LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

measured my pushrods, how this look

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 08:35 PM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

I don't! I've just always just made sure the roller isn't falling off the side and call 'er good!
Old 12-08-2013, 11:51 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So u just tried to get me to put my foot in my mouth. I dont need any help with that so go away. But now its in writing for the record u have agreed with me for once.

But as far as the adj p-rod i believe its use is more important for huge lift cams like >0.6" lift where it maybe difficult to center the rocker/roller tip due to the longer travel across the vlv tip. Thats where lash caps can help. But the adj p-rod is difficult enough to need to be used with the block in the engine stand rather than in the car. I know and have been there before. Kinda back breaking trying to turn the engine over while watching the roller tip.

cardo
Old 12-09-2013, 12:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Cardo0 I am not trying to be funny but how does that work? I just had my heads redone and I am going to need new pushrods. I was going to buy the conventional pushrod tool but now you have me interested in this one.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:36 AM
Banned

So simple one of those Manley or ProForm dont even come with instructions. Just use you old p-rod and slip that tool over the stud. Now find which side - vlv tip or p-rod - has the gap/spacing and measure with a simple feeler gauge. U have to be on the base circle of cam of course. Thats it. That distance u measured with the feeler gauge is how long or short the new p-rod needs to be. If gap was on vlv tip side then p-rod needs to be that much shorter than stock. If gap was on p-rod side then p-rod needs to be that much longer than stock p-rod.

Hope this helps,
cardo

Last edited by cardo0; 12-11-2013 at 05:36 AM. Reason: wrong mfr
Old 12-11-2013, 05:36 AM
Banned

BTW Adam, u should not need new p-rods unless they shaved your heads more than 0.005" and using a really thin head gasket. But it doesnt hurt to measure for peace of mind.

I corrected my post for a Manley p-rod checker - not Moroso.
cardo
Old 12-11-2013, 06:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

well at this point the block was decked, heads were shaved, I am installing different rockers. So I want to check the geometry of everything before I put it all back together. I am running the stock pushrods any way so its time to upgrade to some better pushrods.

Quick Reply: measured my pushrods, how this look