LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Shortys, Mids, LT's

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 03:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I definitely will...Ill post pics of the work and installed results also. Wife is probably going to be between jobs, so if I cant find a GREAT deal on a used set, Ill need to wait till she has obtained steady employment again before I can buy more car parts.... Thanks again to you and all the other help on this!!!
Old 08-11-2014, 07:45 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JOHNNYMO
So why couldnt I simply remove the riser pipe from the passenger side #2 cylinder, seal the hole with weld or weld a small plate over the hole...then drill a hole in the #8 tube, and simply weld the riser in that spot? Of course Id need to cut off and weld the EGR small tube closed also. The driver side is actually ok and doesnt look like it would need any modification. This way I could use LT's for a 94& up.
My earlier post gave you a solution with no welding. You'll just need a 94 egr feed tube and a 94 air injection pipe for the passenger side. Much simpler than cutting and welding.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:37 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Birdracing
Yeah my Pacesetter LT's came with 02'extensions no lights on yet with no problems. Nice sound from the car after the LT's were installed.
+1, the sound difference alone is worth the price for the pacesetter long tube headers. With these, no cat, and a magnaflow muffler, holy crap does it sound good. I'm sure some people will laugh, but I think it makes it have a very exotic and smooth sound, but it also sounds extremely mean. Blipping the throttle up to 2k rpm reminds me of a snarling sound you'd get from a bmw m5 or something.

Quick Reply: Shortys, Mids, LT's