LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

396 daily driver builds

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 12:05 PM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SS RRR
He who is without sin cast the first stone, my fellow man crush warning brethren.
quick95, the only reason I ask is because usually dyno racing consists of those who start squawking about whose car is better and only have dyno sheets for information. None of that is going on here. Seems like you either don't know what dyno racing means or you are doing a little trololol'ing yourself.
stfu with trolling guy.....I don't even wanna hear it ive brought more good info to this board than u can even imagine.......

basically what I was saying b4 u got butt hurt and wanted attention again was to the OP.........don't get bent on dyno numbers......a big number doesn't make a car fast......area under the curve has a lot to do with it........I think even we can agree on that one........basically stopping people from making mistakes I did when I first stared this doing this stuff when I was very young
Old 06-13-2013, 12:12 PM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

OP I apologize for the following posts from SSSRR calling me a troll and attention *****......just wait for it its coming
Old 06-13-2013, 12:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

My timeslip brings all the boys to the board, and they're like, my dyno sheets better than yours, damn right, it's better than yours...
Old 06-13-2013, 02:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by joelster
That makes more sense.
Well.....at least I'm not the only person to confuse 500 flywheel with 500 rear wheels

Originally Posted by ss rrr
......you don't know what that means to me. Apology accepted.......
LOL

Originally Posted by bufmatmuslepants
My timeslip brings all the boys to the board, and they're like, my dyno sheets better than yours, damn right, it's better than yours...
Wow......you dug deep for that one.....eh?

KW

Last edited by KW Baraka; 06-13-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Shownomercy
What is your point of being on this site? You and that caprice fool
SNM....you're unusually testy today .....

KW
Old 06-13-2013, 08:07 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by quik95lt1
.......basically stopping people from making mistakes I did when I first stared this doing this stuff when I was very young
I don't think anyone wakes up one day and knows everything, especially about LT1's.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:00 PM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

basically what I was saying b4 u got butt hurt and wanted attention again was to the OP.........don't get bent on dyno numbers......a big number doesn't make a car fast......area under the curve has a lot to do with it........I think even we can agree on that one........basically stopping people from making mistakes I did when I first stared this doing this stuff when I was very young
Now now there's no reason to get bent. It was merely a question. Easy there, jersey shore. No one is going to call you a troll or an attention *****. Your internets tech bro cred is good here. No one is questioning the plethora of unimaginable information you've supplied. Not sure what you mean by very young because you still are very young. You could have simply explained yourself instead of posting up some random vague statement that had no meaning. I do appreciate the clarification. You are the number one bro in my book!
Old 06-13-2013, 09:43 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 120 Likes on 89 Posts

Now now there's no reason to get bent. It was merely a question. Easy there, jersey shore. No one is going to call you a troll or an attention *****. Your internets tech bro cred is good here. No one is questioning the plethora of unimaginable information you've supplied. Not sure what you mean by very young because you still are very young. You could have simply explained yourself instead of posting up some random vague statement that had no meaning. I do appreciate the clarification. You are the number one bro in my book!
Do you own a running LT1?
Old 06-13-2013, 10:09 PM
Village Troll

Define "running LT1."
Old 06-13-2013, 11:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 143 Likes on 112 Posts

It's only been down like six months. Relax. It only took 2 months to swap out the motor mounts. Springs are next. I predict another month or two and it'll be done.
Damn if it takes that long to swap out Engine Mounts (Motors are electric), I wonder how long it takes to actually do real work.

Oh yea that's cause you don't do your own work.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:51 AM
Village Troll

Well hay thar, mervin! I see you're still in the mid 11's in a 408 lsx? How does it feel to know any LT1 (let alone stock block/bolt-on f-body lsx) with the same mods could crack that Dale mobile ***?
Old 06-14-2013, 10:02 AM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 120 Likes on 89 Posts

Well hay thar, mervin! I see you're still in the mid 11's in a 408 lsx? How does it feel to know any LT1 (let alone stock block/bolt-on f-body lsx) with the same mods could crack that Dale mobile ***?
You really are an pompous ***.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:07 AM
11 Second Club

Oh I'm cool..I was untuned..only got one pass in and haven't been back since.

New build in the works tho and that will skull **** all kinda fools..
Old 06-14-2013, 11:31 AM
Village Troll

Originally Posted by the_merv

New build in the works tho and that will skull **** all kinda fools..
Yeeaaaahhhh 2005 mervin called and wants that failed promise back...
Old 06-14-2013, 01:05 PM
11 Second Club

Did you make your appointment for the abortion poster-child position that you would fill very well?

Last edited by the_merv; 06-14-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:05 PM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow! You guys really show the love! LOL
Old 06-14-2013, 05:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OP I apologize for the following posts from SSSRR calling me a troll and attention *****......just wait for it its coming
Dont worry about it man. lol besides the build info the biblical prophecy and arguing is amusing.

I dont know why but it seems like the LT section on this forum has the most heated discussions. lol Its all because of the Malice Optis. Blame it on the Opti.

Anyways in all seriousness I appreciate all the info. Its obvious dyno numbers are just numbers for bragging rights, but you guys are making me more interested in drag racing with your arguments. Guess ill be planning to build a mid 11 street warrior. Because personally here in the bay area ive seen 400rwhp cars kill aftermarket boosted bmw M series, AMG's, Aston Martins, 5th Gen Camaros, ect at the track. Hell went to this street track a few nights ago and this TA with a mild h/c/i LSx build (not sure if hes on this forum), mild ported heads with MS3 cam M6 annihilated this rich trash talking douche-bag’s new AMG SL65. TA ran 11.9 and the SL65 ran 12.5. 450fwhp > 600+fwhp. Not to mention those new AMG engines put down more TQ then HP. All about the gearing.

Twin turbo AMG V12 got beat by a N/A LSx. lol

Sounding like a little kid I cant wait till the day my street LTx 396 or 383 kills an $140k+ Elite performance German car. Still probably getting around the same amount of gas mileage and comfort with A/C, Radio, Power steering..

Last edited by Evil Opti; 06-14-2013 at 05:21 PM.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:32 AM
Launching!

Well, I can tell you it's aggravating connecting an engine capable of 11's to a chassis and tire setup that's capable of 15's. A Tercel can embarrass my '69 from a dig. But, it's set up for things other than proving how big or little my dick is.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:17 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Evil Opti
Dont worry about it man. lol besides the build info the biblical prophecy and arguing is amusing.

I dont know why but it seems like the LT section on this forum has the most heated discussions. lol Its all because of the Malice Optis. Blame it on the Opti.

Anyways in all seriousness I appreciate all the info. Its obvious dyno numbers are just numbers for bragging rights, but you guys are making me more interested in drag racing with your arguments. Guess ill be planning to build a mid 11 street warrior. Because personally here in the bay area ive seen 400rwhp cars kill aftermarket boosted bmw M series, AMG's, Aston Martins, 5th Gen Camaros, ect at the track. Hell went to this street track a few nights ago and this TA with a mild h/c/i LSx build (not sure if hes on this forum), mild ported heads with MS3 cam M6 annihilated this rich trash talking douche-bag’s new AMG SL65. TA ran 11.9 and the SL65 ran 12.5. 450fwhp > 600+fwhp. Not to mention those new AMG engines put down more TQ then HP. All about the gearing.

Twin turbo AMG V12 got beat by a N/A LSx. lol

Sounding like a little kid I cant wait till the day my street LTx 396 or 383 kills an $140k+ Elite performance German car. Still probably getting around the same amount of gas mileage and comfort with A/C, Radio, Power steering..
I'm running a 396 with eagle forged internals, H-beam rods, Comp XFI 280 cam, a set of well ported, previously loved set of AFR 195s, Comp ultra-pro 1.6 rockers, 7/16 studs, comp beehive springs… Ported Lt-4 Intake, el cheapo 58mm TB, BMR tubular suspension up front, Hotchkis out back and a Strange D60, spooled 5.13s turned by a Perfomabuilt Lvl 3 and the old trusty Yan SS3600, along with all the obligatory bolt ons. Eagle predicted it to have 12.5:1 compression and I can tell ya, it has TONS of it… and I can also tell ya that there's nothing that I have found (and I've raced every model ya noted) in your list of rides, that can touch her. And that's with a PCMforless Mail order tune. What's more, since the rebuild, the tranny has been a slushbox, (sat for two years… but in my defense, there was no way for me to know that it would be two years to build that engine, but life got in the way and ya probably know how that is) and she still walked right on by each and every one. LOL! The Aston Martin dude, literally ran off the road when I lit her up, having given him all of 1st gear, which put him right next to the engine… it was hysterical.

She walked a Cammed/Header 2012 SS 5th Gen a few weeks ago, with the old tranny which was slippin' something awful 2-3 and 3-4 FORGETABOUDIT! … and that dude said he dyno'd out at 520 to the wheels.

I have no illusions that I'm pushin 500 RWHP, but I expect she's churning up something north of 500 at the crank and enjoy the force multiplication of the 5.13s down low and THAT is what I built the car for… light to light, street fights. But SOMEDAY, I will find SOMEONE that can tune the 96 OBD2 PCM who has a dyno and we'll find out what she's doing and HOPEFULLY, push what ever she's doing, up, considerably. THEN we can reconnect the SQUEEZIN's… for those stubborn harder to roll over stains.

But, there it is, and I absolutely LOVE IT! I drive down the road watching everything that passes by, thinking… "I can beat that, and that… that, that, that…".

She's not a DD… but she is a blast.

Last edited by OVA1; 07-30-2013 at 05:34 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:43 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by OVA1
I'm running a 396 with eagle forged internals, H-beam rods, Comp XFI 280 cam, a set of well ported, previously loved set of AFR 195s, Comp ultra-pro 1.6 rockers, 7/16 studs, comp beehive springs… Ported Lt-4 Intake, el cheapo 58mm TB, BMR tubular suspension up front, Hotchkis out back and a Strange D60, spooled 5.13s turned by a Perfomabuilt Lvl 3 and the old trusty Yan SS3600, along with all the obligatory bolt ons.
Nice to see you back OVA.

396 + spooled 5.13s, yummy . I think you are at the point where bigger heads, custom cam, and a more aggressive stall would do you nice . 195's and a XFI280 seem small for the rest of your combo, but I remember you originally building more of a weekend warrior street car then a track car initially...before going overboard like so many of us do so I can see where you are coming from (cough). You admit its no DD anymore, and I'm sure those 5.13s aren't exactly highway friendly, so may as well bite the bullet and step things up a bit .

Quick Reply: 396 daily driver builds