LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Lt1 conversion swap & obd1 mod questions.

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 08:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lt1 conversion swap & obd1 mod questions.

I bought a totaled Buick roadmaster to install the motor and transmission in to my El Camino during the conversion i found out that the who ever previously painted teh car calked the windows back in and this caused rot around 2 windows. So I will be abandoning the El Camino.

The LT1 is OBD1 and I am wondering if it is has already been done or even possible to use a trigger wheel, sensor, individual coil packs, gen 1 timing cover, cam & water pump and retain the OBD1 ECU.

The second part would be now that I am not using the El Camino I am going to put it in my mustang. I want to use the the stock k member I have found a few options I am curious has anyone used these? If you did how was your experience? #1 BPR I am not looking to use them it seems over prices. #2 GForce http://www.crossmembers.com/shop/che...nce-p-442.html #3 Tinman fabrication http://www.tinmanfabrication.com/ind...rod/prd145.htm .
If i have missed an option please let me know.
Old 06-28-2015, 10:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

You cannot use a gen I timing cover or water pump on an LT1. There are ways to convert to using coil packs, such as LTCC (have to retain the opti) or eficonnection 24x, but you have to change the computer.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shbox
You cannot use a gen I timing cover or water pump on an LT1. There are ways to convert to using coil packs, such as LTCC (have to retain the opti) or eficonnection 24x, but you have to change the computer.
are any of these 2 option worth the cash output for a goal of 300hp/300ft fuel efficient 3-4 season driver? i know there are complete solutions but I want to keep the 4l60e. I have everything basically converted stand alone from the b body. I just have seen any "user friendly" programs for the OBD1

I eventually want to add a turbo but am concerned about the compression and so on.

Quick Reply: Lt1 conversion swap & obd1 mod questions.