LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

New exhaust set up ( Video inside )

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 03:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New exhaust set up ( Video inside )

So I got my new exhaust set up finally. Its a bullet muffler dumped before rear end.

Tell me what you guys think.

Old 10-09-2012, 03:49 PM
TECH Regular

Def. not my thing, sounds like a car without a muffler imo. But hey, if it makes you happy who cares.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hard to tell with the camera quality, but I'm sure it's mean in person.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:24 AM
On The Tree

Sounds worse than no muffler... What kind of bullet?

No offense, you asked. I chopped the rear section off my 97 z m6 and it sounds great with surprisingly no rasp or popping at all. But I have my entire exhaust on still, cats ect it's just cut right at the turn that goes into the muffler and tips. Finished my lt headers today though, borla going on.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:57 AM
On The Tree

Well I guess now that I know my car sounds like **** I'll go ahead and buy a dynomax bullet. I used the one that was already on the car, sounds nice at idle but I thought myself it sounded kinda bad when in high rpm range. Just wanted to get more opinions.

I believe the bullet that is on it now is a summit brand glasspak bullet. I was hoping it would give me the sound I wanted but I guess not.

Can anyone tell me if a dynomax bullet will change the sound much or not?
Old 10-10-2012, 05:25 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HarleyZ28
Well I guess now that I know my car sounds like **** I'll go ahead and buy a dynomax bullet. I used the one that was already on the car, sounds nice at idle but I thought myself it sounded kinda bad when in high rpm range. Just wanted to get more opinions.

I believe the bullet that is on it now is a summit brand glasspak bullet. I was hoping it would give me the sound I wanted but I guess not.

Can anyone tell me if a dynomax bullet will change the sound much or not?
Hey bud what size is your exhaust now, and what size is the bullet? (Inlet/outlet size, length <------->, and circumference? While most bullet mufflers sound the same, there are a few brands that even if you buy the exact same size one and just switch brands, will sound different. Any idea what brand u have now? What does it look like? I can probably tell you what it is.

From personal experience my favorite bullet mufflers that actually have a tone and will quiet/smooth it out some are - Spintech, Moroso spiral flow, Magnaflow, and Dynomax. The best IMO is the Magnaflow, real nice quality polished stainless, and a really nice tone that will get rid of most if not all the popping backfiring sound you get with running no muffler. That's why they are so popular to put in the SLP Loudmouth cat backs, they give it a nice deeper tone, kill the pops, and still rip like crazy.

Spintech bullets rock too, I had 2 dumped be4 the rear axle on my z but went to a full exhaust after the loud *** 383 cc306 build.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:30 AM
On The Tree

If you need another bullet/s and don't want to spend a ton of money, I've got the 2 Spintech bullets from my dumped setup still sitting in my garage collecting dust. They are stainless 3" in/out and have 3" turndowns welded on them, with rubber hangers as well you can use or simply take off. They have some road rash on the bottoms, but install them with that side up and they look perfect.

Just figured I'd offer, I don't foresee me needing to use them again. I'd let you have them dirt cheap for a fellow forum bud.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:19 AM
On The Tree

PM sent 97z2801ss
Old 10-10-2012, 07:31 AM
TECH Regular

Im also selling my axleback if your interested shoot me a pm

regardless good luck on your endeavor, Ill be installing exhaust try #5 this weekend.

Quick Reply: New exhaust set up ( Video inside )