We need a "hardcore" lt1 forum...

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 11:59 AM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mdacton
Your wife limits internet time?

Good guess but no thats not it.

I will just keep my mouth shut so the doors will not open for the trolls.

Carry on.

Old 10-26-2012, 02:13 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony Shepherd

Good guess but no thats not it.

I will just keep my mouth shut so the doors will not open for the trolls.
Then why pose the question in the first place?

I'm not sure why those like you who seem to be at the forefront of the LT1 hobby would have any sort of disdain for others who are beginners.

I don't consider myself a beginner (I've owned and modded LTx stuff for over 10 years), but there are times I can benefit from good technical discussion or just enjoy seeing what others with the same interests are doing.

So, what gives?
Old 10-26-2012, 02:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 54 Likes on 48 Posts

LOL, isn't everyone still running an LT1 considered "hardcore"?
Old 10-26-2012, 02:25 PM
Village Troll

Received 541 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by HellTeeOne
So, what gives?
When a certain level of success is reached one expects to be treated a certain way. If not treated in that way then whining, gnashing of teeth and abandonment ensue. The question was posed because attention was desired.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:33 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by SS RRR
When a certain level of success is reached one expects to be treated a certain way. If not treated in that way then whining, gnashing of teeth and abandonment ensue. The question was posed because attention was desired.
Wrong wrong wrong. You have no clue. Trolls like you are the exact reason we don't come around anymore. I think your goal in life is to troll the forums and find threads to work your magic and **** people off. You get off on that. Its your new hobby along with keyboard racing.

We see the same guys posting in every thread degrading other setups and playing the "your car sucks" card.

90% of the threads you are involved in I see negative comments. Your not the only one. There are others.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wrong wrong wrong. You have no clue. Trolls like you are the exact reason we don't come around anymore. I think your goal in life is to troll the forums and find threads to work your magic and **** people off. You get off on that. Its your new hobby along with keyboard racing.

We see the same guys posting in every thread degrading other setups and playing the "your car sucks" card.

90% of the threads you are involved in I see negative comments. Your not the only one. There are others.
I'm not pointing fingers but I agree about the "**** people off" thing. Sometimes I'm apprehensive about asking questions in fear of the nasty answers and uncalled for comments. I like to have fun like the next guy but some take it too far. We all have a different level of knowledge and it's a shame that some just beat up on others because they don't know as much. I agree that a lot of people should learn how to use the search function but sometimes things change and it's nice to revisit them to see if something may have changed.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:55 PM
Village Troll

No I'm pretty much correct. Your claims are filled with a bunch of over emotional garbage. The only ones I ever "troll" are the pompus asses who fully believe they should be treated as gods. Being on car forums for this long I'm pretty sure I have a good grasp of how the f-body broh food chain works.
I am relieved you were able to finally spill the beans as to why you've been absent for so long, even though I and others already knew the answer.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:01 PM
8 Second Club

No I'm pretty much correct. Your claims are filled with a bunch of over emotional garbage. The only ones I ever "troll" are the pompus asses who fully believe they should be treated as gods. Being on car forums for this long I'm pretty sure I have a good grasp of how the f-body broh food chain works.
I am relieved you were able to finally spill the beans as to why you've been absent for so long, even though I and others already knew the answer.
No thats the problem. You always think you are correct but in fact are full of ****. You have more enemies on this forum than friends, you act like your a "know-it all" GOD, and do not have a life outside of forums. You have over 5,000 posts and the sad part is most of those are rude comments and being a smart ***. I have bit my tongue and stayed quite for many years reading some of your bad attitude posts. Just as the guy stated above, he is afraid of starting new threads in fear of little bitches like you coming in and bashing his thread.

If you ever would show up to a shootout, you would see I don't want to be treated any different than others. Never have and never will.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:17 PM
Village Troll

As I've told other whiners who have babbled the same thing, I challenge you to back up the claims you are spewing. Ninety percent of the threads I'm involved in you say? Me **** on those asking ignorant questions? There's a search function, use it. You might be surprised at the ones who are actually being the dicks. Guaranteed you are the one who is the clueless moron. Five thousand posts in ten years? What is wrong with you?
No, the problem lies with you whining about me stepping on the toes of some of your buddies and you considering them "everybody." It's total crap, but not surprising from one who feels us "commoners" should bow to your holiness...
Old 10-26-2012, 03:26 PM
8 Second Club

As I've told other whiners who have babbled the same thing, I challenge you to back up the claims you are spewing. Ninety percent of the threads I'm involved in you say? Me **** on those asking ignorant questions? There's a search function, use it. You might be surprised at the ones who are actually being the dicks. Guaranteed you are the one who is the clueless moron. Five thousand posts in ten years? What is wrong with you?
No, the problem lies with you whining about me stepping on the toes of some of your buddies and you considering them "everybody." It's total crap, but not surprising from one who feels us "commoners" should bow to your holiness...
Like I said. I don't act nor feel like I should be treated different than anyone else. Ask anyone who has been to an event and they will tell you the same.

Im gonna drop this before it gets out of hand. I hope you will do the same. Im done.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:34 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 122 Likes on 91 Posts

So SS RRR is the reason you don't post?

Seems to be a theme with that guy.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I know , not to long ago.. I was a beginner, and having approached many of the LT1 veterans the right way... I was given alot of help. I didn't always listen, and I did make mistakes on my own... but I learned, and I like to pass that knowledge on to the newbs as well to try to save them some $$$mistakes$$$. Kinda like a knowledge PAY IT FORWARD. The trolls are a big factor as to why I spend so little time over here, and why with my short fuse I end up getting into pissing matches (I know I should know better, but I still get sucked in.) Ive been told my intake was a door stop, Ive been told my blower is to small, Ive been told I disappoint people because I would rather DD my car than drag race it....to the point a $1000 bet was made with a member here... who never showed up...... but Im happy with my build and how I use it, and I keep an open mind with other peoples builds and that we don't all see things the same way and don't all do things the same way...

If you guys want a hardcore section WE are willing to offer one, but its not about pissing matches and telling people they are doing shyt wrong, or if its not your way its the dumb way... but rather a place where those who are making some serious power, who are not your typical build can discuss issues, and even help those who want to get there... I agree.. I would never approach a EXTREME LTXer what TB I should use, or what plugs to run in my mild build... but, there is alot that these guys bring to the table.

just my 3c
Old 10-26-2012, 03:38 PM
Village Troll

Like I said. I don't act nor feel like I should be treated different than anyone else. Ask anyone who has been to an event and they will tell you the same.
Yeah I'm new to this whole track/gathering thing. I have no earthly clue what you're typing about.

Im gonna drop this before it gets out of hand. I hope you will do the same. Im done.
You're done so by golly I better be done. Do you feel you must control everything? Of course you're done because you know what stupid **** you are trying to claim. Again, you want to lamely carry on and splatter how I am the bad guy? Before you start in on your smear campaign I'd suggest doing some research, Senator.

Last edited by SS RRR; 10-26-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I can personally vouch for this. When I went to the shootout in 2010 I was a complete noob to eveyone. I knew who Tony, Kyle, Tanner and some other ltx heavy hitters were from reading GMHTP and lurking on the internet but never thought Id be watching them race foreal. I was almost star struck for a moment when I saw Tony and Kyles cars sitting in the pits. I walked up and introduced myself to Tony (who looked very busy filling nitrous tanks) and found him to a be super nice guy. Same thing with Kyle, those guys were no different to talk to than anyone else. i think thats why I was drawn more to the ltx community, alot more hepful people and not nearly as many trolls.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Shownomercy
Why be serious?

I would love for a solid forum for forced induction LT1 stuff, but, thats a dream. Whereas there is a million and a half cheap turbo with crappy hot side LS1 builds. So again, why be serious. Any good tech found on on the internet is bout 5 years old and the build was prob parted out long before it ran decently.

Outdated motor that people seem to be proud of making it run 10s NA, la de da
Well The best forced induction Forum was CZ28 back When Baxter and I were playing in 98-00 or so. I "parted" mine out after the ATI **** its gutts through my new engine and and ATI said"damn..you know we have the new D-1 coming out, Only $3,500 as your core blew up"

When I ran My first ten it put me in the Top ten LT1 cars. Now not so much. Fully loaded with the A/C blowing.

Originally Posted by Shownomercy
No more Mindgame or similar folks
Funny you should mention him. He got ahold of me a while back to see what was up. Nice guy, Just got tired of the same BS the rest of us did....

So Why? You are right there is no reason at all
Old 10-26-2012, 05:21 PM
Village Troll

Originally Posted by BLK95-Z
I can personally vouch for this. When I went to the shootout in 2010 I was a complete noob to eveyone. I knew who Tony, Kyle, Tanner and some other ltx heavy hitters were from reading GMHTP and lurking on the internet but never thought Id be watching them race foreal.
Real nice guys. So nice that one of them got real bent he was double bulbed at a shootout and flipped the guy off in the return lane and then talked **** about it here. I don't care how famous you are. If you are going to be that much of a baby you deserve to get called on it. That's when I stopped seeing the funky bunch post. Either that or I just stopped paying attention to them.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:30 PM
8 Second Club

Real nice guys. So nice that one of them got real bent he was double bulbed at a shootout and flipped the guy off in the return lane and then talked **** about it here. I don't care how famous you are. If you are going to be that much of a baby you deserve to get called on it. That's when I stopped seeing the funky bunch post. Either that or I just stopped paying attention to them.
I have no clue what you are talking about. I was never double bulbed at a shootout and I have never flipped off a competitor.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default On a side note...

I THINK THAT WE SHOULD HAVE AN LT1-LT4 FOR SALE SECTION sticky in our section! NEIL?????????????? I dont understand why we dont...
Old 10-26-2012, 06:00 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Uh who cares? I would say we are all hardcore LTx, we still run them. I dont know about you guys but when im out in my 97 Camaro and I see another LT1 Trans am or Camaro I get a good little ole "atta boy" feeling. I can honestly say ive never once thought "man that guy is so stupid cause hes not running as fast as I am nor have nearly the knowledge cause im so smart". To me its really very simple. If you see a thread post and you can help, go for it. If you dont want to, move on. But honestly you guys running 9's/low 10's NA on motors YOU build, how much more can you really learn? FWIW thanks to every last one of the LTx techs either this site or others that have saved me $$ and headache by helping out.....VERY much appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by lt1_2buku; 10-26-2012 at 06:05 PM.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:19 PM
Village Troll

I have no clue what you are talking about. I was never double bulbed at a shootout and I have never flipped off a competitor.
Then it was one of your buddies, and I'm sure you know exactly what I'm talking about. It doesn't matter who it was. The fact that you want to scold me is ridiculous when petty bullshit like a double bulb finds its way to a tech forum to be bitched about.

Quick Reply: We need a "hardcore" lt1 forum...