LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

93 a4 vs 93 m6

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2004 | 09:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 93zm6tally
Bo you sure sound like some kind of gear head.
Maybe I am
Old 05-25-2004 | 02:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by enisguy
a lot of the mods your talking about don't make any noticible difference for your car.. for example, kumhos are street tires, they'll make no difference whatsoever in your cars performance. thermostat doesn't do much either, TB bypass and high flow cat won't do ****... so basically you're talking about a 93 Z28 A4 with a moroso CAI and a cutout vs a 93 Z28 M6 with a CAI and a flowmaster catback... shorties and y-pipe won't make much of a difference, but it'll be noticible. he'll take you by a couple of cars.
Actually the SLP shorties will make a very noticeable difference on a 93 along with the CAI and catback. The stock manifolds were extremely restrictive those years which is why you see such a huge increase when guys slap on headers.

I have the M28 tranny and its funny how people comment on their hp rating. A friend of mine who I watched make over 700 ft lbs of torque on the dyno with an M28 never had it flinch a bit. I coupled mine with a 4.10 gear and it sure made the car a heck of a lot more fun to drive and as long as you weren't trying to drive 90 mph on the hwy it was all good.

That same tranny will be behind the new combo. I went ahead and had it rebuilt cause it supposedly had 100K+ miles and when it was pulled apart I was told it looked very good. Go figure...

Quick Reply: 93 a4 vs 93 m6