LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

We need a "hardcore" lt1 forum...

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 09:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 93 LT1 Vette
Your statement is very true. Family, keeping a job, and hoping I'll be able to retire before I'm 70, has now taken center stage. Heads and cam combos still excite me but the reality is books, braces and minivans are more important.
I think it's great that kids and adults too, have this forum to ask questions and better yet, they are questions about American cars, not turboed imports or those f*%$en sewer pipe mufflers.
Anymore, hardcore is getting in and out of my car without hurting my back after a 70 hour work week. My heap is not the fastest but I'm the one that put the torque converter in it, put the shift kit in it, installed the cam, lashed the roller rockers and plumbed the nitrous kit. All with help, from the fine people on this forum and for that, I thank each and everyone of you that replied to not just my questions but others as well.
Hardcore, hardcore is the guy with 3 kids, a wife, morgage, medical bills and still has the need for a few extra ponies so he works a little more OT, making sure his family doesn't go without. Or the student that is working two part time jobs trying buy a CC306 cam that everyone says is **** on the streets without steep gears and a 4000 stall.
Well said. I'm the guy with 4 kids and no wife......plus all that other stuff. LOL
Old 10-26-2012, 09:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BADMOON
I THINK THAT WE SHOULD HAVE AN LT1-LT4 FOR SALE SECTION sticky in our section! NEIL?????????????? I dont understand why we dont...
THIS.....I know it's been asked for repeatedly. I don't get it. Regions have their own. We are going to need it even more when this new "LT1" LS based motor comes out.

Alright, I know everyone probably hates that I quoted and replied to so many posts, but I had to take this chance to catch up on the whole thread. Some very good points in here. I won't even comment on some parts of it though. No use adding to any of that.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by popo8
I can say Im just as guilty when it comes to getting heated about things.
QFT.....
Old 10-26-2012, 09:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rob94hawk
QFT.....
It happens
Old 10-26-2012, 10:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Old 10-27-2012, 12:00 AM
10 Second Club

Hm... All this from a thread I started when I was a little drunk

If there was a "hardcore" forum where **God forbid** information was exchanged to better the platform and the bashers and nuthuggers sat on their hands, I think some members would be more involved. Less posters with more advanced setups and knowledge, and more viewers that can learn from the information posted without all of the unnecessary bullshit.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:12 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Wicked94Z
Hm... All this from a thread I started when I was a little drunk

If there was a "hardcore" forum where **God forbid** information was exchanged to better the platform and the bashers and nuthuggers sat on their hands, I think some members would be more involved. Less posters with more advanced setups and knowledge, and more viewers that can learn from the information posted without all of the unnecessary bullshit.
The state of lt1 forums has sucked for the last few years. I just do my own thing now, i try to take everything on the internet with a grain of salt.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:39 AM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SS RRR
When a certain level of success is reached one expects to be treated a certain way. If not treated in that way then whining, gnashing of teeth and abandonment ensue. The question was posed because attention was desired.
Everybody expects a level of respect wherever they go. So Tony and faster "hardcore" guys don't post, what makes you think they are "demanding attention"? The junk you say is attention ***** deluxe, congrats.

As I've told other whiners who have babbled the same thing, I challenge you to back up the claims you are spewing. Ninety percent of the threads I'm involved in you say? Me **** on those asking ignorant questions? There's a search function, use it. You might be surprised at the ones who are actually being the dicks. Guaranteed you are the one who is the clueless moron. Five thousand posts in ten years? What is wrong with you?
No, the problem lies with you whining about me stepping on the toes of some of your buddies and you considering them "everybody." It's total crap, but not surprising from one who feels us "commoners" should bow to your holiness...
Challenge? Stop trying to act so cool all the time, we get it, you're tight.

Yeah I'm new to this whole track/gathering thing. I have no earthly clue what you're typing about.

You're done so by golly I better be done. Do you feel you must control everything? Of course you're done because you know what stupid **** you are trying to claim. Again, you want to lamely carry on and splatter how I am the bad guy? Before you start in on your smear campaign I'd suggest doing some research, Senator.

You are completely missing the point.
Remember your old user title? Guess you missed the point, again.

Quick Reply: We need a "hardcore" lt1 forum...