 11-11-2012, 11:53 AM
On The Tree

yea i just came across a link with that mod, figure it would save me some cash on fitting and lines, post some pics of how urs turned out. i may go do that today since the car is still in the shop.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

He's right. That's kind of over simplified, but you can do it with your stock fuel lines and the only thing you will need is a hole saw and a new grommet to run them through. There is a nice detailed write up if you search for it. In my opinion, this is better than using braided line, because the plastic stuff lasts longer. I have run both steel braided line and pushloc hose on my old chevy and both deteriorate after only a few years. I think it's the methanol in all the gas that does it. If you really want to get creative, just shorten the stock lines and use new stock style ends. (There are parts available from Dorman to do this.) Most people just make a big loop with the extra length of the stock line and fasten it inside the inner fenderwell. Just make sure to use insulated clamps to fasten it so it doesn't rub through later.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:00 PM
On The Tree

I was looking at the car today and found a spot to make the hole to run the line, ill probley move the fuel lines this week to clean it up cause these line make the engine bay look not clean besides the dust already in the engine bay. Im goin to look into shorting the lines also cause if i could get away from looping the lines ill do it.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:12 PM
On The Tree

Well i havnt touched the car at all this week, just been a crazy week with work and my son geting in trouble at school, tonight im goin to work on my engine bay harness some more i had already cleaned up the engine side on i gotta clean the inside part remove the wires that i had already cut out which will be fun cause they are like glued all together at the fire wall area, im also looking into changing my fuse block to a smaller one to get more room under the dash, i also score a yellow top battey from work today for 15 bucks just what i need for putting the battery in the spare tire area which i still need to mount the bmr battery tray
Old 11-18-2012, 09:21 PM
On The Tree

so this weekend I started working on my under hood harness cleaning up the wires and getting them ready to extend for the hood lights and few other things, took some pics for you all to see what I have done, I still need to clean up the headlight harness but I think it would be easyer to do that with it on the car and go from there, as for the fuse box It needs to go its just a rats nest and I like a newer box so Im still trying to figure out what Im goin to do there but I can get everything ready and done up until im ready for a fuse box. enjoy the pics.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:45 PM
On The Tree

well this week I had picked up so brembo brakes from work for my firebird they are from a 2011 bmw 135i they are 6 piston calipers I looked up the specs and they were on 13.3" rotors from factory so Im goin to make a bracket like the c5 brakes to run them on the car, Im goin to run the 88-96 c4 hd rotors or the 05-11 c6 rotors with these calipers they measure at 13"-13.389" tall I do plan to run them under my 17" wheels or try to, Yea I know u guys are like they wont fit but the car had some 17" wheels on the frt with these calipers they werent what was supppost to be on the car cause they came 18" from factory. Ill get some pics of the calipers up soon, for some reason the pic link isnt working right now.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:59 PM
On The Tree

here are the pics of the calipers sorry if they are small
Attached Thumbnails 1994 firebird rebuild.-sdc10009.jpg   1994 firebird rebuild.-sdc10005.jpg  
Old 12-08-2012, 04:45 PM
Launching!

awesome find on the brakes! post lots of pics when doing the brackets
Old 12-08-2012, 05:39 PM
On The Tree

Yea i lucked out cause i was walking by the dismantler and i seen them and we core calipers so i told him to put them off to the side for me and i talked to my boss got them for free i looked them up online and they go for 1500 with rotors so i couldnt go wrong they only have 25,000 kms on them too, ill be taking lots of pics when i start that build just waiting for my rotors
Old 12-12-2012, 07:11 PM
On The Tree

well today is a sad day I have put the project up for sale due to some money problems I didnt wanna have to sale the car but being the only one working in my house makes it very hard, but hopefully when Im back on my feet Ill buy another f-body probley another lt1 car so, I just wanna say its been fun thanks for the help and info.

Quick Reply: 1994 firebird rebuild.