LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

The garage ornament is now a DD

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2021, 05:30 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SS RRR
Hey Glen! Even amongst all the bullshit going on these days life is good. Never thought I'd say it, but I do miss VA/MD a lot. Just not the traffic.
Yeah my **** still runs. I don't do anything with it but drive it now. No spots to cruise really. LOTS of open road though. It's fantastic. Lots of bro dozers wanting races and get mad when they loose. Good to see that pile of yours again and looks to be in great shape! Was just thinking about what Kenny G and CockBreathR were doing these days!
I have not seen or talked to Tyler or Kevin in years. Last time I talked to you, you had just moved to Texas I believe. I’ve found a renewed interest in my pile recently. Dumping **** loads of money into it. 24 year old cars need lots of love to keep them fun. Most likely another round of stuff done over the winter. Now that I don’t have to emission test any more the-skies the limit.
Old 10-22-2021, 05:38 PM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

Going to move this to DM before someone tells us to get a room...
Old 10-22-2021, 05:53 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 120 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by SS RRR
Going to move this to DM before someone tells us to get a room...
Get a room you fuggin troll.
Old 10-25-2021, 04:41 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

It’s definitely a marathon! I have such an itch to drive my car but it’s a hassle to take the Tahoe to the storage lot (100 yards away), hitch up the trailer, tow it home, unload the car, drive it for a little then load it back up and go put it back in the lot. I want to build a detached garage with a loft apartment to be my office, but my neighbor is building one and it’s $150,000 and I don’t think it adds that much value. So now I’m looking for land or a really cheap house with a garage for under $200k as my “dog house” within a mile from here so I could bike or ride a golf cart to it and store the boat and camaro there and act as a guest house. Adding a 3rd kid in a house fit for only 2 kids has us wanting to finish the attic and put 2-3 bedrooms up there, which I’m guessing will be $30-50k, but houses go for around $200-220 $/sqft, so it could add $200k in value and be worth it. We live at the beach so we have a lot of guests and when they come they stay for a week And I lose my office for that time. In the meantime our 19’ boat isn’t big enough for 5 people + guests, so want to buy a 22-27’ Grady freedom, which is $35-85k used, and the wife needs a 3 row SUV which in this market a used one is $30k. Need to take baby steps and prioritize. Also supposed to be starting a new job in November. Everything takes time, and someday I’ll be able to just walk out to the garage, hit the key, And take the camaro for a spin, or drive it somewhere to meet up with people from here, but life’s a marathon and it’s not all going to happen at once!

Last edited by bufmatmuslepants; 10-25-2021 at 05:11 AM.
Old 10-14-2022, 04:17 AM
12 Second Club

Of course like clockwork every fall I get the itch to race. Car still is in the trailer, hasn’t seen daylight since January. As far as I know I only need an intake manifold gasket to stop the oil leak and a starter to make it test n tune worthy. Since this last post I got a new job with about a 30% pay raise, but 3 kids, life and inflation make it feel like no change. I still need to build a garage before any real progress happens, but with 2 out of 3 kids in school all day, I’m hoping to find time to do the intake and starter and hit a test n tune before winter is over.

I love reading back through this old thread 8 years later and seeing the “progress” or lack there of, and rekindling my dreams of one day getting it done. My kids sometimes ask “where’s your race car? Can we go for a ride?” Since this thread started I’ve moved twice, changed jobs, had 2 more kids, but the car still makes me smile just thinking about it. Next week when my kids no longer have strep and are back in school, my goal is to pull the car out, drive it around the block, maybe wash it, and take some pictures.

I just can’t spend any money on it, or even plan to, because every time I get the itch to spend money on the car I get my wife pregnant again. Once I’m snipped this winter maybe, juuuuust maybe, I can put 9” and slicks on it again and go terrorize some new cars at the local 1/4 mile.
Old 10-14-2022, 08:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 97 Likes on 86 Posts

haha yea man you got some strong swimmers, you best get that taken care of before you're the next Duggers! Just messing, we had our first back in June, he's a trip. Stating to smile and get himself a little personality, can't wait to take him out in the car, or hell, put his *** on the Scag to tame some of this 5 acres of pasture land we live on. I spent last winter doing a big engine management overhaul on my car. Found a terminator system with trans control for less than the cost of the dominator used so I had to jump at it. Took off the POS sniper I was running and re-did all the kill switch & relocate wiring, mounted the ECU inside, leash relay box, dual sync and LS coils, re did the fuel system for like the 4th time... Got it tuned and man is it a pleasure to drive again. Got it pretty much ironed out 4 days before my son was born... I did pull it out of the garage, ironically enough for more painting, last week and did a lap around the pastures and startled a few cows. Damn it runs better than it ever has hah! I was hoping to put up a metal building this year for a shop but the wife wants a huge front porch to give the house some more character so I guess I'm getting a big covered porch...

Good to see this thread bumped though and that you still have interest in the car. I did tell the wife I would sell the racecar if we went and bought one of those new Escalade V's....don't think that's happening though.
Old 10-14-2022, 09:07 AM
TECH Resident

Received 147 Likes on 114 Posts

2/3 kids in school? Mine are 1/5/9, yours must be in that ballpark. I got the snip while #3 was in the oven, it's easy peasy. Intake gaskets and a starter are light work, chop chop! What EMS are you using again?
Old 10-14-2022, 03:17 PM
12 Second Club

1/5/8, pretty close.

I couldn’t resist and had to go pull the car out. Took a jumper pack to start, but after I ripped it around blowing the cobwebs out it isn’t running half bad. Took some pictures and back into the trailer she goes until boating season is over and then maybe I’ll swap it and the boat in the driveway and do the intake and starter in the trailer.

Also heavily debating just changing the oil, wiping all the excess oil from under it, towing it to test n tune and wiping the underside after each pass. Maybe next Friday…

Last edited by bufmatmuslepants; 10-14-2022 at 06:14 PM.
The following users liked this post:
biketopia (10-17-2022)
Old 03-15-2023, 09:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Just stopped to say I love this thread, and seeing you grow with the car. Nice!
Old 11-08-2023, 07:42 PM
12 Second Club

Baby steps…. I got oil, just need a battery, and maybe we’ll make test n tune Sunday…. But the car still exists! The last time it saw daylight was 2 posts above…

biketopia (11-09-2023)
Old 11-08-2023, 07:43 PM
Man-Crush Warning

But what about your opti
Old 11-08-2023, 09:29 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Shownomercy
But what about your opti
Don’t you put that evil on me!
Old 11-09-2023, 05:35 PM
12 Second Club

Opti for the WIN! Still spins to 6000+ without a hiccup! Only got 3 quarts of oil out after 7 years! And in other good news my toddler found a metal flashlight I didn’t know existed in the car and banged on the window and it didn’t break!

rentedmule (11-10-2023)
Old 11-10-2023, 04:17 PM
Man-Crush Warning

That thing has rear seats in it???
Old 11-11-2023, 11:05 AM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

Mine still does. Your **** is a race car!
Old 11-11-2023, 12:55 PM
12 Second Club

I “assembled” the interior when we moved just to make it easier to move the parts. It’s going to rain tomorrow so no test n tune, traveling the next 2 weeks so cars going back in the trailer today so the basic mom white 3 row SUV complete with Stanley cup can go back in the garage (sad face). I have enjoyed sitting in it after the kids go to bed with a beer making race car noises. The positive is with the fresh oil change, in the trailer is just a hitch up away from the next available test n tune.

The following 3 users liked this post by bufmatmuslepants:
biketopia (11-13-2023), rentedmule (11-14-2023), rmack (12-03-2023)

Quick Reply: The garage ornament is now a DD