LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

top gear yellow lt1 an insult

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 09:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i gotta check this one out. I lmao at the ep where they used the black 95 trans am with dubs as KITT and where tanners pseudo delorean nissan kept having its doors fly open.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:40 AM
Village Troll

Received 535 Likes on 387 Posts

Originally Posted by a97transam
He's Anti-American.
He's a bigot.
He's a chauvinist.

Can't stand the man. Do a web search with your favourite search engine - you will find 100's of examples.
Meh. He's a British twit. At least he despises Piers Morgan who I believe is far more anti-American.
Originally Posted by quik95lt1
same here i hate the UK version....all they do is hate on US cars even if they run well......i think the US version is funny as ****
If you had carte blanche to drive the **** out of as well as own the finest cars produced in the world American cars would not be your favorites either.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

In Clarksons defense he hates pretty much every car .

I was amazed when he gave the Z06 and ZR1s positive reviews.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this is a little old, but just saw the episode. I was pretty pissed at the outcome too.

To their credit, they did subtly mention that it probably won't hit 150 because it's "tired" due to the extreme miles. Someone did contact Top Gear USA about the car (don't know how legit this is though) and the response was that the opti was having major problems. There were also other maintenance issues with the car.

But I do agree that the show is rigged. He could have gotten a healthier LT1 for that price, but what entertainment would that be if he wipes the floor with the best bang-for-buck car.

There was another episode that pissed me off too - the Mclaren vs the Nascar Cup car. That was completely rigged - they admitted that it would just be a 10 lap "sparring" session, as you can tell Carl Edwards was toying with his puny McLaren's 300 less hp. But then they made it like the laps were so close and that the Mclaren barely lost after 10 laps. In reality, the Nascar car would have lapped it by lap 10. Now there are comments all over on how fast the McLaren and how close it is to a Cup car. So their portrayal sometimes can be very deceiving.

I think one of the main points they have is to provide entertainment for TV, and to positively promote the super cars they review.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll buy that T/A from them for a few hundred, fix it, flip it. That thing was completely ganked. I bought my 95 Formula for $2k w/ 161k miles and a $1000 sound system in it and it's seen 160.

Jeremy Clarkson is a bit of a pompous ***, but I want to buy him a pint for bitch-slapping that troglodyte, Piers Morgan.

And TGUS very much focused on entertainment. The episode where they drove big rigs comes to mind, where they put Rutledge's glasses under the tires and Tanner's phone and they spiked it into the ground.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't watch the show, but from what I'm hearing here it was a top speed run at Bonneville or some other salt flat. Those numbers cannot be compared with numbers on flat smooth pavement. It's a completely different animal.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:22 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DisasterFormula
I'll buy that T/A from them for a few hundred, fix it, flip it. That thing was completely ganked. I bought my 95 Formula for $2k w/ 161k miles and a $1000 sound system in it and it's seen 160.
I don't think you would say this, If you saw the next episode where they destroyed it playing football.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 6spd97ta
I don't think you would say this, If you saw the next episode where they destroyed it playing football.
I did not see that episode. A shame.

Quick Reply: top gear yellow lt1 an insult