LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Barely 1,000 miles, knocking sound.

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 03:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dont worry guy, if you have a question you ask. And plus there would be no purpose for a forum if everybody knew everything about cars. I have learned a ton from this place, so dont let him discourage you. People have had so many problems with that guy in the past. Plus he's some ol guy that sits around keyboarding all day looking for a yungster or car newb to rip apart.

IMHO Dont comment unless you are offering help or have a legitimate debate on whats said.

Hate to have to bring my car to your shop duschbag........
Old 05-27-2014, 10:40 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea Swamp was a big help. Shows up with not a bit of advice on engine noise. Thats what a real troll does - no advice - troll all the forums to make sorry azz butt hurt accusations. Hey keep the advice coming Swap. U almost got it fixed now. Then see the doc tomorrow for your severe red azz.

Yer gonna be a hero someday. All the trolls here will want to be your friend now. Youll be in great company.
Old 05-28-2014, 12:16 PM
TECH Regular

by a troll with a bone stock camaro with a mail order tune, headers and head gaskets.

Did you miss the first few comments asking you to forego any comment unless you had something positive to add?

As the OP, I am OK if this thread gets locked. I got the answers I need for now.

Last edited by LT1FirebirdSLP; 05-28-2014 at 12:22 PM.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:51 PM
Banned

Did you miss the first few comments asking you to forego any comment unless you had something positive to add?

U are complacent with Swampbrain comments and think u can criticize mine? Again your statements are as lame as your actions.

Oh again my car isnt fast enough to give advice. All u have to drive is what someone else built for u. Whats to brag about there??? I was outa here in post #14 but your sympathetic hero wants to try a quick jab and run. Not! He (Its) just another sorry red azz lame brain here looking for a chance of bad mouthing and getting away with it.

Well u both stink - thats a fact! BTW there aint to moderator on this forum here or else Swampbrain wouldnt be able to run his mouth. So u better go play somewhere else where someone can babysit u.
Old 05-28-2014, 02:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cardo0

U are complacent with Swampbrain comments and think u can criticize mine? Again your statements are as lame as your actions.

Oh again my car isnt fast enough to give advice. All u have to drive is what someone else built for u. Whats to brag about there??? I was outa here in post #14 but your sympathetic hero wants to try a quick jab and run. Not! He (Its) just another sorry red azz lame brain here looking for a chance of bad mouthing and getting away with it.

Well u both stink - thats a fact! BTW there aint to moderator on this forum here or else Swampbrain wouldnt be able to run his mouth. So u better go play somewhere else where someone can babysit u.
I really wish you could be banned, you are an unbelievable piece of work and offer nothing to this forum except to try and argue your points which 99% of the time are incorrect and you still won't back down when you are schooled on something. There sure is a lot of irony in your posts too, I remember you yelling at a few members for being harsh to an OP asking a question, now you're doing the same thing.

Glad you got it figured out OP, hopefully you'll be good to go now.
Old 05-28-2014, 02:43 PM
TECH Regular

@cardo0

Nothing any of us say will be satisfactory to you. Everything you say is based on assumption and instead of helping, you insult and belittle. To what? Motivate? Encourage? I doubt it.

And I made no reference to how fast your car was. It could be pedaled along by a guinea pig and it wouldn't make a flying difference in the world. The fact is, if your experience is based on a few Saturday morning bolt-ons and head gaskets, then your assessment of calling me a "lazy azz" is really invalid. You couldn't even comprehend the amount of time my friend and I have put into my car. Sure, I had my short block done at a machine shop. Money is tight and I wanted done right the first time and considering my experience in building short-blocks on my own is limited, it's the most cost effective.

The circumstances of that day left me with few options. And I did the best I could with the limited resources I had available. If I had a tool set, drain pan and piece of hose, I would have exhausted those options before posting. Your suggestions all would have required the car to be in my garage, near a garage, near a parts store, of which it was none.

It is people like you who ruin LS1Tech.com. So a little word of advice I learned back in Kindergarten... If you have nothing nice to say, it's better to say nothing at all.

P.S. You were wrong about the bad oil pump.

Last edited by LT1FirebirdSLP; 05-28-2014 at 04:00 PM.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Waits for CardoOs pointless and idiotic response....
Old 05-28-2014, 08:28 PM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by LT1FirebirdSLP
HV oil pump is paired with a Canton 6 quart (almost 7 in actuality)...
If it's a 242t pan then it's a 6qt capacity. Adding more could result in windage issues especially with that pan.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:07 PM
TECH Regular

It is a 242t. It is really odd when this motor setup gets an oil fill. 6qts registers very low on the dipstick (OEM) almost the tip. It takes another half quartish to get it in the sweet spot.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:23 PM
Banned

I really wish you could be banned, you are an unbelievable piece of work and offer nothing to this forum except to try and argue your points which 99% of the time are incorrect and you still won't back down when you are schooled on something. There sure is a lot of irony in your posts too, I remember you yelling at a few members for being harsh to an OP asking a question, now you're doing the same thing.

I really wish u were banned too. U continue to use obscene and derogatory attacks yet are never reprimanded or disciplined for it.

No i didnt yell but i did criticize a few of the bad mouth clowns for attacking new forum members just for asking for help with problems they had or information or they wanted. Yes i did defend their questions. But i could tell they were sincere and needed help - not due to lack of their effort. And if u bothered to read it was mainly the same clowns continually criticize new members and provide very little usefull advice here anyways.
And i also challenged others that continually perpetuate bad advice like setting lifters by sound or preloading hyd lifters 1/8 turn or expecting lifters to take hours to bleed down. If u dont like that so be it. Use the ignore list - something u easily could but fail to do. U choose to cry continually like a little baby thinking mom or dad will come to help u. U think of yourself as some great good doer by attacking me trying to suck up to some real dirt bags that frequent here. Your own problem entirely.

Last edited by cardo0; 05-28-2014 at 11:27 PM. Reason: clarify statement
Old 05-29-2014, 12:42 AM
On The Tree

Just wow. Some people never do grow up.
Old 05-29-2014, 03:45 AM
Village Troll

Originally Posted by LT1FirebirdSLP
It is a 242t. It is really odd when this motor setup gets an oil fill. 6qts registers very low on the dipstick (OEM) almost the tip. It takes another half quartish to get it in the sweet spot.
That's just the way it is. Mine is the same way. I knew it was full when the oil level was touching the "A" in "Add" on the dipstick.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:00 AM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 121 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by SS RRR
That's just the way it is. Mine is the same way. I knew it was full when the oil level was touching the "A" in "Add" on the dipstick.
You said 6qts is proper with that pan Richard?
Old 05-29-2014, 09:09 AM
Village Troll

According to Canton's website it sure is, Man-Crush, but there have been complaints of those who've used that pan say the same thing- that the oil level is different on the stock dipstick. On that note, people have also complained about windage issues if filling at least 6qts or more.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:27 AM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Cardo0, consider this a warning. I've observed numerous posts of yours that are anything but constructive. Multiple members here have had issues with your responses. If you continue, you will be put on vacation or banned.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:35 PM
TECH Regular

@SS RRR

Are you saying 6qts on top of a full filter or with an empty filter. If exceeding the 6qt capacity causes said windage issues it makes me wonder.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:39 AM
Village Troll

Good question. Canton's website says "6 quart system capacity..." I take that to mean 6 quarts total?
https://www.cantonracingproducts.com...-1-PIECE-SEAL/

I had windage issues confirmed with a mechanical gauge whenever I did 6qts. With the advice of a few others who had the same pan I put 5.5qts in and it resolved the issue. I should be clear and say the dipstick read at the bottom of the "A" with 5.5qts. This was done without taking the oil filter into consideration. I just dumped 6qts and went to 5.5.
I have both the stock pan and the Canton pan off the two engines I have. I may do a comparison with the stock pan filled with 5 quarts and the Canton filled with 6 to see if there is a difference in the levels.
Old 05-30-2014, 03:35 PM
TECH Regular

I've emailed Canton for clarification.
Old 05-30-2014, 04:08 PM
TECH Regular

Rapid response from Canton...

We list our capacities as total system capacity. So the 6 qt listed is with the filter full. One important factor in the design of our pans is oil level. It will not always be the same as the factory pan level because we make every effort to keep the oil as far away from the crank as possible to prevent windage and control the oil as much as possible.
and a follow up response...

When ever Canton states their oil capacity as system capacity. We are including the filter in that amount. The only pans we don't state the oil capacity as system capacity is our boat pans. The amount we state for them is only what is in the pan. Bob
Old 05-31-2014, 11:24 PM
Village Troll

Good to know.

Quick Reply: Barely 1,000 miles, knocking sound.