LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Question about suncoast ram air box

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 10:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a GM WS6 air box and a Suncoast air box and they both take the same filter.....and fit/function seems to be the same. The Suncoast box does seem to be patterned more after the earlier Firehawk ones than the WS6 one.

I'm not looking to get rid of either airbox, but I do have a damaged GM/OEM WS6 hood I'm going to sell. One of the corners behind the headlight opening was busted/broken off. The previous owner tried to build it back up, but the repair is not straight and would need to be redone. I'm no body man, but someone who can work with fiberglass should be able to tell how much work it would be.
Old 03-21-2014, 02:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Lightbulb Update

Well I may be in luck as I discovered a fresh chip on the passenger side nostril of my hood and being as **** as I am over my car's looks and maintenance, I have to take it back to my nearby custom shop and have them repair the chip. While they are doing that, I will try my original plan again and have them cut out the air box seal of the hood to make more room to fit my stock LT1 air box. The way the hood was molded together...bizarrely enough, there is an outline for what looks like the stock LT1 air box to fit into but the top "seal" for the APM air box must be cut through if my factory air box is to fit. If this don't work then back on goes the factory hood until I have the money to splurge on a total overhaul of this car some years down the road. Mind you I want a custom 400 cubic inch Donovan Aluminum Generation II, LT1 block, naturally aspirated, built to be race worthy but tuned for daily street use and all put together through Lingenfelter Performance. Expensive...I can only imagine how sick the numbers would make me but taking out a loan for essentially a NEW trans am, oh so worth it!

While I am at it, I need to have the shop lift up my sagging rear bumper cover that is drooping on the passenger side and has been annoying me for the longest while. (I hope the previous owner didn't bang up the car and not report it. Carfax gave me a clean bill of health but...) Then I need my driver seat reupholstered as the leather is ripping apart and my driver side door panel has scraps and scuffs that they may be able to blend away, I can't do it right with the vinyl repair kit I have. Lastly I really need them to do something about my tail lights holding in moisture if anything can be done. Oh I wish I could just buy a re-manufactured 1997 Pontiac Trans am WS6 but I guess General Motors can't profit on such an idea and would probably stand to lose money with such an offer. I wish Chip Foose lived in Buffalo, NY.

Last edited by Phoenix'97; 03-25-2014 at 12:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Question about suncoast ram air box