LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Nitrous Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 02:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info. What are your guys' opinion on the LT1 specific Dynotune wet kit? I'm debating between that and the NX Proton Plus (which I believe is universal). Both are similarly priced.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:33 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wallj
So let me know if this sounds good.
Nitrous kit: NX Proton Plus #20421-10
Timing and window switch: Mallory 685
Spark plugs: TR6's

Does this all seem good? At least to get me started spraying? Or am I missing something?
This will defiantly get you going and don't let the price make you think that we use less than top quality parts. The proton units use a very reliable solenoid and is even able to to take the abuse of a progressive controller.

As far as the heater goes I would recommend one as well especially in winter time. Also I would recommend a bottle pressure gauge so that you can tell what the bottle pressure is at to ensure consistent runs.

I would stay away from a projected tip plug as well. Something like a BR6EF would be perfect up to a 100hp shot.

If you have already had the car tuned you will want to pull some timing to prevent detonation, because when they tuned the car they more than likely put as much timing in it as they could without knocking. So if you add nitrous to that you will run the risk of detonation.

If you need any help please feel free to give me a call or shoot me a PM anytime.

Trey
Old 02-05-2014, 04:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NX kits rock I used one on my old motor with a digital 6 msd and worked flawlessly. I used the msd to retard timing without any issues ever, I ran a 200 shot on a stock short block for 3 years drove from Florida to George and back 2 years for the f body gathering and all.

Quick Reply: Nitrous Questions