LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Notchy shifter after clutch replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 12:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

sadly....I have seen brand new, even expolding wallet billet Fing CNC machined FW not true right out of the box.

OP says full disengagement which is a good sign "but" if FW is not true (like the partially resurfaced one in posts above) that could effect shifting.

One cheap/easy thing would be to replace tranny fluid. Redline D4 has shown shifting improvement, especially in olod weather. May be worth a shot to see if there is any improvement, even if just swaping DEX 3 standard fluid.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fluid was changed just prior to the clutch swap with standard Dex III, but I put enough miles on prior to the swap to know that it didnt affect anything.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump - just wondering if anyone else has any information on this issue. Still experiencing the "problem" if you can call it that.

Car is going away for winter soon, at that point i am going to bleed/replace the master cylinder hydraulic fluid just to see if that makes a difference. If not I am going to email competition to see what they have to say. Might just have to go back to a 6 puck.

Quick Reply: Notchy shifter after clutch replacement?