LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

95' LT1 Loses all power on key turn

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 05:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have you checked your ground? I had this happen before and I cleaned the grounds and all was good.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:16 AM

Hawkeye I had the exact same thing happen to me at car show...gotta love being stranded in front of your peers. Anyway, when you have it on acc you have power to everything, headlights are nice and bright, and all the dummy lights turn off but as soon as you try and crank everything goes black.
Mine was the clutch saftey switch on clutch pedal. Took the clip out and put a jumper in place to test and bam! Fired up no problems. Now you can leave the jumper in place and keep enjoying your ride; but remember to not let anyone else drive it or they will start your car in gear and have it jump into the front of a building or a parked car. Hope this works and it only takes 5 sec. to see if its the culprit.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:53 AM
Staging Lane

I'm going to go with BCM gone bad. I remember reading something about a solder that breaks inside of it?

Your symptoms sound exactly what happened to a '96 Z28 I used to own. For me, it started with a 'flicker' of power when turning the key (interior lights and dash would click on and off rapidly, then car would start).

Eventually it totally failed. Turn key position 1, lights, dash, etc would come on. Completely turn to start engine - everything goes black.

Somewhere someone has instructions for opening it up and repairing the cracked solder. Might be worth a try before spending any money.

EDIT: Found this, might help. https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...blems-fix.html

Quick Reply: 95' LT1 Loses all power on key turn