LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Turn key LT1 f body turbo systems, whos interested???

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 10:06 PM
Launching!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Fastbird93
$4000 for a full turbo kit is NOT pricey when you factor in what it includes. Heck, last I saw a P1SC blower kit was more than that, and the turbo kit will yield a lot more capability.
Not pricey according to whose budget?
Old 06-20-2013, 10:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Budget and forced induction don't go together. If $4k isn't in your budget to go turbo......think about nitrous instead. Gotta pay to play.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:25 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 121 Likes on 90 Posts

$4000 for a full turbo kit is NOT pricey when you factor in what it includes. Heck, last I saw a P1SC blower kit was more than that, and the turbo kit will yield a lot more capability.
Originally Posted by ascastil
Not pricey according to whose budget?
Budget and forced induction don't go together. If $4k isn't in your budget to go turbo......think about nitrous instead. Gotta pay to play.
And this, is why there are no turbo LT1s.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:33 AM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

4000 is still quite a bit cheaper than buying a pro charger kit, and the turbo kit will be able to supply more power the higher you go with boost. Plus the whistle is just cool as hell. But if turbo kits aren't in your budget then don't complain. Gotta pay to play. And to the OP, when my nitrous car gives way, I will be looking to go turbo. You'll be my first choice
Old 06-21-2013, 10:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

when is the last time someone saw a turbo lt1 sold and gotten a decent price for it? matter of fact, when is the last time a lt1 was sold at a decent price compared to a ls1 car?

these things are getting really old, run down and cheap. So whatever goes into a turbo on this car has to be cheaper vs. more expensive. I have a hard time believing any of you guys would really drop 4k on a LT1 car for a turbo.

The only guys that "may" are the one's that already have an investment where 4k on a turbo is cheaper than a platform change to LS1 let's say.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:00 AM
TECH Regular

It would be cheaper to and a better option to build a lt1 turbo car over an ls1. The aluminum ls1 block can't hold the same amount of boost that an lt1 could. Unless you want to spend the extra coin to change the blocks out in your lsx car. I own both a 00' ws6 and a 96 ss. Its not fair to say that all lt1 cars don't sell for a decent price. Let's not compare some dirty high mileage ghetto rigged lt1 to a very well built clean low mileage car. That's apples to oranges. Oh and BTW I sold a 96 z28 with 40k original miles and ran 11.3's in the quarter with a stroker motor & supporting mods. I got $13k out of it. Not too bad I don't think.

Last edited by badfbodyz; 06-21-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:05 AM
TECH Regular

And not all ls1 cars are very nice these days either. There are plenty if them that are "old, run down, and cheap". The ls1 is a good platform but its not miles ahead of an lt1 once you start building them mod for mod.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:12 AM
TECH Regular

To the OP, your car is one of my favorite Ltx builds on this site just because of the simplicity of the build. There isn't anything crazy done to the block, heads, etc but it runs 9s all day. People need to look into your build if they plan on going turbo. Yours have proven to be a beast with simple parts.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:56 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by merim123
when is the last time someone saw a turbo lt1 sold and gotten a decent price for it? matter of fact, when is the last time a lt1 was sold at a decent price compared to a ls1 car?

these things are getting really old, run down and cheap. So whatever goes into a turbo on this car has to be cheaper vs. more expensive. I have a hard time believing any of you guys would really drop 4k on a LT1 car for a turbo.

The only guys that "may" are the one's that already have an investment where 4k on a turbo is cheaper than a platform change to LS1 let's say.
Im gonna buy the kit, its bout 1,500 cheaper than the procharger kit so why not save some money
Old 06-21-2013, 12:06 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Originally Posted by badfbodyz
And not all ls1 cars are very nice these days either. There are plenty if them that are "old, run down, and cheap". The ls1 is a good platform but its not miles ahead of an lt1 once you start building them mod for mod.
What?

The LT1 sucks, no matter how you cut it. When a junkyard 5.3 will run 8s and the fastest all out race motor LT1 can't, yeaaaa
Old 06-21-2013, 12:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Shownomercy
What?

The LT1 sucks, no matter how you cut it. When a junkyard 5.3 will run 8s and the fastest all out race motor LT1 can't, yeaaaa
Lt1 sucks no matter what? Try telling that to the OP who just ran 9's in a cam only lt1 with some boost...I love my ls1 ws6 but my lt1 ss has just as much potential
Old 06-21-2013, 12:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by lt4388stroker
Im gonna buy the kit, its bout 1,500 cheaper than the procharger kit so why not save some money
you fit the criteria I laid out under "may", so you would be a legitimate contender.

Guys, not trying to foofoo this. I'd love to see it happen, just business logic would dictate otherwise.

As for lt1 vs. ls1, not trying to go there. I'm a little older than most on here I'd imagine. I'm going to date myself here, but I bought my 96z lt1 NEW. How many can say that on here? I have a ls1 car now and they each have their own things that are good and bad. I personally prefer the sound of the lt1 exhaust over ls1 but prefer ease of access to simple maintenance on the ls1.

Anyway... At the end it's your money to do with as you please. Do it for the enjoyment and recognize you will never get your money back from what you put into it.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:25 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Lt1 sucks no matter what? Try telling that to the OP who just ran 9's in a cam only lt1 with some boost...I love my ls1 ws6 but my lt1 ss has just as much potential
You are right, a untouched junkyard 5.3 on regular pump gas running 8s is just the same as a supposed stock LT1 running race gas

mai bad
Old 06-21-2013, 03:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are right, a untouched junkyard 5.3 on regular pump gas running 8s is just the same as a supposed stock LT1 running race gas

mai bad

8's on pump gas??

i know the few 5.3's in the 8's one is in a 2400 pound rx7, 29 psi or so on race gas IIRC . . .

not here to prove the LT is better than LS.

if i were to slap my setup into a gutted notch fox body and get it dialed in i know for sure i could hit 8's with it a few times. 2800 pounds vs 3800 helps

maybe one of these days ill try it out, but for now in the F body chassis, stock long block with cam, single plane and 20 psi it has 9.85 on rev limiter, theres lots more in it and we will get it all out before it stops beating.

who knows, i could turn the boost up to 29 like these LS guys are and see what happens, it could go 8's or it could pop, time will only tell.

LT1 or LS1 why is a turbo system a waste of time?? thats like telling a kid with a honda a turbo is a waste of time just go buy a camaro . . . yea like tat will happen, most LT1 guys that run FI or spray tend to stick with the LT1 motor, they may build it but thats just fine.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

No turbo LTx cars hmmm, I'm building a twin turbo LTx z28 right now LOL.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mai bad
You know how I know you're a retard? One, because you believe everything you read on the the internet. Nobody in the history of automotive competition has ever lied or cheated....ever. And two, you believe that the 5.3 has a stronger set of pistons and rods than the LT1. Have you ever disassembled these motors?
Old 06-21-2013, 10:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by xrambbc
8's on pump gas??

i know the few 5.3's in the 8's one is in a 2400 pound rx7, 29 psi or so on race gas IIRC . . .

not here to prove the LT is better than LS.

if i were to slap my setup into a gutted notch fox body and get it dialed in i know for sure i could hit 8's with it a few times. 2800 pounds vs 3800 helps

maybe one of these days ill try it out, but for now in the F body chassis, stock long block with cam, single plane and 20 psi it has 9.85 on rev limiter, theres lots more in it and we will get it all out before it stops beating.

who knows, i could turn the boost up to 29 like these LS guys are and see what happens, it could go 8's or it could pop, time will only tell.

LT1 or LS1 why is a turbo system a waste of time?? thats like telling a kid with a honda a turbo is a waste of time just go buy a camaro . . . yea like tat will happen, most LT1 guys that run FI or spray tend to stick with the LT1 motor, they may build it but thats just fine.

Meticulous attention to detail pays off. Cover every base and you can achieve great things. Even with the lowly LT1. However, I don't believe it's lowly. Because I think I've matched the LS1 in almost every category if you choose the right modifications.

Oh btw, met Nick in person and he is a big dude. Hate to put those big hands into the engine bay to change LT1 plugs.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:46 AM
8 Second Club

What?

I'll prove how stupid this is come Bowling Green.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:07 AM
TECH Regular

Well since the troll is gone, let's get the thread back on track. Turbo LTX!
Old 06-22-2013, 02:45 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Well since the troll is gone, let's get the thread back on track. Turbo LTX!
Oh the ironing.

I am still waiting for answers to questions I posted earlier and some kits pics that are not friggen attachments.

Quick Reply: Turn key LT1 f body turbo systems, whos interested???