LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Whats the most hp ever made from a stock bottom end lt1 with power adder??

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 03:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats xrambbc! That's awesome to see!!
Old 04-17-2013, 04:02 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by AZZKIKR
Nice dyno numbers for your setup.. I agree with Walhan as well on some points. I also dislike how some tuners go for that "number" then back it off for the street. So there, you're not going to run what your dyno number (corrected or uncorrected) showed.. I now run only on a loaded mustang dyno for closer real world results and we do not back off timing after we are done to make it "safer"..

Make it safe on the dyno by getting the tune spot on and not try to go for a number that you're not running around with on the street or track..

Looking forward to seeing some times at bandimere!
I would rather back the timing off so when the air gets good I dont start popping and banging all over the place. Sometime that number you get on the dyno is a good potential indicator but not always what you should be running around with in a street car. Especially a car with the distributor locked. A self learning EFI system would be more forgiving.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:06 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by tricked94camaro
you said you were running the stock heads? ported?
He mentioned took the heads off to check the pistons then put them back on using stock bolts and gaskets.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:13 AM
Launching!

as for the power being reduced all we really did is turn boost down, 22 psi i didnt want to get to the track and make one pass and have it pop. so i turned it down to 19 and ill get some seat time and get it going fast, then once ive hit a best et and mph ill start turning it back up.

heads are stock camaro castings fitted with comp dual springs thats all. stock gaskets and head bolts from GM were used.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice numbers, im sure i'll have my turbo LT1 out this summer ready to play but mine whent from auto to 6 speed just for the fun of driving but im sure we can set up some fun low roll pulls in Mexico and invite Walhan, maybe he will let me drive his Z06 again.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:25 PM
Staging Lane

I completely agree with Walhan. Most tuners around here use corrected numbers to make the customer happy....untill they go to the track and run a number that is no where close to what it should run giving the dyno number. To each their own though. Nicks car will run good and hit good numbers at the track. Im not taking that from you Nick . I strongly agree with using uncorrected numbers but that just me and very few others around here. Talking to some of the big racers around here (quick 16s, pro stock etc....) they dont use corrected numbers...just saying haha. The end of the day, it matters at the track. I would much rather have a 500hp uncorrected car going 11.5s than a 650 corrected car going the same or slower. .........
Old 04-30-2013, 02:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by shanesss
I completely agree with Walhan. Most tuners around here use corrected numbers to make the customer happy....untill they go to the track and run a number that is no where close to what it should run giving the dyno number. To each their own though. Nicks car will run good and hit good numbers at the track. Im not taking that from you Nick . I strongly agree with using uncorrected numbers but that just me and very few others around here. Talking to some of the big racers around here (quick 16s, pro stock etc....) they dont use corrected numbers...just saying haha. The end of the day, it matters at the track. I would much rather have a 500hp uncorrected car going 11.5s than a 650 corrected car going the same or slower. .........

totally agree, i always make sure when im at the track i tell both numbers, just in case they want to know for comparison or some ****, but i do tell uncorrected numbers at the track for sure.

yes top sportsman, pro stock, quick 16, and really any other major racer doesnt give two ***** about corrected. and i have been concerned for uncorrected than anything now a days, so im coming around
Old 04-30-2013, 03:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

I love the uncorrected **** going around in here... giving uncorrected numbers is just as much Bullcrap as corrected numbers. Corrected numbers is to give a standard for comparison. Corrected numbers never change. An uncorrected number only means something if you race in the same conditions as when the dyno pull was made. If you have it dyno'd at a shop that is 1000ft higher in elevation than the track you race at and you were comparing the uncorrected numbers to your time slip you would think that the dyno was reading low. So much bullcrap lol...
Old 05-01-2013, 10:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by nitrous2fast
I love the uncorrected **** going around in here... giving uncorrected numbers is just as much Bullcrap as corrected numbers. Corrected numbers is to give a standard for comparison. Corrected numbers never change. An uncorrected number only means something if you race in the same conditions as when the dyno pull was made. If you have it dyno'd at a shop that is 1000ft higher in elevation than the track you race at and you were comparing the uncorrected numbers to your time slip you would think that the dyno was reading low. So much bullcrap lol...

^^^^exactly how i was tought, but i get beat up about it when i talk about it like that . . . .

Quick Reply: Whats the most hp ever made from a stock bottom end lt1 with power adder??